Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:27 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,529,830 times

Advertisements

Nationality is not related to race in any way. Yes we have gone off the deep end as a country with all these race card throwing idiots around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 11:27 AM

679 posts, read 664,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Exactly. Where the other kids chanting viva la mehico during the game? I'm thinking so. Probably going back and forth and when one side loses the cries come out. No reason to just break out the USA chant after the game. But somebody got their feelings hurt, somebody lost, and that can't happen in liberal la la land.
Now you are making assumptions you don't even know are true. Talk about twisting the story around to fit your viewpoint.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:28 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,685,915 times
Funny how the media gets only half the story. The game was between Edison (Predominetely Hispanic School) and Alamo Heights (Predominetely White School)) Before the game even began the Edison Fans (just a few teenagers) were chanting " Alamo Whites, Alamo Whites". When Alamo Heights won the game, their fans chanted USA USA ( I guess as a comeback) My brother was there as he is a scorer for the district. We were both surprised this is even a news story....just the media machine hyping up nothing.

61,254 posts, read 87,919,544 times
the card has been over played. it will soon go the way of the slinky.

12,755 posts, read 9,725,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Implying that another team full of American minorities is not from the USA seems racist to me.
I agree.

Reading the title of this thread, I assumed that an American team was playing a foreign team, and were chastised for shouting USA. That, indeed, would not be right.

However, both teams have American players, so what was the point of shouting USA?

As if the other team were not Americans...

Sorry, Chief, I was ALMOST with you there.

HOWEVER, I have read many news articles about American kids of Mexican descent calling themselves Mexican and pledging allegience to Mexico. If this group of players have been strutting around calling themselves Mexican (the border crossed them, LOL) and putting Americans down, then they deserved what they got!!!!

Last edited by Fox Terrier; 03-07-2012 at 11:42 AM..

Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,234,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Funny how the media gets only half the story. The game was between Edison (Predominetely Hispanic School) and Alamo Heights (Predominetely White School)) Before the game even began the Edison Fans were chanting " Alamo Whites, Alamo Whites". When Alamo Heights won the game, their fans chanted USA USA ( I guess as a comeback) My brother was there as he is a scorer for the district. We were both surprised this is even a news story....just the media machine hyping up nothing.
Do you have proof?

29,407 posts, read 22,130,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Do you have proof? If you can show us proof I'll agree with you that it wasn't bigotry, untill then you have no case.
No I don't have proof all I have is the tape where they were chanting something and the other team had already left the court. I do have common sense though and that tells me that it was probably going back and forth betwix the student sections. YOu ever been to a hi skool game? I doubt it. According to a previous post this has been going back and forth in these districts. Only the winners get punished in lib la la land though.

4,887 posts, read 5,059,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThrillIsGone View Post
Is it racist when latin americans wave thier flag on parades? Or wear shirts with their colors?
Didn't some kids suspended last year when they wore t-shirts with the U.S. Flag?

Old 03-07-2012, 11:30 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,234,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
No I don't have proof .
So you have nothing.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:30 AM

679 posts, read 664,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Funny how the media gets only half the story. The game was between Edison (Predominetely Hispanic School) and Alamo Heights (Predominetely White School)) Before the game even began the Edison Fans (just a few) were chanting " Alamo Whites, Alamo Whites". When Alamo Heights won the game, their fans chanted USA USA ( I guess as a comeback) My brother was there as he is a scorer for the district. We were both surprised this is even a news story....just the media machine hyping up nothing.
So there was racism on both sides and both are morons.

Good to know, lets move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies