Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2013, 02:57 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
OK, pumpkin... I don't believe in encouraging the insane.
Then I sincerely hope you did not vote for the guy who believes blacks are cursed for not fighting the devil in a rebellion before they were born, God lives on a planet called Kolob and his magic underwear will protect him from harm. I mean, if that isn't encouraging insanity, I don't know what is.

Quote:
If I cut my arms and legs off, does it make me a snake? How about the guy who got leopard tattoos head-to-toe, fang implants, and facial reconstruction to look more cat-like? Did it make him a leopard and should others acquiesce to such delusions?
When psychologists and other mental health professionals say those are indeed valid issues that should be embraced, I will. Sorry, but we are not all white, heterosexual, farm living Anglo-Saxon orthodox Christians in America. We are evolving...

...but I forgot, evolution is a lie from the devil, and global warming is just God hugging us closer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 03:05 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Well, first off, this isn't Europe, and it certainly isn't Finland. If you like their lifestyle, I strongly recommend you go there instead of trying to change us.
I live in Seattle. We are more like Finland than Alabama or Mississippi or whatever other red state hell hole you can name. Oh, and those states are more like Iran than they are like Washington.

Quote:
Now, the homosexual thing. So what? There was a guy in my school in the 1950s that was suspected of being homosexual. Nobody bothered him. I haven't seen him since graduation, but I heard he moved to the UK to be with his significant other. Good for him. I am retired military. I'm sure I showered with homosexual guys while on active duty. It was never a problem.
Then it shouldn't be a problem for a transgender girl to use the girl's bathroom.

Quote:
Speaking of "problems" what is it with you and religion, particularly the Christian or Jewish religion (you do know that Muslims are also "people of The Book", meaning the Old Testament, don't you?)? You come across as some kind of evangelical missionary preaching the gospel ("good news") of Atheism. I never have liked evangelical missionaries!
Of any kind.
I am not preaching, just saying I would rather not my kid have Nicene/Islamic/Judaic Satan worship shoved down his or her throat. And I'm not an atheist, I am a Gnostic Christian.

All I am saying is that if they can stop a transgender girl from using the girl's bathroom because it makes parents "uncomfortable" then they should also prevent my kids from hearing little Crusader-lings going on and on about how great speaking in the tongues is. Hey, what if I had a kid and I was uncomfortable with him/her sharing a bathroom with fundamentalist brats? I mean, what would be worse than being confronted by a little preached when you're in the middle of taking a pee pee? Why not separate bathrooms for secular people who don't care about religion in "the public square", i.e., DOWN OUR THROATS?

Old 03-02-2013, 03:33 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I agree 100% Thing is, Americans have to learn that nudity is only sexualized IF YOU CHOOSE TO SEXUALIZE IT. In many parts of the world boys and girls naked in the same place is...swimming? Changing clothes? In America, the first thing that comes to people's minds is "orgy"
Really? Maybe I will learn something here. Where are these many places around the world where kids regularly just swim around naked?

Old 03-02-2013, 06:40 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
When psychologists and other mental health professionals say those are indeed valid issues that should be embraced, I will.
Do you prefer to be called a lemming or a sheep? Learn to use common sense and judge for yourself when needed, no matter what the so called "experts" say.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:07 AM

25,842 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDSUBison View Post
I dont understand how these kids can know their sexual orientation at such a young age and without hitting puberty. How can a 18 month old know they are transgendered? How can a 6 year old know they are homosexual, heterosexual, or bisexual?
I think with the really little kids it's a medical issue and not an emotional issue. I think dual sex organs are identified very early on. But this case is just a couple of idiot parents trying to raise a "gender neutral" child. They probably gave the kid a choice and of course he said he wants to be a girl. Much more fun than being what he is.

Pure idiocy and this is the kind of thing that is wasting the time of school administrators. Again, get the federal government out of public education.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:14 AM

168 posts, read 335,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Really? Maybe I will learn something here. Where are these many places around the world where kids regularly just swim around naked?
I seriously doubt victorianpunk has ever left the US, more than likely the person just reads random stuff on the internet.

I have been swimming and on beaches in Germany, France, Italy, UK, Ireland, Belgium, and the Netherlands and have never seen people or their kids naked. Yes there were a few and I mean very few nude beaches in Italy and France but they were just as common as they are in the US at least from what I saw. I have not been to Finland but I have been to Norway and Denmark and I did do saunas in both countries and I never saw naked people.

Honestly the person is just bigot has a thing against certain religions and has a thing against "red" states even though the person has most likely never been to one, hell the person probably has never left the city to go out into their state, just goes from city to city along the coast Seattle to Portland to the Bay area to LA. I remember a lot of people from Portland, when I lived there, that were like that.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:04 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Human gender and sexuality are a complex issue. At the same time it is simple. Some of us are born tucked in and some tucked out. If a human being is born male they will always be male. It does not matter what is going on inside the mind of the person. The structure is male and that is all there is too it.

If I were to have a young son that was showing feminine traits..I would not jump on some band wagon and insist that the child was gay or transgender or anything else. It is not up to the adult parent to re-define the child and send them down some pop culture liberal path that leads to a certain kind of life.

In fact it is none of the parents business...Let nature take it's course. This child may naturally enjoy those things that are female and prefer these things as far as presentation and general artistic expression. The kid could be a born artist that sees no social bounds. There is no guarantee that this boy will grow to be a homosexual who expresses his EVENTUAL sexuality with other males. At present a five year old is NOT a sexual entity as we adults perceive it.

Are these parents now going to educate the kid in anal and oral sex? Something that the child on their own would never discover? Things that must be suggested? There is a law against sexual interference. The parents are interfering with this child's natural development. Leave the kids alone..This mother is indoctrinated and now like a religious zealot she seems to want to pass on her new found religion of ultimate freedom on to others .The child has no idea what is going on..the child is not able to make choices or decide about his future. This is totally dis-empowering and disrespectful.

The so-called act of liberation may be in time an enslavement. The bottom line is the kid is but a baby...I knew a mother who had an eccentric son..when he was young she insisted that he was gay...The kid came to me and asked "what is gay"...I explained to him in part that it had a lot to do with personal freedom - that it was about power and dis-empowerment. That it was a case of never having a wife or creating a personal family empire through offspring and in my opinion was not the optimal way to live out a life..That was my opinion.

The boy is now a teenager and has a well rounded understanding of all forms of sexuality..I did not present the concept with the pop approach consisting of "born this way" - which is simplistic and removes the freedom of consideration. Let the kids figure out themselves what they want...Perhaps this child will not want to be a female in time...BUT this will be difficult because it seems the mother is insistent. I would as a parent would not take an offensive position on such a matter...like a plant...I would water and let it grow into what it was destined to be. My mantra is in the end LET NATURE TAKE IT'S COURSE.

In nature some creatures are born not to breed. Homosexuality and gender issues should not be sexualized- In our hedonistic society we sexualize every thing and every body.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:30 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
If it is harassment, it can be stopped, and that is exactly what the Nicenes like to do, harass and ultimately hurt people. And if going on about Republican Jesus who died so that people can read "Atlas Shrugged" and die for a GOP war is protected speech, than I guess the schools also cannot forbid my kids from quoting from this blog here: ★ Marx 4 Children ★

First Amendment, after all
No, they can't stop your fortunately non-existent children from quoting Marx. Have you ever considered living in a genuine, no God allowed, communist country? I think North Korea, Cuba, and China may still qualify. They also have a couple of other things in common. For instance, I don't think there would ever be an issue or debate about transgender bathroom privileges in any of those counties.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:57 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
Makes me want to belt out

Girls will be boys and boys will be girls / It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola la la la la Lola

Sorry... just couldn't resist.
lol, best post in the thread

Old 03-02-2013, 09:02 AM

621 posts, read 658,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
Makes me want to belt out

Girls will be boys and boys will be girls / It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola la la la la Lola

Sorry... just couldn't resist.
On a side note our language reflects our reproductive potential not our preference in partner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies