Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 01:07 PM

904 posts, read 689,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
A weird mix-up of Roman legal concepts and ancient Germanic customs that far predate Christianity's appearance in Northern Europe. Everybody knows that.
Mosaic law pre-dates Greek and Roman. I never said it was Christian law.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:07 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,614,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
you could try explain why you are happy. is it the heatwave? is it the depression and crippling unemployment and poverty people are living in? what is making you so happy when everything sucks so bad?
Sucks so bad for who? You maybe. I'm gainfully employed, my wife has a great job and Houston will always be hot in the summer.

I am happy because bigotry lost and freedom prevailed! You know, those things that make America America.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:08 PM

47,086 posts, read 26,206,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Actually not true. The Constitution was set up so that a simple majority cannot violate certain rights...but a large majority can change that. Minorities are protected by the amendment process. Probably takes what? 75% or more of the people to actually amend the Constitution.
Yeah, I oversimplified.

24,535 posts, read 33,434,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nobody knows, some only believe they do.
That's my point. The person I replied to made a conclusion with nothing to back it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
I leave the money shot for her face, if that makes you feel any better.

Well one time, I finished on a bible just because it was in a drawer in the hotel room while we were on vacation.
Yeah and if you pull out, she won't get pregnant.....lol

Old 06-26-2013, 01:09 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,782,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Sucks so bad for who? You maybe. I'm gainfully employed, my wife has a great job and Houston will always be hot in the summer.

I am happy because bigotry lost and freedom prevailed! You know, those things that make America America.
again, what on earth are you talking about? emoticons don't really tell a story. they are things used by children.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:10 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,953,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
NAMBLA sues for equal rights.
You're silly.

Or sick.

Probably both.

42,732 posts, read 29,995,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
Lap it up? I can't answer for God. The advanced degrees are needed for the purpose of faithful linguistic translation.

More importantly, I am pointing out the inherent dishonesty (which is the foundation of their case) in people who claim that the only teaching about homosexuality in the Bible occurs in the context of tattoos and fabrics. These people bristle when anyone suggests that an interested person read the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, which the spinners find quire unsettling. You have seen the bristling and spinning here, and you have been part of it.
Why would a faithful linguistic translation be needed? Why can't God the all-powerful express himself to the people?

Whatever you are pointing out, people are pointing out to YOU that those ancient languages didn't have words for homosexuality, because in the context of that period of human history, sex was sex. Plain and simple. Alexander the Great had sex with men. Many soldiers in armies had sex with each other, simply because women weren't available. Our attitudes about sex have changed over time, and Biblical translations have been a vehicle to enforce those changed attitudes. Human beings have taken the word of God and bent it to their own purposes.

So yes, people bristle when you preach to them about sexuality. Whatever I do in the bedroom has no impact on you. No impact at all. So why is it that you feel compelled to tell me what I can and cannot do? I don't tell you what to believe. You can believe that homosexuality is an abomination, and you can avoid participating in any homosexual acts. Those are your choices. I get to choose differently.

And by the way, not everyone arguing with you is a homosexual. There are lots of heterosexuals who think that homosexuals deserve respect and equality. And that's all that the fight for same-sex marriage is, a fight for respect and equality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Despite the fact that Jesus Christ said people with your attitude will not be welcome by him? You do realize you're directly defying Jesus' very own teachings right?
Do tell. How am i defying Jesus the Christ?

Old 06-26-2013, 01:11 PM

68,394 posts, read 54,669,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
That's my point. The person I replied to made a conclusion with nothing to back it up.

My point is you stated "those who engage in a pretend marriage will have to answer for it in the afterlife " as if the existence of an afterlife is fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies