Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2012, 04:31 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times

Advertisements

'' fear for his life" - that's the key phrase that a lawyer will tell you to use if you want to get your husband out of the house- abusive or not. I guess Zimmerman wanted to use the defense fund for pizza and maybe settle for a real cheap lawyer....I can see why this twit is in trouble.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:23 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Do you have a link to support your claim that they threatened him? Or that he gave a warning shot?

I don't see anything in that transcript of the 9-1-1 call in the link I provided to indicate that Horn felt threatened in any way or that he gave them a chance to surrender to him.

And I've listened to the actual 9-1-1 call and Horn comes across like a bloodthirsty and trigger happy old coot who really was just itching to kill somebody.
No, he sounds like someone defending his property and life, and if more people did this, criminals would find another way to make a living!

Old 06-04-2012, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Thanks for posting the recording of the 9-1-1 call; it is chilling.

I don't know how anyone could listen to that tape, and hear the excitement in Horn's voice about the prospect of killing someone, and not think it was anything but coldblooded murder.
Why, because the perps were black?

Old 06-04-2012, 05:37 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
No, he sounds like someone defending his property and life, and if more people did this, criminals would find another way to make a living!
He was "defending" his neighbor's property and his life was never threatened.

Studies show that the rate of violent crime has decreased over the past 20 years to the level it was in 1963. However, the public does not seem "get" this apparently.

"The data point to a persistent perception gap among Americans. Despite strong evidence of crime dropping over recent decades, the public sees the reverse. "Recent Gallup polls have found that citizens overwhelmingly feel crime is going up even though it is not," says Professor Fox."

US crime rate at lowest point in decades. Why America is safer now. - CSMonitor.com

Old 06-04-2012, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
He was "defending" his neighbor's property and his life was never threatened.

Studies show that the rate of violent crime has decreased over the past 20 years to the level it was in 1963. However, the public does not seem "get" this apparently.

"The data point to a persistent perception gap among Americans. Despite strong evidence of crime dropping over recent decades, the public sees the reverse. "Recent Gallup polls have found that citizens overwhelmingly feel crime is going up even though it is not," says Professor Fox."

US crime rate at lowest point in decades. Why America is safer now. - CSMonitor.com
The perps approached him after burglarizing his neighbors house, with crowbar in hand, to me that was enough of a threat to shoot them.

Quote:
The Joe Horn shooting controversy refers to the events of November 14, 2007, in Pasadena, Texas, United States, when local resident Joe Horn shot and killed two men burglarizing his neighbor's home. Publicized recordings of Horn's exchange with emergency dispatch indicate that he was asked repeatedly not to interfere with the burglary because the police would soon be on hand.[1] The shootings have resulted in debate regarding self-defense, Castle Doctrine laws, and Texas laws relating to use of deadly force to prevent or stop property crimes. The illegal alien status of the burglars has been highlighted because of the U.S. border controversy.[2] On June 30, 2008, Joe Horn was cleared by a grand jury in the Pasadena shootings.

Joe Horn shooting controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-04-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
The perps approached him after burglarizing his neighbors house, with crowbar in hand, to me that was enough of a threat to shoot them.

Joe Horn shooting controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A crowbar versus a gun. Let's see. Which weapon would I prefer in that situation? That's a hard one. If I had a gun, would I feel that my life was threatened by someone at a distance with a crowbar? Of course I would because everybody knows that a crowbar is much faster than a bullet.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
A crowbar versus a gun. Let's see. Which weapon would I prefer in that situation? That's a hard one. If I had a gun, would I feel that my life was threatened by someone at a distance with a crowbar? Of course I would because everybody knows that a crowbar is much faster than a bullet.
They were scumbags, so what is the big deal anyway, Joe did us all a favor.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:06 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
That's absurd. I thought he was a fool from the start for
getting himself into that situation. My opinions have not changed.

BTW, there are very few "Zimmerman supporters," while there
are quite a few people who believe he is not guilty of murder two.
Very few? Then who are all these yahoos who've given Zimmerman more than 200 grand?

Old 06-04-2012, 07:13 AM

812 posts, read 594,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Very few? Then who are all these yahoos who've given Zimmerman more than 200 grand?
Not just yahoos, safaris ,bings, ang google heads gave as well

Old 06-04-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Not just yahoos, safaris ,bings, ang google heads gave as well
Could you repeat that in English, please? what are "safaris" and "bings"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies