Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 07:01 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,211,194 times

Advertisements

What if the teacher were a man and came to work dressed like Liz Talor...lol I know of a local high school boy who has been permitted to come to school dressed like the "girl" he thinks he is......this is crazy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 07:59 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,771,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Really now, never heard that before, but anecdotally it makes sense. Regardless, no way this kid grows out of it. This kid will have to continue being a female, no matter what they want in the future, because of what the child's parents are currently doing. I'm not sure what the problem with the child using the faculty restroom is for the family. Quiet simple solutions, that create the least amount of controversy, is what is in an individual child's best interest, not the media circus they have created. This is not about what is in their child's best interest anymore, if it ever was.
I don't know. There is a famous case where a botched circumcision lead to reassignment of a toddler. The idea then was it's nurture not nature. The child rebelled against that even though he was raised as a girl since being a baby. He rebelled early on wanting to play with trucks and not dolls. As an adult he reverted back as best as he could never being "male" until he was an adult.

The are two points to this. First, the cause of this is unknown. Nature vs. nurture is not settled but it seems to have a biological component due to the early onset.

Second, gender identity is extremely persistent. If the kid was forced to be in the wrong body (so to speak) chances are there would be push back and regardless wouldn't stay that way past age of majority.

The protocol to start puberty blockers calls for examination by mental health professionals as well as an endocrinologist. I have enough faith left to feel that they would stop the transition and wouldn't do the drugs at puberty. I hope I'm not wrong. We'll find out. Kids are coming out of the closet like crazy.

As far as the media goes, I saw CNN break this story Wednesday morning. They had a 5 person panel and every one of them was pro-trans. I'm not saying it's wrong to be pro-trans but in order to make an informed opinion you've got to hear both sides. Hopefully with an opened mind.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:05 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,771,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
What if the teacher were a man and came to work dressed like Liz Talor...lol I know of a local high school boy who has been permitted to come to school dressed like the "girl" he thinks he is......this is crazy
It's not crazy. Think about the danger and mocking they go through by doing that. To them that is far better than not expressing their gender identity. There is a high rate of suicide and attempts with these kids. My mind isn't totally made up on all the issues but if wearing a dress settles the mind versus a bullet to the head then I'm OK with it.

Now if you mean crazy like mental illness then I don't know. You could say the same thing about homosexuals. It could be a defect but that doesn't mean they should be denied their expression.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:49 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,332,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
There is so much ignorance on this board it is disgusting.

This girl is not a tomboy, but is a girl. There have been studies that have concluded people can have biological issues with their hard wiring (read, their neurology) that makes them trapped in the opposite gender. What if you woke up tomorrow as the opposite gender? How desperately would you want to be made right? That is what they feel like.

As for this case I would say that the girl in question should be allowed to use the unisex bathroom in the nurses office and/or teacher's lounge.

And NO ONE can stop these parents from dressing their daughter up as they she sees fit. You don't like it? BIG DEAL.

For the record, if I ever had kids I would be more than okay with them being gay, straight, transgender, bi, asexual, whatever. BUT, if they EVER came into my house with any of that orthodox abrahamic religion BS there would be HELL TO PAY (no pun intended)

I would let a thousand sons wear dresses before I ever let any one of my children, who lives under my roof, worship the tyrant of the Old Testament.

That is the beauty of America: everyone can raise their kids as they see fit as long as they aren't abusing them. Don't like it? Move to Saudi Arabia or Uganda or some other uncivilized part of the world, and most importantly stay the HELL OUT OF SEATTLE.
So you would disown your child, kick them out, if they became a fundamentalist Christian?

Old 03-04-2013, 03:48 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,987,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
So you would disown your child, kick them out, if they became a fundamentalist Christian?

Yes.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:52 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,987,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
Well hello there.

Sex reassignment surgery (SRS) address the genitals. I.E. the sex of a person. Gender is a mental construct.

Gender, sex and sexual orientation are all different things.

Exactly. Should this young woman, who has female genitals now, be forced to use the boy's bathroom?

Kim Petras on The Insider 30 04 2009 - YouTube

Old 03-04-2013, 05:38 AM

524 posts, read 400,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Hitler and his closest associates had a strange version of man love going on...Hitler it was said was incapable of being with a woman...The Nazis promoted a type of unification of males that for all intent and purpose was homosexual. Nawh...those lunatics through out history all had sexual issues. The Nazis killed homo-sexuals but did not kill themselves? Go figure..talk about a closeted denial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Exactly. Should this young woman, who has female genitals now, be forced to use the boy's bathroom?

Kim Petras on The Insider 30 04 2009 - YouTube
She is transsexual. She is biologically considered a female and there would be no issue. Stay on topic, we are discussing transgendered individuals.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:37 AM

12,498 posts, read 27,019,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Seriously, a 1st grader knows that he/she is not what they were born to be? Personally, I think the parents are a couple of idiots and I see they have a lawyer already and ready to sue.

This is another reason why IMO the big school system should be scrapped and we should go back to small, neighborhood schools again and mostly funded by states and local communities. Let's get the Federal Government and their agenda out of public education.

Colorado school bars transgendered 1st-grader from using girls' restroom - CNN.com
Ridiculous

A 1st grader barely knows how to say their ABC's much less realize they are not the gender they were born as.

More Liberal propaganda fluff.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,284,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Ridiculous

A 1st grader barely knows how to say their ABC's much less realize they are not the gender they were born as.

More Liberal propaganda fluff.
It's not even that. There is no way they realize sex and the roles they play at 18 months which is where the parents say this all started. No way.

As I said earlier I understand that this is something people struggle with in real life. There are people with these feelings and it can't be fun. But NOT at 18 months.

With this being the case it would seem pretty obvious that the problem is with the parents. It's the parents that have the problem here.

This seems to me to perhaps be something very similar to the Munchausen by proxy syndrome. We know that is real also. The illnesses their kids have are real also but in these cases they are brought on by the parent. If this had been an older kid I would say that we needed to take care here in what we do. In this case I think the parents need investigated.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:49 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,033,934 times
The parents are now heroes to the liberals and their "not fair" battle cry. The child is a victim they can take up for. All fits right into their little world. Liberalism is the problem here and the child is a victim.........of liberalism itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies