Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2012, 03:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,548,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I remember those days.
I remember when the smog was so bad in NYC that people were confined to their homes for days.

No thank you.

Seems kind of silly that a court had to rule that the EPA should be allowed to do its job, but, this is just the kind of crazy world we live in now.
That is not what the court ruled. The court ruled that the EPA could regulate these 5 gases as greenhouse gases. This is NEW for the EPA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 03:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
We do know the amount of CO2 that has been in the atmosphere for at least the last 400,000 years based on ice cores and more recently, direct measurements, not computer models. The amount that is in the atmosphere today is at least 100ppm more than it has been at any time in the last 400,000 years. That can only be explained by CO2 emissions from human sources.
So when do you plan on doing your part to stop exhaling CO2?

Old 06-27-2012, 03:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Tell me oh wise co2 hater what is the optimum amount of co2 that should be in the atmosphere? Also what is the optimum temperature of the earth that all you global warmers have deemed we should be at to allow us all to survive in the utopia you so desire?
These people should be celebrating the increase in CO2, because it'll allows green plants to thrive.. I have to wonder why they want all of the trees to die?

Old 06-27-2012, 03:20 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,026,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So when do you plan on doing your part to stop exhaling CO2?

Good point if these lefties would all off themselves that should cut down on a lot of man made contributions.

I signed up on some kook site a couple years ago for a billion free carbon credits. Folks would volunteer to not take showers or use lights and the like to make up for my carbon footprint. I got the certificate to prove it so I'm doing my part.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:21 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,026,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
These people should be celebrating the increase in CO2, because it'll allows green plants to thrive.. I have to wonder why they want all of the trees to die?
Probably so they can blame Bush. lol

Old 06-27-2012, 03:22 PM

749 posts, read 839,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The Federal Circuit Court for the District of Columbia has rule unanimously that the EPA has the right to regulate greenhouse gasses and the way they're doing it is perfectly correct. In this ruling, they rejected a challenge brought by several industries, interests groups and a lot of the states.

Petitioners, various states and industry groups, challenge all these rules, arguing that they are based on improper constructions of the CAA (Clean Air Act) and are otherwise arbitrary and capricious. But for the reasons set forth below, we conclude: 1) the Endangerment Finding and Tailpipe Rule are neither arbitrary nor capricious; 2) EPA’s interpretation of the governing CAA provisions is unambiguously correct; and 3) no petitioner has standing to challenge the Timing and Tailoring Rules. We thus dismiss for lack of jurisdiction all petitions for review of the Timing and Tailoring Rules, and deny the remainder of the petitions.

http://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/opinions.nsf/52AC9DC9471D374685257A290052ACF6/$file/09-1322-1380690.pdf
The EPA couldn't even regulate ****house gasses. A complete joke of an agency.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:12 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,938,718 times
Quote:
Yeah yeah, it's all a guvment comspiracy.
A CAFR isn't a government conspiracy. It is a govt financial document. They are all over the web.

That is your response? How original and so mature.

You don't care who the controlling shareholder of a company is? Financial interest are irrelevant to you?
You would rather bury your head and go around touting the the same govt EPA "saving us all from evil C02" out of the goodness of their heart?

Old 06-27-2012, 04:15 PM

I can only imagine the regulations that will come from this.
Between cow farts and make believe gasoline we are in for one wild ride

Old 06-27-2012, 06:04 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,216,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
The EPA couldn't even regulate ****house gasses. A complete joke of an agency.
Yeah, that would explain why they managed to regulate the clean up of over 3 million contaminated petroleum underground storage tank sites nationwide in ten years - because they are a complete joke of an agency.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that would explain why they managed to regulate the clean up of over 3 million contaminated petroleum underground storage tank sites nationwide in ten years - because they are a complete joke of an agency.
Do you keep track of their superfund sites ?

NPL Home | National Priorities List (NPL) | US EPA
http://turbulence.org/Works/superfund/sites.php

I don't say we don't need them but now they are getting into the realm of political climate change.
I don't want to see carbon credits created and bought/sold here in the US because that would do NOTHING except line pockets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies