Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 12:02 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,269,129 times

Advertisements

I told you guys last time some yahoo did this (was it the gun shop owner or someone else? Can't remember now) that it's their "15 minutes", an attempt at cheap celebrity and publicity. Does anyone have any new info saying otherwise? If not, I stand by whatever I say the other times because I'm way too lazy to keep up with conservative business owners who think they have an original idea in their heads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 12:08 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,807,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post

You love it because you feel powerless in your life.
The only thing any of us really control is our own reactions.
Instead of doing that, most people focus on anything else but controlling themselves.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:10 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,840,231 times
Just another business man trying to get publicity and attention through political discrimination. Hopefully this trend will die soon.

Does he know when our country really, truly began to sink into economic ruin? When George W. Bush began the war on terror. Perhaps he should charge our armed forces and anyone who support military more?

How ironic this stunt is. Since afterall "Liberals" voted for Clinton, who just happened to be the last president to actually leave office with a surplus and balanced budget.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:14 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,326,853 times
As a liberal I'd never drink or eat there because who knows what the mean-spirited, short-sighted jerk of an owner would put in your food or glass.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:22 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,920,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
As a liberal I'd never drink or eat there because who knows what the mean-spirited, short-sighted jerk of an owner would put in your food or glass.
Discrimination by a restaurant. Don't you just hate it?

Old 01-16-2013, 12:23 PM

918 posts, read 817,867 times
Default How predictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
You love it because you feel powerless in your life.
One of the ultimate expressions of free speech. Interesting thing here is the liberals whine all over, including here, about it and lash out like JUST LIKE YOU DID.

Conservatives though, who usually have principles, something generally alien to liberals and would if the show were on the other foot, NOT patronize a liberal storeowner doing that..on P-R-I-N-C-I-P-L-E.

They also wouldn't object to him doing that realizing it's an expression of free speech manifested in a 'voluntary' surcharge. You see, it's voluntary, because the liberal doesn't have to even admit he's a liberal. Just order sit-down and enjoy and shut up, but libs just can't do that. They have TO W-H-I-N-E and make a public spectacle of themselves lie a petulant child.

Chalk another one up for the good guys.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:26 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,776,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I told you guys last time some yahoo did this (was it the gun shop owner or someone else? Can't remember now) that it's their "15 minutes", an attempt at cheap celebrity and publicity. Does anyone have any new info saying otherwise? If not, I stand by whatever I say the other times because I'm way too lazy to keep up with conservative business owners who think they have an original idea in their heads.
Ceece you think you know it all so why don't you start and run your own business of would you rather just live off the labor of others who have to be away from their family to support their own family and you too?

Old 01-16-2013, 12:26 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,920,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
One of the ultimate expressions of free speech. Interesting thing here is the liberals whine all over, including here, about it and lash out like JUST LIKE YOU DID.

Conservatives though, who usually have principles, something generally alien to liberals and would if the show were on the other foot, NOT patronize a liberal storeowner doing that..on P-R-I-N-C-I-P-L-E.

They also wouldn't object to him doing that realizing it's an expression of free speech manifested in a 'voluntary' surcharge. You see, it's voluntary, because the liberal doesn't have to even admit he's a liberal. Just order sit-down and enjoy and shut up, but libs just can't do that. They have TO W-H-I-N-E and make a public spectacle of themselves lie a petulant child.

Chalk another one up for the good guys.
Right. Because hate and discrimination are such good principles.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:29 PM

918 posts, read 817,867 times
Default Ditto for you Raymond

As you may observe I just replied to robbobobbo and the same reply fits you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
If the place was really good and I loved it, I'd just lie and say I'm a staunch conservative.

Quote:
I'd come dress in white sheets so he'd believe me.

You guys are both hapless and helpless. If I've offended you I'm not sorry.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,252,123 times
Great! He's found a few suckers to pay.

Me? I'll make it clear that I'm most certainly a liberal and he still won't get that extra dollar. Not in this lifetime. And to rub salt In the wound, I'd go a few times a week, as long as he'd serve me.

I guess Utah liberals are either fools, or good sports.

I'm neither.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies