Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 04:30 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,188,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Huh? Nothing in this ruling means anything about the size of government, nor it is a left/right issue.

And, the Clean Air Act has been around since 1963.
Correct, but let the "left" own it. Big deal, so the left wing will be known as the people that supported clean air. This is something new or to be ashamed of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 04:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,271,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Correct, but let the "left" own it. Big deal, so the left wing will be known as the people that supported clean air. This is something new or to be ashamed of?
yeah, lets just babble hate and not include one bit of fact because we all know the GOP wants to just poison the earth until little babies choke and die.

ooh wait, thats democrats.
https://act.credoaction.com/campaign...x2.html?r=7545

Old 06-26-2012, 05:21 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,982,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Clean air?

If the "left" supported this, then the "left" are idiots who think that the exhale of a human being is dirty and should be regulated. I don't think many people know the "lefts" agenda. If they did... the "left" would be rotting as they hung from trees. Eventually they will, but the question is if the "left" will have those who disagree hanging from trees before they hang them.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:32 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,215,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Clean air?

If the "left" supported this, then the "left" are idiots who think that the exhale of a human being is dirty and should be regulated. I don't think many people know the "lefts" agenda. If they did... the "left" would be rotting as they hung from trees. Eventually they will, but the question is if the "left" will have those who disagree hanging from trees before they hang them.
If what we exhale is harmless you should test your theory. Place a plastic bag over your head tighten it around your neck and breath deeply for about ten minutes.... Let us know how that works put for you.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:39 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,579,560 times
I'm curious about something.

How many of y'all who think the EPA is the devil incarnate are old enough to remember the days before there was an EPA or environmental regulations?

I remember it well and can tell you that you would NOT want to go back to those days. Well...not unless you just WANT your kids and grandkids swimming in polluted waters, drinking heavy metals from the industrial complex down the street or breathing air which was literally brown and smelled like rotten fruit.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:00 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,215,714 times
Quote:

How many of y'all who think the EPA is the devil incarnate are old enough to remember the days before there was an EPA or environmental regulations?

I remember it well and can tell you that you would NOT want to go back to those days. Well...not unless you just WANT your kids and grandkids swimming in polluted waters, drinking heavy metals from the industrial complex down the street or breathing air which was literally brown and smelled like rotten fruit.
I grew up in an area where black soot floated down onto everything from the coal fired power plant a few miles to the west. I also drank water that tasted like plastic (pvc) because of a BFGoodrich plant's discharge pipes less than a mile from the water treatment plant's intake pipes. I remember a lake (Lake Erie) that was dead and a river that burned more than once. I also remember the hideously deformed fish they would catch in the black river in lorain.

Last edited by buzzards27; 06-26-2012 at 06:18 PM..

Old 06-26-2012, 06:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,699,776 times
I think the EPA will be doing what the Copenhagen talks failed to do.
Remember Obama went there hoping to sign the treaty and all the hoopla that arose about how that was Congress' job ?

Old 06-26-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
If what we exhale is harmless you should test your theory. Place a plastic bag over your head tighten it around your neck and breath deeply for about ten minutes.... Let us know how that works put for you.
Being harmful to humans isnt the same as being harmful for the environment. Or dont you know that trees use what we exhale?

What do you suggest, we kill off all humans so we no longer exhale? You start..

Old 06-26-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:

A lot of cities cleaned up their air, well before the EPA's existance. Pittsburgh is one such area..

Old 06-26-2012, 06:33 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,488,609 times
These days, we don't need the EPA. We as Americans are smart enough to regulate ourselves and our industries. Big factories don't want to be publicized as gross polluters. They know that there are to many people now that can hurt their business if they fail to maintain industry standards. For the lefties, its a false sense of environment control. Wasted money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies