Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 08:42 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,698,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
If he had supposely seen this as he was being beaten, why did'nt he help or call the police? Sounds fishy to me
So glad you could drop in.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. he DID call the police.

Thanks for playing.

This is the never ending thread.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:04 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,344,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay1 View Post
Hunt someone down??? All in your head.
"Florida 2011 Florida Statutes CHAPTER 776 JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE[23] 776.012 Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if: (1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony.(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another to prevent the commission of a forcible felony"
.......Bashing someones head into the ground is enough justification before he split GZ's head open and walked over his dead body.

In other words, if you carried a gun, someone was bashing your head to the ground, you felt your life in danger,you would send him butterfly kisses???????
I guess that it never occur to you that zimmerman could have thrown the first punch. Just because someone who loses a fight does not mean that they did not start it

Old 05-08-2012, 09:05 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,523,742 times
Quote:
What I never understood is why the SYG law would work for zimmerman who had a gun and not for Trayvon who was fighting for his life?
I agree, you never will understand. The syg law can't work for a dead person. If tm had killed gz in a fight for his life, maybe syg could work for him.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
So glad you could drop in.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. he DID call the police.

Thanks for playing.

This is the never ending thread.
My mistake, I must have gotten him mixed up with one of the other countless "witnesses" that claimed that they seen what happened. But I will stand by what I said regarding helping zimmerman who he knew, from getting his butt kicked by a teenager

Old 05-08-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I agree, you never will understand. The syg law can't work for a dead person. If tm had killed gz in a fight for his life, maybe syg could work for him.
Maybe thats why zimmerman shot him in a vital area in the first place and not in the leg or arm

Old 05-08-2012, 11:19 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,200,687 times
Arraignment today at 1:30, formal reading of charges, GZ and O'Mara not required to attend.

Zimmerman motion to continue because defendant needs additional time to prepare and waives right to speedy trial...Motion to Continue PDF Waiver of a Speedy Trial PDF

Old 05-08-2012, 01:26 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,969,888 times
Quote:
What I never understood is why the SYG law would work for zimmerman who had a gun and not for Trayvon who was fighting for his life?
I haven't posted on this thread for a few days, so I need to catch up. It is moving too fast for me!

I totally agree with you, and that might be why the prosecution wants to challenge the law. I haven't read that his attorney is using the SYG defense. I think self defense is different. (not sure, comments welcome!)

IMHO, one big problem with the law is, if nobody is around to witness a shooting, the only defense is the credibility of the defendant's testimony.

Waiving your right to a speedy trial is not uncommon. It will be beneficial to the defense. Time also allows people to forget and local tension to settle down. The political atmosphere is too hot now and too many people are focusing on this case. In a year, a lot of people will be saying "George who?"

Old 05-08-2012, 01:46 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,969,888 times
Quote:
I guess that it never occur to you that zimmerman could have thrown the first punch. Just because someone who loses a fight does not mean that they did not start it
That would also mean every victim is also guilty of assault, which is what makes this defense so unreasonable. In other words, if I were Zimmerman's focus that evening and, as I was walking to my home, I noticed a stranger following me in the dark, would he be found innocent of shooting me just because I defended myself from bodily harm?

Did O'Mara ask the investigator at the bond hearing if he knew who threw the first punch or who started the altercation? To me, there is a difference. In other words, if Zimmerman did not immediately return to his car and confronted Martin, why would it matter if Martin punched him, especially if he was screaming at him? Zimmerman is not a police officer and has no authority. I already posted many statements from Neighborhood Watch Groups and Police Dept web sites. All of them, without exception, say that a suspicious person should never be followed. All of them, without exception, state that only the police have authority and that vigilantism is strongly discouraged. I still don't know why Martin was "suspicious" looking, except that he was young & Black and some prior burglaries were committed by young, Black males. Some were also committed by young, White males. In fact, I should be paranoid right now because one of my neighbors reminds me a little of Jeffrey Dahmer.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:47 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,479,250 times
Exclamation George Zimmerman Pleads Not-Guilty

Quote:
George Zimmerman has officially pled "not guilty" to a charge of 2nd Degree murder after shooting and killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in a Florida suburb back in February.

George's attorney entered the plea during his arraignment today in Seminole County. The 28-year-old was not present in court.

A pretrial date has been set for August 8th.

George Zimmerman Pleads 'Not Guilty' | TMZ.com

Old 05-08-2012, 01:53 PM

18,495 posts, read 33,006,082 times
Quote:
If you are a hunter and you are tracking a bear and the bear gets the best of you, how is it the bear's fault that you got your azz handed to you?
That is a good example. Especially if you are hunting outside hunting season, the bear getting the better of you does not negate the fact that you were wrong to be hunting the bear in the first place

Quote:
another good point.

and another that would preclude the hunter from the SYG defense.

He can't go throw punches and when things get hot shoot the kid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies