Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 04:34 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,447,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
he just said he was going to denver to see her in the hospital.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/23214266-post152.html
There are a lot of states with the city named Denver. Even Pennsylvania.

Could we please keep this thread on topic.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:37 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,501,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You are?

Joe Willie Namath is from Beaver Falls!

(Which you probably already knew. )
Yep, and yep! *With apologies to NEOhioBound.*

Sorry, NE, I think we are all concerned about this girl. When he posted that she had been in an accident in Aurora, my heart went into my mouth b/c my own daughter lives there. Fortunately, she was not involved in that accident.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:41 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,607,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Okay... I've been loathe to mention this, but I must.

Denver is not a big town. We pretend we are because we're the State Capitol and all... but really, we're not. We are smaller than Nashville, or El Paso, or Charlotte, North Carolina. As a result, our local news media is very fastidious about covering injury accidents, especially when caused by a drunk driver. Here's an example of the kind of story that gets in our local papers regularly:

Now... here's the problem. Steve McGarrett posts to The Fogbow from an IP address registered to New Castle, Pennsylvania... not anywhere near Denver. And several people have been searching all day for any record of an injury car crash in Aurora, CO on Monday.

Nothing.

Steve said this morning that the driver is still being held until his blood alcohol returns to normal. That was 66 hours after Steve first announced that he had gotten a call about his daughter's accident. But even the worst drunk takes less than 35 hours for blood alcohol to return to normal.

I would love nothing more than to be wrong, because I genuinely think its horrific and unconscionable that somebody would make up a story about his daughter being involved in a horrible accident and becoming an amputee. But frankly... I think we're being played.
The other thing I find interesting is that he is posting on here when his daughter is in a coma after having a leg amputated. As a minister I have dealt with emergencies and Steve would be the first person I have ever met who would leave his daughter's bedside to tune-in to a hearing of which he has no direct connection. Sorry daughter in coma is WAY more important than Sheriff blowhards conference.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:41 PM

2,891 posts, read 7,182,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
I don't recall Steve mentioning his daughter was in Aurora CO. Aurora WV is 180 miles south of New Castle PA. Furthermore, that area is very rural. New Castle could be his ISP's POP, but he may be anywhere nearby in PA, OH, or WV.

I do believe he has suffered a great loss, and I'd rather protect his and his family's privacy by not investigating further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
There are a lot of states with the city named Denver. Even Pennsylvania.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yep, and yep! *With apologies to NEOhioBound.*

Sorry, NE, I think we are all concerned about this girl. When he posted that she had been in an accident in Aurora, my heart went into my mouth b/c my own daughter lives there. Fortunately, she was not involved in that accident.
Sadly, Steve posted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
Folks I got to go. I just got a call my daughter got into a serious wreck in Aurora. Ive got to go.
if you look at his location, it's Evergreen, Colorado:
Quote:
Steve McGarrett
So some Coloradans among us (HistorianDude shows a Littleton, Colorado location), including me, and Katiana, have been looking for the news reports, because it sounds awful, and as HistorianDude says, those kinds of horrific accidents are usually reported here. I've not been looking because I thought I wouldn't find it, or to prove anything about Steve's identity, rather, because I wanted to learn more about how the young woman was doing, and, what was happening with the accused.

(Evergreen, Colorado and Aurora, Colorado are both part of the Denver, Colorado Metro area.)

Old 03-01-2012, 04:44 PM

14,916 posts, read 13,172,250 times
As long as we're mentioning hometowns, Aurora CO is my hometown

Old 03-01-2012, 04:44 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,171,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
I don't recall Steve mentioning his daughter was in Aurora CO.
His location is shows as: Evergreen, Colorado

He said the accident was in Aurora here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post23167765

He said she is hospitalized in Denver here:

He also has in other posts talked about heading home to avoid Denver traffic. I've always found his insertions of "place" into his posts a bit forced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4
Aurora WV is 180 miles south of New Castle PA. Furthermore, that area is very rural. New Castle could be his ISP's POP, but he may be anywhere nearby in PA, OH, or WV.
Connect the dots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4
I do believe he has suffered a great loss, and I'd rather protect his and his family's privacy by not investigating further.
Like I said, I hope I'm wrong. But I don't believe that I am wrong.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:48 PM

2,891 posts, read 7,182,829 times
Quote:
His location is shows as: Evergreen, Colorado

He said the accident was in Aurora here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post23167765

He said she is hospitalized in Denver here:

He also has in other posts talked about heading home to avoid Denver traffic. I've always found his insertions of "place" into his posts a bit forced.

Connect the dots.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong. But I don't believe that I am wrong.
Better be careful - if you look at my post two above yours, from 3 minutes before, folks might accuse us of being the same person, the posts are that similar.

Like you, I hope I'm wrong. Well, kinda sorta, because I really don't hope that Steve's daughter has suffered as he has said, rather, I hope Steve is a made up person.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:56 PM

26,576 posts, read 14,583,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
i'd normally agree but this thread was started after existing threads on the subject ( some even started this morning ) with the intent of gaining sympathy in the OP.

pretty sleazy imo.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:56 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,501,323 times
I have known of people who were in accidents that were not reported by the news media. I'm not talking about little things, either. A co-worker's husband was killed in a motorcycle accident in downtown Denver while on his way to a business meeting and no mention was ever made of it in the press.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:09 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,985,920 times
Quote:
Okay... I've been loathe to mention this, but I must.

Denver is not a big town. We pretend we are because we're the State Capitol and all... but really, we're not. We are smaller than Nashville, or El Paso, or Charlotte, North Carolina. As a result, our local news media is very fastidious about covering injury accidents, especially when caused by a drunk driver. Here's an example of the kind of story that gets in our local papers regularly:

Now... here's the problem. Steve McGarrett posts to The Fogbow from an IP address registered to New Castle, Pennsylvania... not anywhere near Denver. And several people have been searching all day for any record of an injury car crash in Aurora, CO on Monday.

Nothing.

Steve said this morning that the driver is still being held until his blood alcohol returns to normal. That was 66 hours after Steve first announced that he had gotten a call about his daughter's accident. But even the worst drunk takes less than 35 hours for blood alcohol to return to normal.

I would love nothing more than to be wrong, because I genuinely think its horrific and unconscionable that somebody would make up a story about his daughter being involved in a horrible accident and becoming an amputee. But frankly... I think we're being played.
Sheriff Joe should have hired you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies