Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 01:28 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,290,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Yeah! WHere do you think the Romans and Greeks learned about law....
wow, you are totally reaching.

Roman Law was based on the The Law of Twelve Tables.

Greeks (seeing as they were never mentioned), but their laws were based on Roman Law, which subsequently influenced GERMANIC Law

If you're talking about Ancient Greek, there are many influences, but nothing from Mosaic law.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:29 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,307,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
And I am sorry that my refusal to share your belief in a certain religion has made you so frazzled that you need to make totally unfounded assertions about my mental state.
I have deliberately not shared my religious belief with you, except to say that I am not an especially religious person.

Rather, I have shown you an account in the Bible that very clearly refutes the notion presented here that the Bible teaches against homosexuality in only a trivial way. This notion is incorrect. Evidently, spinning the Bible incorrectly is in fact important to the homosexual lobby. Otherwise, so many posters would not be responding to me and distorting my contributions.

It's easy enough -- anyone interested in the topic needs to read the account of Sodom and Gomorrah in Genesis for himself or herself.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:31 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,448,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
But what it clearly means, is that no decision was made on the merits, by the Supreme Court. They just punted it back. So now it has to start all over again, with a new lawsuit, this time brought by people who DO have standing.

My understanding this AM about this is that the state has no interest in defending it. . .so it goes back to the decision to overturn it.

I.e. no one is going to take this up from the state, so the finding of unconstitutionality still stands. This seems to set it as precedent for future decisions, though another state could face a challenge/fight this . . .

but I think California prop 8 is dead.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:33 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,633,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
NAMBLA sues for equal rights.

Did you hear that from their member's only newsletter?

4,738 posts, read 4,448,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
What the majority wants the majority does not get. Apparently what the peoples popular will is - is of no consequence.

The Majority of Southerns wanted slavery

The Majority of Germans had no issue arresting and putting away Jews

The Majority does not rule by decree, with the ability to violate rights of others because they see fit We have protections against that. THAT IS WHY we have protections against it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
I wonder if any of you bible thumpers have ever read the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. Please don't make me paste its text here. This entire discussion is irrelevant.
No, it's not irrelevant; rather, the notion that the Bible teaches against homosexuality only in a trivial way is incorrect. This kind of misrepresentation is an old trick, and anyone interested in the topic needs to read the account of Sodom and Gomorrah for himself or herself. I am not saying that you should or should not accept the account, only that you should read it before you believe that the teaching against homosexuality is trivial.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:34 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,279,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
I have deliberately not shared my religious belief with you, except to say that I am not an especially religious person.

Rather, I have shown you an account in the Bible that very clearly refutes the notion presented here that the Bible teaches against homosexuality in only a trivial way. This notion is incorrect. Evidently, spinning the Bible incorrectly is in fact important to the homosexual lobby. Otherwise, so many posters would not be responding to me and distorting my contributions.

It's easy enough -- anyone interested in the topic needs to read the account of Sodom and Gomorrah in Genesis for himself or herself.
The point is that the bible doesn't matter in relation to the laws of this country. If you wish to discuss religion, there is a forum for that.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:35 PM

24,535 posts, read 33,434,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
My point is you stated "those who engage in a pretend marriage will have to answer for it in the afterlife " as if the existence of an afterlife is fact.
If someone can claim there is no afterlife, then I can claim there is.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:35 PM

I hope that you all enjoy the lives you have chosen for yourselves, at least to the extent that you can. Bye now -- HF

Old 06-26-2013, 01:37 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,498,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
No, it's not irrelevant; rather, the notion that the Bible teaches against homosexuality only in a trivial way is incorrect.
To those of us who choose not to believe in it or in any of the hundreds of sects that have sprung up around it, the bible itself is irrelevant. It doesn't matter what Leviticus or Romans says about homosexuality. The entire bible is a work of fiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies