Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 11:37 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,220,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
They also killed a lot of people.

To the victor goes the spoils

What a stupid comment.

Who wanted to go to war? It surely wasn't the South. It was the North.

And please don't go on a rant about Ft. Sumter, where no one died at all.

Look, 650,000 American soldiers died because the North refused to give up the south. Abraham Lincoln was the greatest tyrant this country has ever known. And he didn't care one bit for black people, and wanted to kick them out of the country.

And the northern states after the war wanted absolutely nothing to do with these newly freed blacks. Though they were fine keeping them in the southern states and giving them voting rights, because they knew the blacks would vote for them.

About 5,000 people died in over 100 years of lynchings. You can't even compare that with 650,000 killed in four years because of the despotic government under the radical Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 11:39 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,708,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
What a stupid comment.

Look, 650,000 American soldiers died because the North refused to give up the south. Abraham Lincoln was the greatest tyrant this country has ever known. And he didn't care one bit for black people, and wanted to kick them out of the country.

And the northern states after the war wanted absolutely nothing to do with these newly freed blacks. Though they were fine keeping them in the southern states and giving them voting rights, because they knew the blacks would vote for them.

About 5,000 people died in over 100 years of lynchings. You can't even compare that with 650,000 killed in four years because of the despotic government under the radical Republicans.
You mean, Lincoln wanted to kick the slaves out of the country instead of keeping 'em picking cotton? That rat bastard!

Old 12-18-2012, 11:40 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,301,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
What a stupid comment.

Treasonous traitors deserve no pity.

Lincoln was one of the greatest US Presidents.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:44 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,229,418 times
So the American flags, from 1776 to 1865, which flew over a nation that legally allowed slavery are NOT symbols of racism and slavery?
I get it.
[wink, wink]

Old 12-18-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
So the American flags, from 1776 to 1865, which flew over a nation that legally allowed slavery are NOT symbols of racism and slavery?
I get it.
[wink, wink]
I think the difference is is that those who stood behind the American flag said, "This slavery thing ain't working. Better stop it, because it's a bit inhumane"...."Hey, South Carolina? What? You wanna join us in ending slavery? Kiss our grits!".....that's the difference.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:50 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,301,032 times
Lincoln waged the Civil War to keep American from splitting in half.

How is that a bad thing?

Old 12-19-2012, 12:06 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,440,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Lincoln waged the Civil War to keep American from splitting in half.

How is that a bad thing?
What are your thoughts on Lincoln wanting to deport the freed slaves to Guyana and Belize?

Old 12-19-2012, 12:12 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,241,592 times
Dumb idea, but not my business. I don't live there.

I'm black and don't find it offensive at all. I just laugh at it and keep it moving. If you wanna be a proud loser, that's not my problem.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:16 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,241,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
What are your thoughts on Lincoln wanting to deport the freed slaves to Guyana and Belize?
Why does that matter at this point? I've got nothing against the Emancipator.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why does that matter at this point? I've got nothing against the Emancipator.
It matters, because they believe that if they can get you to see what a meanie President Lincoln was(or at least how they see him)....well, maybe you won't be so tough on the poor, just wanting to keep our sovereignty against the evil northern aggressors Confederacy. It's their apologetics game. And game is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies