Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 07:14 AM

29,920 posts, read 39,669,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Some common sense needs to come into play and they need to move it up to the same 40 hour standard that requires overtime for the good of the little guy that Democrats pretend to give a damn about.
Look up "shared-work." This was the intention the whole time of the liberal stank-tanks that wrote the bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 07:15 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,476,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
A lot of people on this board ragged on fast food joints for doing this, but the movement has gone way beyond fast food. And most of these actions will never hit the news. Meanwhile, millions of American workers are screwed by ObamaCare and most don't even know it.

Pennsylvania's Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC) is slashing the hours of 400 adjunct instructors, support staff, and part-time instructors to dodge paying for Obamacare.

Surprise: PA College Slashes Instructors' Hours to Avoid Obamacare
This is no surprise. It was completely predictable, and is likely to continue.

8,083 posts, read 9,306,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I'll leave you to talk amongst yourselves, perhaps you can see your way to concluding you hate everything Obama?
Keeping it consistent Bob, running away from reality once again.

13,887 posts, read 13,768,367 times
Quote:
In other news, Breitfart claims a couple more susceptible minds...
I wondered how long it would take low IQs to bash the source.

Three posts.

A record?

Old 11-23-2012, 07:17 AM

26,979 posts, read 16,031,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I wondered how long it would take low IQs to bash the source.

Three posts.

A record?

When you cannot debate the facts attack the source.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:21 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,975,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
When you cannot debate the facts attack the source.
I remember, as a child, I too harbored illogical hate towards the person that dared to hand me such a spanking. My temper tantrums where short lived and I learned to realize, pointless.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:24 AM

19,792 posts, read 14,065,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Bob, your denial about the consequences of Obamacare really shows your limited knowledge of possible cause/effect of major legislation.

A law that places limits on hours worked before a business is forced to spend extra money is bound to have an effect especially in such an anemic economy.

You are only looking at the positives of the law while completely ignoring the problems associated with it.
The "effect" only proves that we should have universal health care for all -- so these creeps can't skirt the intent of the law.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:24 AM

26,979 posts, read 16,031,307 times
Quote:
I remember, as a child, I too harbored illogical hate towards the person that dared to hand me such a spanking. My temper tantrums where short lived and I learned to realize, pointless.

Someone won't debate the subject that many of their fellow Americans will now have to work two jobs or accept 30% less income coming in.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:29 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,377,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
A lot of people on this board ragged on fast food joints for doing this, but the movement has gone way beyond fast food. And most of these actions will never hit the news. Meanwhile, millions of American workers are screwed by ObamaCare and most don't even know it.

Pennsylvania's Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC) is slashing the hours of 400 adjunct instructors, support staff, and part-time instructors to dodge paying for Obamacare.

Surprise: PA College Slashes Instructors' Hours to Avoid Obamacare
The schools decision affects only temporary part-time employees and not permanent part-time employees who already are eligible to participate in the college's health care plan.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:29 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,124,360 times
I think the gaseous odor one detects is the blow back from one's own noxious post. Don't be such a jerk. Show where the information is wrong, or incomplete, if you disagree. Contributing versus a noxious gas. A big difference.
Quote:
In other news, Breitfart claims a couple more susceptible minds...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies