Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 03:31 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,398,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
You can't be that dense. You don't resign because of an affair. That's personal stuff. Petraeus failed to reveal the truth about what happened in Libya because of pressure from the White House...and now he is running away from Obozo, because he WILL tell the truth under oath when he testifies.

Now there are dozens of people in the Obozo administration that are running even more scared now that Petraeus resigned because they know Petraeus will tell the truth about what happened in Libya.
OK, NOW I get it!

According to you...

- The WH caused Benghazi
- Petreaus KNEW the WH caused Benghazi
- Petreaus kept his mouth shut due to pressure from the WH ()
- Petreaus resigned today "to run away from Obozo" ()
- and now he's "free" to testify to the "truth" ()

Well, I guess we're going to find out pretty quick if you're right- all the GOP has to do is swear him in... waiting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 03:31 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,128,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
Still, the timing is something out of a movie.
A really badly written movie, like one of those one's with Rutger Howard, or Chuck Norris.

I a mediocre movie Petraeus the information about the affair would have been used to keep him quiet and he would have resigne for personal or "family reasons."

Old 11-09-2012, 03:33 PM

40,989 posts, read 49,346,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Comments like this happen when you watch Fox News too much.
Or read the Chicago news. Have you caught all the crap going on about Jesse Jr & wife & girlfriend ?

It's Chicago Politics as usual.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:34 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,261,091 times
I never cease to be amazed by how many men destroy their careers over a piece of azz. As my dear old dad use to say and forgive the crude and rude, but "tang is a candy that all tastes the same the only difference is the wrapper." The old man was crude but accurate. if your going to trade always trade up. That was another of his sayings and he was right. The point being if you're going to step out on the woman you married, vowed to honor and to cherish you better make sure it is worth it if you get caught. I see it where I work. A factory is a soap operah of sleezy affairs that seldom end well.
Now the CIA is a sleezy, lie filled enviroment. They work with the scum of the world, them being among the sleeziest. I would hope that the individule sitting on top of such a powerful org would be able to control his hormones. If he can't then maybe he isn't man enough for the job. perhaps the men sitting on top should be required to be chemically castrated while doing the tour. It might save them a little humiliation down the road.
For the record. I am 50 years old dec 28. I have never stepped out on my wife. I am in charge of a 24 person team and many have been women and more than a few have offered companionship. I dont claim to be handsome or a stud. I do claim to have the strength of character to decline said offers. You see I have a wife and she trusts me to keep my word, to honor my commitment. A real man if he finds he cant bear to be with his wife or finds her to be up to his standards will divorce then look for the replacement. You dont cheat.... You dont humiliate her, you don't humiliate your family.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:40 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,944,207 times
i am not sure this is over an affair, or probably most of the government would be stepping down.

petreus steps down, navy seals punished, the plot thickens.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:44 PM

628 posts, read 1,318,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I never cease to be amazed by how many men destroy their careers over a piece of azz. As my dear old dad use to say and forgive the crude and rude, but "tang is a candy that all tastes the same the only difference is the wrapper." The old man was crude but accurate. if your going to trade always trade up. That was another of his sayings and he was right. The point being if you're going to step out on the woman you married, vowed to honor and to cherish you better make sure it is worth it if you get caught. I see it where I work. A factory is a soap operah of sleezy affairs that seldom end well.
Now the CIA is a sleezy, lie filled enviroment. They work with the scum of the world, them being among the sleeziest. I would hope that the individule sitting on top of such a powerful org would be able to control his hormones. If he can't then maybe he isn't man enough for the job. perhaps the men sitting on top should be required to be chemically castrated while doing the tour. It might save them a little humiliation down the road.
For the record. I am 50 years old dec 28. I have never stepped out on my wife. I am in charge of a 24 person team and many have been women and more than a few have offered companionship. I dont claim to be handsome or a stud. I do claim to have the strength of character to decline said offers. You see I have a wife and she trusts me to keep my word, to honor my commitment. A real man if he finds he cant bear to be with his wife or finds her to be up to his standards will divorce then look for the replacement. You dont cheat.... You dont humiliate her, you don't humiliate your family.
Thanks for this post!!

Old 11-09-2012, 03:46 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,488,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
He will not be testifying next week or any week. It has already been announced. I want him to testify. I want him to take responsibility for benghazi. It was a CIA operation and he was in charge.
He will testify if the investigation committee want him to testfy...because they can subpoena him if necessary - it just won't be next week. I fully expect him to testify about what he knows at some later time [than next week].

Old 11-09-2012, 03:49 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,755,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That does not make any sense either, he resigned so the affair would not come out, by coming out and stating that the affair was why he resigned?
He resigned to get ahead of the inevitable fall-out.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:50 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,128,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
He will testify if the investigation committee want him to testfy...because they can subpoena him if necessary - it just won't be next week. I fully expect him to testify about what he knows at some later time [than next week].
With the election over I predict that Bengazi won't be much of a priority for the Republicans.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:56 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,655,769 times
It's always sex related and it's always during something big......

DSK...was going to change the way the IMF gives out loans - gone
Petraeus...investigation into the Benghazi "incident" - gone
Spitzer...was going after the wall street banksters - gone

Petraeus has had a few tangles with the current administration and has been reassigned.
I thought he ran a good war myself.

You don't mess with TPTB. You don't rock the boat. You keep your mouth shut and tow the line.
You don't ..."SEX SCANDAL" and you disappear out of the spotlight.

This pattern is almost as good as all those dead nuclear and biological scientists working for governments and committing suicide over the years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies