Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 03:08 PM

25,834 posts, read 20,771,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
You can't be that dense. You don't resign because of an affair. That's personal stuff. Petraeus failed to reveal the truth about what happened in Libya because of pressure from the White House...and now he is running away from Obozo, because he WILL tell the truth under oath when he testifies.

Now there are dozens of people in the Obozo administration that are running even more scared now that Petraeus resigned because they know Petraeus will tell the truth about what happened in Libya.
Actually yeah, in some positions people do, particularly those in the military and/or other positions involving security clearances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 03:08 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,980,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
If the House were serious about Benghazi, they would still compel him to testify. He is still a military officer bound by the UCMJ. It sounds to me like they will let this issue die and let Petraeus take the fall. It's a shame too because he's a damned good man and a real leader. I've proudly worked with him and wouldn't hesitate to work with him again in the future.
Breaking news...Apparently, there was going to be a release in a major newspaper in a few days detailing the affair. He did the right thing by resigning before the report was released. \\

David Petraeus in shock resignation from CIA after admitting affair - Telegraph

Old 11-09-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
could be. Do you know for sure he is telling the truth? No you don't. Nobody just comes out and admits something when nobody is asking. He was either forced out or wanted out and this gives him an excuse.
Who would admit to an affair who wasn't having one?

Seriously?

Old 11-09-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
So then those hoping that Petraeus will reveal the TRUTH about Libya are expecting a liar to tell the truth then, eh? Yep sounds crazy!!!
I'm sure it makes perfect sense in their alternate universe.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:13 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,980,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Who would admit to an affair who wasn't having one?

Seriously?
As I said in post 129, the affair was going to be released in a national paper within a week. That is probably why he chose to resign before it came out.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
As I said in post 129, the affair was going to be released in a national paper within a week. That is probably why he chose to resign before it came out.
Of course. The simplest explanation is often the actual real explanation

Old 11-09-2012, 03:24 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,777,883 times
Petraeus showed extremely poor judgement by engaging in an affair while CIA director. Such a thing could be used to compromise him in a way that would affect national security. He threw away his legacy for a little fun between the sheets.

Still, the timing is something out of a movie.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:27 PM

38,558 posts, read 22,429,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
No, he isn't. They're announcing he will NOT be at the hearings.
The congress and the senate have their own separate hearings, so you are saying he is not going to attend either one?

Old 11-09-2012, 03:28 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,150,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I might also point out that adultery is under certain circumstances can be a prosecutable offense or at the very least career ending especially for an officer. The fact that Patreaus is no longer an active duty member of the U.S. Military I think that the same sense of honor has guided his decision. I hasten to add that this is no time for the Director of Central Intelligence to be distracted by what certainly would become a full blown media circus. So instead of these manufactured and totally insane scenarios, I think that it would be more appropriate to acknowledge Patraeus' service and give him credit for taking responsibility for his lack of judgement.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:29 PM

38,558 posts, read 22,429,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Of course. The simplest explanation is often the actual real explanation
That does not make any sense either, he resigned so the affair would not come out, by coming out and stating that the affair was why he resigned?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies