Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 09:41 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times

Advertisements

This may be the last chance for a Republican to be President. With the change in demographics and hispanics and black voters overwhelmingly voting democrat this may be the last chance for Republicans to win the job. Republicans are going to have to change into something that resembles an Eisenhower Republican or go the way of the dinosaur. The grumpy old white men are losing power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 09:46 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
as the dumbing down of America continues.....

Old 09-25-2012, 09:47 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
Dream on, Lefties! We heard the same thing in 1960, and in 1976, and in 1996 . The Democrat "strategists" can't seem to grasp that as soon as people recognie that they have something to lose, your "share the wealth" idiocy doesn't sound so promising.

You will never build a successful coaltition so lng as you use failure, indolence and petty resentment as the central feature. It's time to grow up and leave your colllection of riffraff on the ourside looking in, which is where they belong in the first place.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:50 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
This may be the last chance for a Republican to be President. With the change in demographics and hispanics and black voters overwhelmingly voting democrat this may be the last chance for Republicans to win the job. Republicans are going to have to change into something that resembles an Eisenhower Republican or go the way of the dinosaur. The grumpy old white men are losing power.
Lol, wait, didn't you people predict this in 2008 when Obama won? Didn't Time put something on their front cover declaring the GOP dead, yet 2 years later it saw a huge resurgence? Please the only threat to the GOP are a right-wing third party, not the Democrats.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Dream on, Lefties! We heard the same thing in 1960, and in 1976, and in 1996 . The Democrat "strategists" can't seem to grasp that as sooon as people recognie that they have someting to lose, your "share the wealth" idiocy doesn't sound so promising.
I am not pointing to some ideology. I am just saying historically black people and Hispanic voters vote democrat. As they grow as a percentage of the U.S. population a modern day Republican will not have a snow balls chance in hell of getting elected.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:51 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
If this is the "last chance," then it's a sad day for our country, and, in particular, for the GOP. But even if there is a long string of Presidents elected from amongst the Democratic Party there is the U.S. Congress to contend with and local politics plays a greater role and the balance of power will be distributed appropriately. From the onset of this year's Presidential campaigning I didn't think the GOP had a chance to beat this President. And expecially not once Willard Romney was identified as the prevailing candidate. I longed for a Santorum/Obama campaign season where the nation would have clear choices in direction we could take. Romney lacks the courage of whatever convictions he might have. And most people I see, read and hear don't seem to believe he has strong convictions ... on any topic. I agree that demographic changes in the different regions of our country will continue to favor the Democratic Party candidates.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Lol, wait, didn't you people predict this in 2008 when Obama won? Didn't Time put something on their front cover declaring the GOP dead, yet 2 years later it saw a huge resurgence? Please the only threat to the GOP are a right-wing third party, not the Democrats.
Was there a presidential election in 2010? I think you are confused. There will still be GOP candidates getting elected , but in a national election I don't think they are going to have a chance.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:55 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Considering that most people lose more to the usuers charging 30% than to the government I think we Dems will do OK.

The Repugnants problem is the generation that grew up accepting racism as proper are starting to die off. Even in the 50's and 60's we were tought that racism was stupid and wrong. Later generations have not accepted it at all. As racism and religious bigotry are, aside from protecting hyper wealth, the core of the Repugnants platform this well may be their last chance. I certainly hope so.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:02 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I am not pointing to some ideology. I am just saying historically black people and Hispanic voters vote democrat. As they grow as a percentage of the U.S. population a modern day Republican will not have a snow balls chance in hell of getting elected.
I'm not talking about blacks, Hispanics, gays, immigrants or anybody else --- only about the twits who sit in front of the tube indulging their weaknesses and wondering why the poliitcal schlockmeisters can't make more of the wrold revolve around them.

They are going to face an increasing amount of economic hardship as the economy continues to globalize, and all Obama and the Democrats can offer them is the lie that it's not thier own fault and that there's a pile of stolen wealth (somewhere) to pay for thier fantasies.

Fortunately for all of us, the number of people who don't buy into the Lefties' snake oil keeps things honest and somehow, for most of us, the system works and advances, however painfully.

From 1932 through 1968, the Democrats peddled the same class-struggle lie to white ethnics, who proceeded to desert their coalition in droves after 1980.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 09-25-2012 at 10:11 AM..

Old 09-25-2012, 10:03 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,354,775 times
as a committied liberal, I believe that a return to an "Eisenhower" G.O.P. would be the very best thing that could happen to our nation, at least so long as we maintain a 2 party political system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies