Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 05:48 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,608,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
I'm back and I wanted to thank several posters who were concerned about my daughters horrible car accident she was in a few days ago after a drunk leaving happy hour accidently ran her off the road into a telephone pole. She lost her left leg below her knee and is in a coma so we are praying hard. Docs said only time will tell for now and told me to come home and find something to do to take my mind off it and they are right. I appreciate your concerns again. Now with that said, today at 1pm Mountain Time or 3pm Eastern Time, Sheriff Joe Arpaio will release his findings into his 6 month investigation into Obama's eligibility, the first of it's kind by actual law enforcement. It will be a press conference with all the major MSM there and you can see it live by going to this link here:

The event begins at 3:00 pm EST/1:00 pm MTN time and can be watched here:
Article II Super PAC | Home Page

or here:
WND TV to live-stream Arpaio eligibility report

Steve so sorry to hear about your daughter. Our prayers are with you.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:53 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,171,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
my guess would be to try and gain sympathy while simultaneously making anyone that argued with him today look like a heartless b*stard.
WOW! The guy has never backed down from a debate on his pet issue in recent history -and you think he has to make up a story to throw water on the flames? If he doesn't want to argue all he has to do is leave the forum. Anyone who would seriously think the story is false has a very twisted sense of human motives. The only heartless b*astards here are people who would attempt to destroy a mans reputation with a vicious attack such as HD's.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:04 PM

26,576 posts, read 14,586,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Anyone who would seriously think the story is false has a very twisted sense of human motives.
it's a very bizarre thing to take the time to post that you're going to check on your daughter who's been in a car accident ( i'd be out the door in nothing flat ). it's even more bizarre to start a thread on a topic that already has threads announcing that your daughter has lost her leg and is in a coma.

i'd like to give the guy the benefit of doubt but so far i can find no report of an accident in aurora/denver from the past week that fits mcgarrett's description.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:51 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,985,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
The other thing I find interesting is that he is posting on here when his daughter is in a coma after having a leg amputated. As a minister I have dealt with emergencies and Steve would be the first person I have ever met who would leave his daughter's bedside to tune-in to a hearing of which he has no direct connection. Sorry daughter in coma is WAY more important than Sheriff blowhards conference.
The SteveMcGarretters are out in force tonight

Old 03-01-2012, 07:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,452,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If.
I think that the birthers are gaining on you people and yes, I feel that if is a proper word there. If (again) we find out after he is gone that he wasn't really qualified what happens then? Oh yeah, we just junk the whole thing since he has pretty well destroyed it anyway and all progs want it thrown out anyway.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:55 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,661,192 times
This thread is like The Twilight Zone...

Twilight Zone Original Theme Music Intro - 1962 - YouTube

Old 03-01-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Why does the right believe we are so fragile a thing? We are the oldest constitutional republic on the face of the planet, for cripe's sake. We survived a civil war.

Wow. Just wow.

Ah yes but back then we didn't have an old progressive woman on the Supreme Court who tells people that our Constitution is too old and not so good anymore. The one she used to compare it with isn't so hot IMO.

We have that old woman and two others who think like she does and if Obama appoints another one this one will cease to exist soon after that.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This thread is like The Twilight Zone...

Twilight Zone Original Theme Music Intro - 1962 - YouTube
That is the first music I have heard here. Wha ????

Old 03-01-2012, 07:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,174,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Most of what Steve posts, he makes up.

As to motive, I do not pretend to have a very good insight into what makes any Birther do anything.
Like what?

His posts are filled with links and articles.....yours...not so much.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,174,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
The story makes a good point. How can anyone authenticate an online copy of a BC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies