Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 10:47 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,405,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Are black democrat churches spared from your rod?
I would lose respect for "black democrat churches" that openly advocate against marriage equality.

You have this strange habit of painting everything as some sort of partisan jab. I point out that two nearby southern states recently approved same sex marriage bans by margins of just about 80-20, and that this election today showed a 20 point "improvement" against those votes, and you attempt to dismiss it by saying, "But North Carolina voted for a Democrat in the 2008 presidential election!" As though that means that North Carolina somehow has nothing to do with South Carolina or Tennessee.

I find it somewhat sad that you don't seem to be able to see what many people in this thread consider one of the gravest civil rights issues of our generation as anything more than some partisan wedge issue that you can use to divide people.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:47 PM

700 posts, read 638,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Elaborate, please - so i don't have to guess and possibly misrepresent your position.
What reason, other than on religious grounds, would you have to oppose gay marriage?

Old 05-08-2012, 10:48 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,482,181 times
Quote:
Elaborate, please - so i don't have to guess and possibly misrepresent your position.
I've read your posts...you'd still misrepresent it.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:49 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,044,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
What reason, other than on religious grounds, would you have to oppose gay marriage?
Basic biology, procreation processes, and the survival of the human species.

Also fundamental truths about neccesary elements for the healthy development of a child.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:50 PM

700 posts, read 638,935 times
Quote:
Sorry barren women, you can't marry Do you realize that homosexuality has existed throughout human existence? Homosexuality exist, with or without your suppression of the rights of gays. You can either afford them the same liberties you and I enjoy or deny them those rights, but homosexuality is outside the realm of your control.

Last edited by 5trillion; 05-08-2012 at 10:58 PM..

Old 05-08-2012, 10:51 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,361,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
Yawn. I guess this was a bait and switch sort of argument on your part to try and make it seem like I don't believe infertile people should marry at all. Ridicuous. If two infertile people of the opposite sex want to marry one another, I see no problem at all. However, I do not think we should support the unions of siblings, which is not only socially unacceptable but highly likely to result in the production of retarded offspring. Most heterosexual couples have no idea whether their children will be handicapped or not. With sibling produced offsprings, the chances are extremely high. The gays don't like their unions being compared to that of animals, so please don't bring that into the debate...

Dwarfism isn't the same as mental retardation. Dwarfs can live productive lives and many have as much of an ability to function as someone of a normal height. Also two parents who a dwarves can frequently produce normal sized children.

Sorry that your bait and switch argument failed....

So people who get divorced don't respect marriage? What a load of bull and an insult to millions. People don't get marriage with the intent to divorce. Why go through the trouble?
Bait and switch. Funny, YOU were the one that brought up the brother and sister angle, not me. Now you're having trouble backing up your claims so you're backpedaling.

Okay, I'll give you dwarfism and instead give you sickle cell anemia. Or how about cystic fibrosis? Tay-Sachs good enough for you?

Again, the chances aren't "extremely high". They're only high if both parents have recessive traits. It's impossible to map the human genome completely, but two fairly genetically healthy siblings could reproduce w/o issue, whereas two non-related people w/ known recessive traits for a disease like sickle cell would produce a sick child. Related parents doesn't automatically equal sick child anymore than unrelated parents automatically equals healthy child.

So after much prodding, you basically are okay w/ two siblings who love each other getting married. So you're okay w/ incest so long as the siblings aren't gay?

People getting divorced don't respect the institution of marriage as often expounded upon by the religious zealots. The Catholic Church doesn't allow divorce for that reason. Again, you better get religion in your life fast so you can better understand the side you've aligned yourself with.

26,680 posts, read 28,703,970 times
Quote:
LOL. So in the states where same-sex marriage is legal, the human species is in danger of going extinct?

29,094 posts, read 26,044,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I've read your posts...you'd still misrepresent it.
Your disagreement with my general worldview does not mean much in the context of my request.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:52 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,792,970 times
Quote:
Might want to educate yourself more on biology and evolution.

Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study - Telegraph

Homosexual behaviour is a nearly universal phenomenon in the animal kingdom, according to a new study.

In the latest study the authors claim the phenomenon is not only widespread but part of a necessary biological adaptation for the survival of the species.

You seem to think the entire human population popping out babies like rabbits would actually promote the survival of humanity. It wouldn't.
90% of humanity lives in poverty.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:52 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,155,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
I would lose respect for "black democrat churches" that openly advocate against marriage equality.

You have this strange habit of painting everything as some sort of partisan jab. I point out that two nearby southern states recently approved same sex marriage bans by margins of just about 80-20, and that this election today showed a 20 point "improvement" against those votes, and you attempt to dismiss it by saying, "But North Carolina voted for a Democrat in the 2008 presidential election!" As though that means that North Carolina somehow has nothing to do with South Carolina or Tennessee.

I find it somewhat sad that you don't seem to be able to see what many people in this thread consider one of the gravest civil rights issues of our generation as anything more than some partisan wedge issue that you can use to divide people.
Comparing North Carolina to South Carolina and Tennessee is your fallacy. Even your numbers prove such. I pointed out to you that NC is s swing state, and it's numbers tonight reflect a swing state. Using your numbers, it shows that both SC and TN are very conservative states, unlike NC, which is center right. NC's numbers reflect that....because it's swing state. As I said to you earlier, opposing ideologies is rooted in NC's culture and it's history.

Regarding your last paragraph.....How many minorities are we going to manufacture in this nation? Where will we draw the line?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies