Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 09:36 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times

Advertisements

i personally would not, as i've repeatedly stated i like no politicians.

i know its the president, the most recognizable person in the world, but i still do not think i would go and see him if he was nearby.

this doesnt even have to relate to obama. any president i dont think i would go out and see.

i just bring this up because obama will be about 40 minutes from me on monday. if i wanted i could go down there and see him live in person. many people would consider being in the same general area as the president a once in a lifetime type thing, which is why i bring this up.

in 08 mccain was literally 5 minutes from me and i could care less, didnt even think twice about him coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 09:39 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post

i know its the president, the most recognizable person in the world, but i still do not think i would go and see him if he was nearby.

this doesnt even have to relate to obama. any president i dont think i would go out and see.

i just bring this up because obama will be about 40 minutes from me on monday. if i wanted i could go down there and see him live in person. many people would consider being in the same general area as the president a once in a lifetime type thing, which is why i bring this up.

in 08 mccain was literally 5 minutes from me and i could care less, didnt even think twice about him coming.
I would totally go to see the president, no matter what party he is. He's the president, and I think seeing one of the most powerful people in the world is a priviledge. Not many other countries would get that chance with their leaders. Bush and Obama made several trips to Michigan but I always missed them for one reason or another. Obama was in my neck of the woods two days ago, but had meetings at work that day and couldn't make it up in time. Grr...

Old 08-12-2011, 09:50 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
I would consider it a once in a lifetime experience to meet a president---no matter what party he/she was from. I met President Ford face-to-face on several occasions and thought the time was well spent. I was also very close to where Obama was on Monday but I don't do crowds anymore or I might have considered going. I also think a parent should expose their kids to at least one political rally when they're 12-14 years old, try to spare an interest in government in them at an early age.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:51 PM

485 posts, read 1,454,994 times
Interestingly enough I have shaken hands with 2 presidents, LBJ and Clinton, when they visited Johnson Space Center when I worked there. I actually have a picture taken with Clinton. I also saw Reagan at a distance when he visited after the Challenger accident.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:52 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I would totally go to see the president, no matter what party he is. He's the president, and I think seeing one of the most powerful people in the world is a priviledge. Not many other countries would get that chance with their leaders. Bush and Obama made several trips to Michigan but I always missed them for one reason or another. Obama was in my neck of the woods two days ago, but had meetings at work that day and couldn't make it up in time. Grr...
They have a special way to put their pants on?
Bend steel in their bare hands?
Walk on water?
CR@P in Living color?

I'll pass!

Old 08-12-2011, 09:53 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:

i would rather stay far away from a politician,, bs can rub off you know

Old 08-12-2011, 09:58 PM

253 posts, read 201,775 times
I would be extremely excited if I could meet a president. Even Bush, who I did not like, I would love to meet & get a picture with. Of course since I'm a democrat, I would be more excited for Clinton & especially Obama.
I think the president of the U.S. is a huge thing & I would be honored for a moment of their time.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:59 PM

1,019 posts, read 589,784 times
Quote:

Of course, I like to check up on my employees.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:00 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
It's cool meeting a president. I met Reagan twice, once as president and once with Gorbachev, and Clinton once. It's fun.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:00 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies