Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 10:54 PM

475 posts, read 509,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
So your only defense to my post is a poll from some random webpage? Oh, ok. I didn't think you had a valid response....

Are you really that stupid ? what i posted isnt a poll. Its supposed to be funny and sarcastic at the same time. But i forgot you are too conservative to even realize that.

29,094 posts, read 26,057,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
LOL. So in the states where same-sex marriage is legal, the human species is in danger of going extinct?
No - but do you disagree that only male and female couples are capable of naturally producing offspring? The question was what grounds besides religion do people oppose homosexual marriage. There are atheists who disapprove - and their moral judgment is based on this biological fact concerning procreation.

15,706 posts, read 11,798,810 times
Quote:
LOL. So in the states where same-sex marriage is legal, the human species is in danger of going extinct?
Clearly Canada, the Netherlands, UK, South Africa, Spain, etc. will being dying off quite soon I imagine.

Of course, I'm not sure how a legal document actually keeps humanity from dying off but...

Does denying gays marriage licenses mean they are no longer gay and will start popping out babies through heterosexual sex?

Harrier clearly hasn't thought this through.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:55 PM

23,772 posts, read 18,882,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
You may have "won" tonight (although it seems odd to be gloating about winning an election that ensures that a minority will be deprived of a fundamental civil right), but 50 years from now, people will look back on you and people like you the way we look back on segregationists today.
Gay "Marriage" is not a civil right. I repeat: GAY "MARRIAGE" IS NOT A CIVIL RIGHT. How dare anyone compare this baloney to the oppression faced by blacks and others in our nation's short history! Shame on you.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No - but do you disagree that only male and female couples are capable of naturally producing offspring? The question was what grounds besides religion do people oppose homosexual marriage. There are atheists who disapprove - and their moral judgment is based on this biological fact concerning procreation.
You do realize marriage didn't exist when humanity started populating the Earth right? What does a legal document have to do with survival of the human species? The gay population isn't going to decrease by banning marriage.

Marriage licenses are not part of the Theory of Evolution.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Basic biology, procreation processes, and the survival of the human species.
So, according to you straight couples only get marry to procreate ? should we kill those who dont have kids. Honey, leave your bible in the house and get out to see the real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Gay "Marriage" is not a civil right. I repeat: GAY "MARRIAGE" IS NOT A CIVIL RIGHT. How dare anyone compare this baloney to the oppression faced by blacks and others in our nation's short history! Shame on you.
Marriage is a civil right. Gays are being denied solely on the basis of sex. Quit with your stupid racial outrage. It's a very comparable legal analogy.

29,094 posts, read 26,057,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Might want to educate yourself more on biology and evolution.

Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study - Telegraph

Homosexual behaviour is a nearly universal phenomenon in the animal kingdom, according to a new study.

In the latest study the authors claim the phenomenon is not only widespread but part of a necessary biological adaptation for the survival of the species.

You seem to think the entire human population popping out babies like rabbits would actually promote the survival of humanity. It wouldn't.
90% of humanity lives in poverty.
Evolution is a flawed theory - but that is a topic for another thread - one that I believe is currently active.

I will read your link concerning the animal kingdom and homosexual behavior - however I answered the question for the person who wanted to know if there were non-religious grounds for HM(homosexual marriage) opposition. I gave one - and even if your link has validity behind its premises - it does not nullify the existance of nonreligious objections to HM

Old 05-08-2012, 11:00 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,673,439 times
Quote:
This is like being in school again.

45,577 total votes in Orange County
9,597 voted for the amendment
35,980 voted against it

9,597 / 45,577 = 0.210566733 (21%)

NC - Election Results
My computer is being difficult tonight and I had to leave city-data to check on this. I had not noticed Orange County. I try to stay away from Orange County. LOL You take your life in your own hands and drive through as quickly as possible and hope you make it without having someone crash into you. There was only one other area that had a lot more against than for. Most of the college counties were just a little more than half against. College students like to be politically correct. They will grow up some day and learn right from wrong. I still don't agree with you that these are the most educated counties. North Carolina has a lot of smart people living out in the country. As a matter of fact it is my opinion that if you are smart, you will choose to live in the country away from the crime, noise, etc. of the cities. Country air is much cleaner.

But if you want to say a more educated person would choose to not agree with God's way of describing a family. More power to you. I like our way of doing things in North Carolina. Cities are necessary sometimes, but I only go into the city when I have to or sometimes just to look around. We went into Matthews today and my husband said, "Did I used to drive in this every day?" I said to that, "It is a wonder we survived all this." Then we drove back to sweet Union County and enjoyed the fresh air and sunshine.

You might want to check out Union County and see how we voted.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Not every straight couple get marry to procreate. So you lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies