Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 12:47 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,934,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I had an exchange with a conservative gay black young guy ( talk about rare) on twitter today. Nice young man he began our exchange very snarky like the homosexuals on here. However I was very consistent about how his behavior is against God and that i would pray for him. I could tell he is conflicted and knows what he is doing is wrong and that he is speaking in the bluster of youth.

I truly empathize with him and others like him. While info believe individuals are born with some inate level of same sex attraction, I believe through prayer and fortitude one can change or at least live a wholesome life with a woman and build a family.

I hope the homosexuals on here will one day realize the error of their ways and humble themselves before God before it is too late. Us Christians are here to help you.
And the Muslims hope you stop being an infidel to Allah and submit to His righteous rule. You and extreme Muslims are same/same. When you are burning in Hell, may Allah have mercy on you.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:48 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
What does today's SCOTUS gay marriage ruling have to do with the fantasies of catholic priests?
I don't know. But reading these conservative holy roller posters on this subject, it really tells you a lot that their immediate first thoughts after hearing that DOMA was overturned tends to alternate between any combination of the following topics:

1) Butt sex

2) Kid sex

3) Animal sex

It's been theorized that social conservatives just aren't quite.... up to par.... intellectually, but they expose any pretension otherwise every time they approach topics such as these. They just can't help expose how G-damn idiotic their thought processes are.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:48 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,292,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Seeing as Sodom was a city, and the sexual deviance was on full display knowingly men on men, women on women, leaving the natural use of themselves, i believe your position is one of selective ignorance.

There was no temple around when Lot was protecting his sons and offering his daughters in place of them, to the Sodomites that surrounded his house.
If the thread is about citing scripture and interpreting Bible stories, doesn’t it belong on the Religion board?

The Bible has no standing in US law. Whatever may or may not have happened in Sodom is irrelevant.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:49 PM

904 posts, read 687,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Oh sure, Sodom and Gomorrah is about sexual deviance.

That's why God rewarded Lot with a chance to escape.... despite the fact that he offered his virgin daughters to be gang-banged by an angry mob --- and god STILL rewarded him.

He then went on to have incest sex with his daughters ... this high moral man that god rewarded as opposed to the deviants in the city!

Goes to show you how much God Hates the un=natural perversions....

Old 06-26-2013, 12:49 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Don't you get it? Thus is the start of the Fed gov eliminating any involvement in marriage. We can kiss the tax breaks and other considerations good bye.
False, but feel free to blame the gays for your troubles.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:50 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Wow, I thought this one was going to die quickly. Guess I should have known better.

You really see some true colors when one reads, don't you. Although I am straight as can be, my true colors will always support the colors of the flag.
Don't forget the Russian flag is also red, white, and blue and many here would prefer that type of totalitarian control over society.

2,991 posts, read 4,286,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm not looking down my imperious nose. I'm saying that if God cares enough to tell the people of the world that he loves and cares for them, and that he has certain expectations, it doesn't seem logical that that same God makes his word so difficult to understand that one needs advanced degrees. Does God want people to misunderstand him? If not, he's all-powerful, right? So he can get rid of those misunderstandings? But instead, you have people re-writing the KJV to fit their political agenda, and people like you who lap it up.
Lap it up? I can't answer for God. The advanced degrees are needed for the purpose of faithful linguistic translation.

More importantly, I am pointing out the inherent dishonesty (which is the foundation of their case) in people who claim that the only teaching about homosexuality in the Bible occurs in the context of tattoos and fabrics. These people bristle when anyone suggests that an interested person read the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, which the spinners find quire unsettling. You have seen the bristling and spinning here, and you have been part of it.

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Goes to show you how much God Hates the un=natural perversions....
That must be why tornadoes tend to hit red states like Oklahoma, so I agree with you 100 percent.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:51 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
Lap it up? I can't answer for God.
then stop acting as if you are his voice.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:52 PM

904 posts, read 687,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post
If the thread is about citing scripture and interpreting Bible stories, doesn’t it belong on the Religion board?

The Bible has no standing in US law. Whatever may or may not have happened in Sodom is irrelevant.
Only if you believe that Congress and the Supreme Court don't offer prayer every morning....
THe US law comes from the Mosaic... "Moses" "Bible" "Law"

Deviants keep changing law to fit their deviant desires, thereby destroying the American family, and eventually... some would say already. THe US as we know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies