Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 05:14 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,327,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Ok I'll see your "Obama is a forgery" and raise you "Bush,Chaney and Rumsfeld are War Criminals"

Why don't you investigate THAT, sheriff? I will have 250 people on your doorstep with REAL evidence.
Real evidence or just opinion?

Why don't you manage to see that if the man is not legally qualified it is the real end of the Constitution and the United States along with it? Oh yeah, it is a political thing and so many of you don't see anything wrong with destroying the nation as long as a Democrat sits in the White House.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:17 PM

47,021 posts, read 26,097,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Why don't you manage to see that if the man is not legally qualified it is the real end of the Constitution and the United States along with it?
If.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:20 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,104,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Why don't you manage to see that if the man is not legally qualified it is the real end of the Constitution and the United States along with it?
Why does the right believe we are so fragile a thing? We are the oldest constitutional republic on the face of the planet, for cripe's sake. We survived a civil war.

Wow. Just wow.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:22 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,950,843 times
So does Sheriff Joe do a press conference for all of the cases he investigates? Also would have been nice for him to care this much about the 400+ sex crimes his department allegedly did little to nothing about. I guess those aren't "sexy" enough for him.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:26 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,055,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Okay... I've been loathe to mention this, but I must.

Denver is not a big town. We pretend we are because we're the State Capitol and all... but really, we're not. We are smaller than Nashville, or El Paso, or Charlotte, North Carolina. As a result, our local news media is very fastidious about covering injury accidents, especially when caused by a drunk driver. Here's an example of the kind of story that gets in our local papers regularly:

Now... here's the problem. Steve McGarrett posts to The Fogbow from an IP address registered to New Castle, Pennsylvania... not anywhere near Denver. And several people have been searching all day for any record of an injury car crash in Aurora, CO on Monday.

Nothing.

Steve said this morning that the driver is still being held until his blood alcohol returns to normal. That was 66 hours after Steve first announced that he had gotten a call about his daughter's accident. But even the worst drunk takes less than 35 hours for blood alcohol to return to normal.

I would love nothing more than to be wrong, because I genuinely think its horrific and unconscionable that somebody would make up a story about his daughter being involved in a horrible accident and becoming an amputee. But frankly... I think we're being played.
Are you serious? What possible motive could Steve have for making this story up?

Old 03-01-2012, 05:29 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,395,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Are you serious? What possible motive could Steve have for making this story up?
Sympathy. Munchausen by Proxy by Internet Proxy?

I also smell a rat. Anyone who spends a couple of hours posting on the internet when his daughter is supposedly lying in a coma at the hospital is either one twisted internet addict or a complete douchebag.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:30 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,104,915 times
Quote:
Most of what Steve posts, he makes up.

As to motive, I do not pretend to have a very good insight into what makes any Birther do anything.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:38 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,213,550 times
Quote:
<snip>I would love nothing more than to be wrong, because I genuinely think its horrific and unconscionable that somebody would make up a story about his daughter being involved in a horrible accident and becoming an amputee. But frankly... I think we're being played.
Had suspicions from the gitgo that's why I didn't post that I was sorry to hear the news.
Disgusting thing for McGarrett to do.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:39 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,055,059 times
Quote:
Most of what Steve posts, he makes up.

As to motive, I do not pretend to have a very good insight into what makes any Birther do anything.
Apparently you have a problem distinguishing a human being as an individual apart from his political views.

Someone said he is looking for sympathy. Sympathy for what?

Old 03-01-2012, 05:41 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,491,004 times
Quote:
my guess would be to try and gain sympathy while simultaneously making anyone that argued with him today look like a heartless b*stard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.