Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 07:20 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,293,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
No, Bob is right, there is no reason to " harass" anyone, what's the point? Groups are targeted all the time, and there always have been red flag words that wii trip an audit. I do not see this a anything out of the ordinary when it comes to the dreaded IRS. As far as Tea Party groups being looked at more than others, I think that's good policy, remember these groups are all about covering up their actual agenda
<sigh> How many groups were targeted becsue they contained the name <insert liberal cause here>? Can you name one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 07:21 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,451,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Make sure the words 'patriot', 'Constitution', 'Tea Party', 'Freedom', 'Traditional marriage', 'gun' don't appear anywhere in your health records. You might be denied Obamacare and have to pay a huge fine.
When grandma tells her doc she went to a tea party with the other red hats and she feels horrible because some old son of a gun spiked the punch and she can't drink because of her weak constitution, she's as good as dead. IRS death panel!

Old 05-16-2013, 07:28 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,741,980 times
They won't stop until the sh"00"ting starts.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:28 PM

7,569 posts, read 5,822,218 times
Default IRS Henchwoman gets 103K Bonus and a Promotion

IRS tax exemption/Obamacare exec got $103,390 in bonuses | WashingtonExaminer.com

Something is seriously wrong here.. We have the woman who was in charge of targeting conservative groups getting 103K in bonuses then a promotion? Then she get's promoted to head of the Health Care train wreck. Imagine what here marching order from numb nuts in regarding to conservative and religious organizations that opposed the mess of legislation?

Beside the obvious, what in the hell are we handing out huge bonuses to government employees for? The government does not operate on a profit. It takes from the working folks and gives to the poor who need it and the leeches who learned how to work the system.

To the entire IRS mess.. I find it amazing Benghazi Bob can stand in front of the press corp and basically state that the Obama Administration had no idea what was going on inside the Obama administration. He may have gotten away with that 3 months ago but the press and his own congress is turning on him. This is obvious from the amount of digging they are doing and the stories I'm reading. Even Chuckie Wrangell, the king of ethic's charges, is telling him to come clean.

This entire issue is just getting off the ground and will make Benghazi look like a walk in the park. It will eventually make it's way to the West Wing. Mark this post and come back in a year.. It's going to take that long to unravel this mess.

How can anyone with a reasonable mind ever trust this administration again? Let's just assume for one second that the village idiot didn't know. What does that say for the culture of his administration? Any company I have ever worked for developed it's culture and business practice based on leadership. Maybe that's it.. He's not a leader.. Even Chris Matthews realizes that now..

By the way, I have a "thrill up my leg" right now.. Let's just hope our leaders in the house have the balls to take this all the way and pull out the stops. Nothing would please me more than to see him packing his bags and heading on back to the land of crooks and thieves were he belongs.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,791,657 times
When it's not your money, then you don't care.
When you raise the debt ceiling and just keep printing, then you don't care.

So far this administration has done nothing illegal.
They are running the country for 3.5 more years.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:31 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,440,125 times
Time to go underground.

79,910 posts, read 44,452,743 times
No way she keeps this position.

8,733 posts, read 16,000,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Because looking at a particular group more than others would in no way be consider being harrassed. "rolleyes"

You would likely be a top notch guy to run Bloomberg's programs where he profile's blacks because we all know what their agenda's are.
You have way too much " agenda driven" thinking to be reasonable. You may not like Bloomberg, but he is most likely the best for NYC mayor they ever had. "profile blacks" ? .... I will tell you this, taking a large area like say the Chicago south side, and it's always going to come off as targeting blacks, that's where the problems are.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:02 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,451,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Greg I may not agree with many of your opinions but I respect them. Unless you're joking here you just lost that respect.

He isn't joking.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:03 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,452,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
You have way too much " agenda driven" thinking to be reasonable. You may not like Bloomberg, but he is most likely the best for NYC mayor they ever had. "profile blacks" ? .... I will tell you this, taking a large area like say the Chicago south side, and it's always going to come off as targeting blacks, that's where the problems are.
Yes, I have an agenda. It's the Constitution. I realize many do not understand that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies