Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 06:51 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,701,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Petraeus is getting off easy..look what they put DSK through and that included jail time.
OK, I'm drawing a blank. Who is DSK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 06:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,636,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
OK, I'm drawing a blank. Who is DSK?
Dominique Strauss Kahn, former head of the IMF.
Remember that little incident with the maid and accused sexual assault and jail time ?
More important though is what changes he was about to make regarding IMF loans to countries.
That ended when he was ousted.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:38 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,487,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little-acorn View Post
what's next? A president getting a blow job in the oval office while talking on the phone to a foreign head of state?

Naah, never happen.
That was clear!

Old 11-09-2012, 07:40 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,242,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
One thing that doesn't make sense to me about Gen. Petraeus' announcement today is, why did he feel the need to cite this affiar he had had, as the reason for his leaving? If he simply felt bad about it, he could have made this move any time in the last six months or a year, or however long the affair has been going on. But nobody ever heard a word about any such affair, until suddenly, three days after Obama wins re-election... and a week before Petraeus is to testify to Congress about Benghazi.

Immediately after a successful re-election, is a normal transition time for cabinet and other high officials in an administration. Lots of them leave, usually citing "We have had good success and now I want to spend more time with my family". Why didn't Petraeus simply say that... especially with an affair nobody has ever heard about?
I think Petraeus was honorable enough to refuse to coordinate his story and lie under oath to protect Obama. I think it was threatened this story would break if he didn't.

Petraeus may or may not have had an affair. Regardless, this is what he was threatened with.

It seems to me he took the high road by resigning and not having to testify; by announcing the supposed affair himself, he removed any future threats of blackmail.

The timing of his resignation, along with the WH quickly saying he won't testify now, doesn't make any other sense to me.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:52 PM

734 posts, read 934,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
When the Benghazi attack happened he was informed but still went to a private screening of Argo. The State Dept and White House don't like how he handled Bengahzi.
As if the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) didn't lay out the grand plan for the State Dept., White House and Petraeus to follow.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:09 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,957,734 times
Holy S*&t....Take a look at Petraeus' wife: http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/up...2507671305.jpg

With a wife that ugly, I can't blame the man for going "All In" Paula Broadwell.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:11 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,621,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Holy S*&t....Take a look at Petraeus' wife: http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/up...2507671305.jpg

With a wife that ugly, I can't blame the man for going "All In" Paula Broadwell.
You must make your mother very proud.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:28 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,701,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post

She's not ugly. She's a sweet looking grandmotherly type.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:03 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,048,883 times
The general may be leaving to lead a coup to throw this communists CIC out of office.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:22 PM

29,226 posts, read 22,449,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You may be right but no one leaves leaves the CIA over an affair. There has to be more behind his resignation, we shall see what develops.
Oh, yes they do. Sexual hanky panky is the oldest spy tactic in the world.

You are probably too young to remember the Christine Keeler affair. She was a young British prostitute who slept with the British Minister of Defense and a top Russian intelligence officer at the same time, and the affair brought down the British government in 1962. The Prime Minister was forced to resign.

Here in the U.S., another spy was caught after she had gotten secrets from a Marine who worked in some top security operation in the late 80's. There was also another spy case in the FBI I can't remember much about but was similar.

It happens, but the public doesn't learn about it most of the time. Massive secrets on all sides have been stolen by spies having sex, or by spies using others who are having sex, with someone they shouldn't.

THe CIA keeps these things quiet, but when the boss is outed by his wife, what else can he do? Petraeus had the choice of either creating another scandal that could cripple the agency or resign and come out with an open admission. By admitting to it, he took any possible fallout off the agency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies