Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2012, 03:00 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,351,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
IMO, that is really, really weak evidence of fear for his life without his testimony. G's injuries look minor. Of course there most likely will be medical experts for both sides on that question. I didn't see the 2 to 4 inches distance in the ME report, but, of course the ME will testify for sure; no doubt about that. Even if George does not testify, those audio and video recording will likely come in through police testimony. The jury will see and hear them, IMO, and note the contradictions and inconsistencies. I just don't think that the physical evidence of Z's injuries, etc., will stand up very well against all the police reports, etc. I'd guess there are concealed firearms class instructors on both sides of this question regarding Z's actions, so if one side puts on an "expert" in training, the other side will too. So if what you suggest as the defense's evidence is all they have, then O'Mara would have to make a spectacular closing argument to try to win the case. And of course the State makes closing arguments too.

I'm not convinced that George "ain't that stupid." George certainly seems arrogant in his stupidity and appears convinced that if he can just "talk" to people he can talk his way out of things.
All you stated and add the fact that the so called "life threatening injuries...er go the SYG action of shooting Trayvon.....didn't even require a hospital visit....Seems lame. I think George confronted a teen cause it made him feel like a big man. I think he confronted and bullied Trayvon at the very least. We know that George never once identified himself as a neighborhood watch volunteer...ludicrous....Considering Trayvon was the "neighbor" because Trayvon lived there.......George was the only one out of his area, and didn't know where he was. He was armed, dangerous and pissed off, listening to the 911 tapes. " They ----always get away"...This "one" wasn't getting away. I just don't buy George's story in any way, shape of form. He is lucky I'm not on the jury.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:00 PM

812 posts, read 597,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
All you stated and add the fact that the so called "life threatening injuries...er go the SYG action of shooting Trayvon.....didn't even require a hospital visit....Seems lame. I think George confronted a teen cause it made him feel like a big man. I think he confronted and bullied Trayvon at the very least. We know that George never once identified himself as a neighborhood watch volunteer...ludicrous....Considering Trayvon was the "neighbor" because Trayvon lived there.......George was the only one out of his area, and didn't know where he was. He was armed, dangerous and pissed off, listening to the 911 tapes. " They ----always get away"...This "one" wasn't getting away. I just don't buy George's story in any way, shape of form. He is lucky I'm not on the jury.
If the forum chief censor says it -well it must be so! Did you happen to sit on OJs jury? Yes any innocent man would be lucky you are not on the jury. Pre conceived emotional hype does not belong in this discourse. Zimmerman deserves a fair trial not a lynch mob. The lanterns and pitchforks still circle the castle. If he "confronted and bullied" Trayvon, how do you imagine that happened? where did you learn Trayvon lived there? I have read only that he was visiting. I was wondering with all the commotion that must have went on around the death how is it the father never noticed all the sirens etc. that no one in that household knew Trayvon wasn't the one shot in the back yard? Maybe I missed the explanation for that.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:35 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,351,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
If the forum chief censor says it -well it must be so! Did you happen to sit on OJs jury? Yes any innocent man would be lucky you are not on the jury. Pre conceived emotional hype does not belong in this discourse. Zimmerman deserves a fair trial not a lynch mob. The lanterns and pitchforks still circle the castle. If he "confronted and bullied" Trayvon, how do you imagine that happened? where did you learn Trayvon lived there? I have read only that he was visiting. I was wondering with all the commotion that must have went on around the death how is it the father never noticed all the sirens etc. that no one in that household knew Trayvon wasn't the one shot in the back yard? Maybe I missed the explanation for that.
You can say whatever.... You have a right to your opinion, just as I do.... it doesn't change what Zimmerman did, or why he did it. I find it quite telling that the folks supporting Zimmerman's shooting an unarmed teen are just as belligerent and knee jerk reactionaries as he. The courts will decide. Heaven help us all if they issue open season on teens in hoodies.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:49 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,196,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Pre conceived emotional hype does not belong in this discourse. Zimmerman deserves a fair trial not a lynch mob.
Since the subject has been reported and debated to death I think that it is more than presumptive that folks entering the conversation are basing their opinions or pre-conceived emotions but their read of the facts as they have been presented.

Having said that, I doubt that even 1% of the people weighing in here would constitute members of a potential jury pool Zimmerman, or any other defendant, I see no reason why the public should feel any restraint from voicing their opinion one way or another (all though unsurprisingly those who like to refer to Mr. Martin as a hoodie wearing thug don't seem to ever be chastised for in certain circles from voicing their "preconceptions.")

Quote:
The lanterns and pitchforks still circle the castle.
Actually, this is an anonymous internet forum where the lanterns, pitchforks and the castle itself only amounts to series of electronically transmitted zeros and ones, hardly the stuff of a lynching.

Quote:
I was wondering with all the commotion that must have went on around the death how is it the father never noticed all the sirens etc. that no one in that household knew Trayvon wasn't the one shot in the back yard? Maybe I missed the explanation for that.
And a bit of logic and common sense to boot.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:11 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,980,947 times
He was, TG. I looked for the message to which you were responding, and couldn't find it. The guy suffered from a psychosis that causes people's bodies to superheat, thus causing them to shed their clothes (thus the reason he was naked). He had become increasingly violent, thinking everyone was against him.

He snapped. Marijuana does not cause someone to eat someone else's face and growl at the cops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
If lab tests had found twinkies in his system, would that be the cause of the face chewing? How about maybe the guy is just a violent nutcase?

Old 07-01-2012, 05:37 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,377,051 times
I don't this guys injuries are going to matter... the issue is he was the aggressor and then used excessive force. I know he has to mount a defense, but I have no compassion whatsoever for someone who killed a kid cause he felt like it.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:26 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,196,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
but I have no compassion whatsoever for someone who killed a kid cause he felt like it.
Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that Zimmerman's desire was to kill anyone, but I too have absolutely no compassion for anyone carrying a deadly weapon and needlessly putting themselves in a position where deadly force is use and ESPECIALLY when there was no no probable cause that a criminal act was taking place, much less a criminal act that would justify the use of deadly force. Of course this is compounded by the fact that not only was there no criminal conduct taking place that could be in any way construed as posing a imminent threat of serious injury or death, but the use of deadly force was used on an unarmed individual who had every right to in the place that they were at the time of being confronted by an armed individual.

Owning and carrying a firearm is a grave responsibility and must carry with it equally grave consequences if used irresponsibly and with grave indifference.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:41 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,019,340 times
Quote:
You can say whatever.... You have a right to your opinion, just as I do.... it doesn't change what Zimmerman did, or why he did it. I find it quite telling that the folks supporting Zimmerman's shooting an unarmed teen are just as belligerent and knee jerk reactionaries as he. The courts will decide. Heaven help us all if they issue open season on teens in hoodies.
What's funny and sad at the same time is that, had the Chief Investigator written in his report that Zimmerman showed life threatening injuries and that Martin obviously was the aggressor, they'd all be cheering him on, but he said just the opposite, so the lead investigator in the case must be wrong.

[url=http://www.kansascity.com/2012/06/26/3677633/sanford-detective-trayvon-martin.html]Sanford detective: Trayvon Martin never used deadly force[/url]

Serino said the relative sizes of the two fighters, coupled with the fact that neither had specialized training in hand-to-hand combat, meant Zimmerman was not at any 'exceptional disadvantage."

"Zimmerman, by his statements made to the call taker and recorded for review and his statements made to investigators following the shooting death of Martin, make it clear that he had already reached a faulty conclusion as to Martin's purpose for being in the neighborhood."

"His actions are inconsistent with those of a person who has stated he was in fear of another subject," Serino wrote.

"Zimmerman said his nose was broken and he probably needed stitches for his head injuries, but that the wounds had already begun to heal so he did not get sutures. His hands showed no scrapes, although his head had bruising."

"Zimmerman said his wife, Shellie, attended to his injuries."

Old 07-01-2012, 06:58 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,964,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, if he had used deadly force Zimmerman would be dead. Under the SYG law you do not have to be dead before you respond with deadly force.

Once again, check out the link helenejen submitted see in how few cases the person acquitted or had no charges or charges dropped was never even injured.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:07 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,727,827 times
Quote:
So you're saying the evidence would mean nothing to you? That's the problem with 99.99% of the babblers on this thread. They don't have a clue what happened and have convicted someone without the slightest bit of evidence other than the imaginery bits floating around in their heads. Without hearing a single bit of testimony under oath, their little minds are made up.

You would convict based on the nonsense you've read here and dragged around from blogs!

That's rich!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies