Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 12:36 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,491,186 times

Advertisements

Hot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 12:37 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,276,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
This whole thread is based on a rant that appeared in The Blaze. Shouldn't that have told everyone everything they needed to know?
Yes. LOL

(That's why I didn't even bother opening the link.)

Old 04-18-2012, 12:38 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,787,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The ironic thing is that the morality moms and the owner of Urban Outfitters both hate the gays. The owner donated money to the Santorum senate campaign and was a major contributor to the Prop 8 anti-gay marriage campaign in CA. It is funny to watch the homophobes begin eating their own kind.
Oh phew. Glad I still have a reason to hate UO.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:16 PM

168 posts, read 143,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Amazing. I see more wrong with the kiddie beauty pageants than two women (or men) kissing in a print ad.

People, please get your priorities straight.
What happened? Back in 2003 or 04, I took my little sister to pagents. She wore dresses. Now they seem to be swim-suits only?

Old 04-18-2012, 01:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,508,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
One Million Moms Slams Urban Outfitters for Lesbian Ad in April Catalogue | Video | TheBlaze.com

But they aren't trying to shove acceptance down our throats.

One Million Moms is right on this, but I don't think they were right about be outraged because JCP made Ellen their spokes person. That's way over board. But this is just not okay.
Harmless.

[shrug]

Old 04-18-2012, 01:20 PM

749 posts, read 948,425 times
Nice pic.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:27 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,275,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
One Million Moms Slams Urban Outfitters for Lesbian Ad in April Catalogue | Video | TheBlaze.com

But they aren't trying to shove acceptance down our throats.

One Million Moms is right on this, but I don't think they were right about be outraged because JCP made Ellen their spokes person. That's way over board. But this is just not okay.
Problem: Offended by ad by Urban Outfitters.
Solution: Don't buy anything from Urban Outfitters
Problem Solved.

Simple market strategy. It's called capitalism . I thought conservatives liked capitalism. Sorry pal, you can't have it both ways. Grow up already.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:30 PM

16,740 posts, read 15,755,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
There is no hate in my heart. It really bugs me when people who make money through media...will stick anything in your face to hopefully make a profit..This ad...is generated by common greed....worst of all---It is NOT gays or lesbians who push this stuff...It is shrewd business types...From what I have seen..lesbians and gays don't like to have their "community" used.

Men who get a kick out of two woman getting it on...usually have some weakness in sexual drive...and need the unusual bit of kink to bring up their interest...It's just a cheap shot...not to be concerned about...Just like the Ellen fans..who mistakenly view her as some strong woman that does not need a man...and is very successful............Mean while Ellen behaves like a sexist power mongering male...Here very attractive girl friends are all straight..who go with her for the money and status...so ironic...a lesbian who behaves like a rich guy who buys his woman.
There may be no hate, but your post makes it seem like there is some prejudice in there somewhere.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:41 PM

994 posts, read 726,414 times
Conservative complains about an exploitive picture and it's "don't shop there if you don't like it, otherwise quit complaining"

But when Rush Limbaugh insulted a liberal activist, they were up in arms over it. Was it "don't like it, don't listen to him" then? Nope. It was posts by the dozen condemning him and his hatred of women.

What hypocrites.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:43 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,057,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
That's disgusting and trashy. Usual homo agenda trying to push their ways down our throats. What is it with people's obsessions of two women making out?
Wait, there's a different version of this pic with two women making out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
But when Rush Limbaugh insulted a liberal activist, they were up in arms over it. Was it "don't like it, don't listen to him" then?
That's how this liberal responded to that controversy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies