Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 01:16 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,373,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Man. You let me know when any of my peeps threatens anyone's life. That'll be interesting.
New Black Panther party places $10K bounty on George Zimmerman

I just let you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You are quite right, I heard that Martin was going go in the first round of the NFL draft after he got finished competing in the Olympics.

As for Zimmerman being middle-aged. God help me because if 28 is middle-aged, at 60 I am practically Methuselah!

Perhaps you should explain your clarity to the state's attorney.

Well, if they have been arrested I would suspect that it is a bit early to know what their punishment would be if they are convicted of the charges. But if or when they are arrested, charged, and tried their punishment should be whatever specific charge calls for.

Anything else?
The charges?

Quote:
Hayes was charged with attempted robbery, aggravated battery and a hate crime, all felonies. His teenage comrade was referred to juvenile court.

Suspect claims he attacked white teen because he was angry over Trayvon case, police say | Fox News

Old 05-18-2012, 01:23 PM

835 posts, read 1,044,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
since when does protecting your life label one as a killer? that's like saying rape victims who shoot their attackers are considered killers. what i see here is someone trying to justify their arrogance towards what has already been proven them to be wrong.

getting out of a car does not make one an aggressor.

and yes, there is clearly enough proof of wrong doing. another druggy was attacking an innocent carry concealed victim and got owned.

You can't compare this to a rape victim shooting their attacker. Usually, when you hear about rape cases a woman doesn't follow her soon to be attacker asking to get raped.

Quote:
The public should not be judging Zimmerman prematurely. They should not be trying to be the judge and jury in this matter. Just let the legal system run its course and stop harassing those involved for immediate conviction.
He killed a teenager. He should be going on trial.
[/quote]

He killed a black teenager. He should be going on trial.

There you go. FIFY. Of course if my correction were not valid you would not care about this case one little bit and you would certainly not be commenting here.

5,064 posts, read 5,755,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You are correct that Zimmerman is a killer. It is yet to be determined by a court of law if he is a murderer....which you didn't call him.

If I were in Zimmermans shoes, I would apologize to the family because it's still a tragedy and Zimmerman clearly made some mistakes in judgement....obviously getting out of his car being the biggie.

The big question is that enough to warrant a murder conviction? I don't know, it's not clear cut and evidence is still coming out.

I do feel there is clearly enough proof for wrongful death.

It's a shame that so many of you latched onto an opinion so quickly about the case and then dug in regardless of additional information that came out. Zimmerman has clear legal cases against several news networks (ala Richard Jewel) at this point and if found guilty it may be them who wind up paying Zimmerman the money he will wind up owing Trayvons family.

This has been an incredibly disheartening affair to me.
-The news media sucked.
-White racists popped up from under their rocks.
-Black racists popped up from under their rocks.
-People piled on for political reasons, grandstanding and whatnot.
I'm not sure Trayvon's family will win a civil suit against Zimmerman anymore. They knowingly provided an old picture and false information through their attorney. The attorney has continued to make false statements on their behalf. The false information has led to threats against Zimmerman and his family, and they had to go into hiding.
If anything, I think Zimmerman might have a civil suit against them, although I would sincerely hope he wouldn't sue them since they lost their son.

If you want to see some of the lies, you just need to Google info about the "girlfriend."

Old 05-18-2012, 01:27 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,553,367 times
Quote:
He didn't kill Trayvon? Then who did?
No no you dont get it. They know he killed Trayvon but Trayvon was black so therefore he shouldnt be charged is how they feel. Its an old practice.
Treatment of slaves in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-18-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Until he is convicted, he didn't.... did he plead guilty?
The case is not about if he killed Trayvon or not. It's about why he did it and if it was a good reason.

He killed Trayvon, he doesn't need to be found guilty to prove that. He needs to go to court to find out if his reason was good enough.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:28 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,553,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Until he is convicted, he didn't.... did he plead guilty?

Obviously, your racial biases preclude you from seeing facts and truth

You know how the legal system in the US works right?
Yes we dothat is the point.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
The teen in this case may have been as guilty as the shooter. One can easily assume from the story presented that Martin under suspension from his school was high on the night of the shooting. Martin, a trained athlete, had the option to run and could have easily outrun a middle-aged man. Instead Martin choose to confront the neighborhood watch person who was suspicious of a stranger walking through his community with his head covered with a hoodie and wearing sun glasses. An argument started and quickly escalated as Martin slammed Zimmerman to the ground pounding his head into the concrete. With no other choice and believing his life was in danger Zimmerman shot in self defense killing his attacker.

It is clear that Martin was the attacker and Zimmerman was only defending himself.

Incidently the Black Panthers issued a $10k reward on Zimmerman's head. Spike Jones posted a wrong address for Zimmerman resulting in the harassment and threats causing grievous harm to an elderly couple unrelated to Zimmerman or the events. There has also been several attacks on innocent white people by gangs of blacks.

What was their punishment? Or do you close you eyes because they are black?

"There has also been several attacks on innocent white people by gangs of blacks.
"

There has been innocent attacks on blacks by a gang of whites. double standards don't exist.

"Martin, a trained athlete, had the option to run and could have easily outrun a middle-aged man."

Not all athletes run fast. How do you know how fast Trayvon could run? How do you know Zimmerman was in no condition to catch him? He doesn't look too out of shape. Also, Zimmerman is not middle aged. He is around 28.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:39 PM

9,169 posts, read 5,847,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
"Martin, a trained athlete, had the option to run and could have easily outrun a middle-aged man."

Not all athletes run fast. How do you know how fast Trayvon could run? How do you know Zimmerman was in no condition to catch him? He doesn't look too out of shape. Also, Zimmerman is not middle aged. He is around 28.

We know that Zimmerman was on the phone with the 911
operator for 1 1/2 minutes, after he lost sight of Martin.
Pretty good head start, dontcha think?
He couldda crawled to the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies