Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 08:41 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,521,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
[snip]If he is lucky he will get jail time, if not he better be looking for another country to call home.
I don't think he'll survive in jail with all those other inmates with violent histories like pushing a cop's arms and dv restraining orders. His biggest mistake was not heading to Peru or somewhere else when he had the chance.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:42 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,258,520 times
I think a lot of you making comments here need to watch this video then go look in a mirror to see who he is talking about because most of you are the people he is talking about!!!!!

Double Standard: Black Men Named Trayvon Get Killed all the Time, But The Left Doesn't Care - YouTube

Old 05-09-2012, 08:50 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,999,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't think he'll survive in jail with all those other inmates with violent histories like pushing a cop's arms and dv restraining orders. His biggest mistake was not heading to Peru or somewhere else when he had the chance.
He can still hop on a dingy and head to Cuba.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:00 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,930,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
What I find somewhat amusing and at the same time sad, is that the same people on here that would proclaim Zimmerman guilty only on the evidence handed to them (and altered) by the MSM would be the same people that would be screaming bloody murder if they were in his shoes. I don't know if Zimmerman is guilty or innocent, but I do still believe in our courts, and as such, I will wait and watch the trial before I make my own personal judgement.
How do you know that about any of these posters, myself included?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
It didn't have anything to do with SYG. Zimmerman was not on public street; he was in a gated private community as a homeowner and an agent of HOA (being the neighborhood watch captain). It is similar to he standing in his front yard while Martin was on his property.
Oh, no, no, no, no! Most of the GZ supporters, when confronted with the evidence that their guy was violating NW policies left and right, then say he wasn't acting in the capacity of NW. In actuality, they're right. IIRC, he was on his way to Target (with his gun), when he saw Trayvon. Nor was Georgie boy a homeowner; he was a renter.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:15 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,418,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
It didn't have anything to do with SYG. Zimmerman was not on public street; he was in a gated private community as a homeowner and an agent of HOA (being the neighborhood watch captain). It is similar to he standing in his front yard while Martin was on his property.
Are you saying this is not a SYG case? So, in your opinion, Zimmerman does not have a right to an immunity hearing?

Old 05-09-2012, 09:39 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,341,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Oh, no, no, no, no! Most of the GZ supporters, when confronted with the evidence that their guy was violating NW policies left and right, then say he wasn't acting in the capacity of NW. In actuality, they're right. IIRC, he was on his way to Target (with his gun), when he saw Trayvon. Nor was Georgie boy a homeowner; he was a renter.

You are a very bad person for pointing out the obvious!
And if you keep telling the truth, we will have to let you go

Old 05-09-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I think a lot of you making comments here need to watch this video then go look in a mirror to see who he is talking about because most of you are the people he is talking about!!!!!

Double Standard: Black Men Named Trayvon Get Killed all the Time, But The Left Doesn't Care - YouTube

Yes, but all of them are arrested and charged and not covered up by the police either.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:51 AM

39,892 posts, read 26,574,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Honestly, what difference does it make? Zimmerman had as much legal right to be walking on that path as Martin did. Martin had no right to assault Zimmerman. Once he attacked and potentially tried to kill Z, George had every right to try to defend himself, NW or not. Had Martin simply walked into his house and closed the door, instead of attacking someone, punching him in the face and pounding his head into the ground/concrete, he would still be alive. Bad decisions sometimes have unfortunate consequences.

Hopefully this will make neighborhood watches wake up to the danger they are putting their volunteers in by dictating that they are defenseless while "on duty".

Old 05-09-2012, 10:18 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,930,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Honestly, what difference does it make? Zimmerman had as much legal right to be walking on that path as Martin did. Martin had no right to assault Zimmerman. Once he attacked and potentially tried to kill Z, George had every right to try to defend himself, NW or not. Had Martin simply walked into his house and closed the door, instead of attacking someone, punching him in the face and pounding his head into the ground/concrete, he would still be alive. Bad decisions sometimes have unfortunate consequences.

Hopefully this will make neighborhood watches wake up to the danger they are putting their volunteers in by dictating that they are defenseless while "on duty".
I agree that Zimmerman had the right to be where he was. But a lot of people on this forum want to hype his status, and say that he was the NW "Captain" (which was self-appointed), and that he was "on duty" or "on patrol" as the NW person, which he was not. He had no more right to detain or question Trayvon than you or I would.

There is no evidence that Martin threw the first punch, or banged GZ's head into the concrete.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

Why are you assuming that Trayvon attacked him? Is it because zimmerman got his butt kicked? Or perhaps because he had superfical wounds that really could have been made to appear worst AFTER he got home? But mainly it is because zimmerman is alive to tell you what he SAYS happened and not Trayvon

You missed the point, zimmerman was not acting in the manner of a NHW person, what he did was against all of their policies for that position
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies