Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 09:35 AM

646 posts, read 801,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
The reality is, laws like affirmative action exist because of the past racial history of this country. Just because its not 1950 anymore doesn't mean the law still doesn't have value. The problem I see is that white people seem to think that because its not 1950 anymore, we sould just get rid of any law that was designed to help out minorites. My opinion is, we should never get rid of it until whites are not the dominate race anymore.

BTW, i've gone to white schools my entire life. I've played high school and college football with mostly white people. Of my 3 best friends, 2 are white and I consider their parents to be like my parents. I know I sound angry in my post, but when you create a thread and bash black people, were probably going to sound angry. How would you feel if somebody created a thread and said you are brainwashed, cant think for yourself, being called criminals, we are slaves, we are lazy, and you don't respect us.
Then you would agree affirmitive action should not apply to California,Texas, and New Mexico because those states are a minority majority states now.Whites are the minority in those states and Mississippi,Arizona,Georgia South Carolina are on the brink.Good for you

Old 01-13-2012, 09:36 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Yes it is, he also thinks blacks are stupid. Perhaps if he hands out free fried chicken and watermelon, we'll vote Republican.

While he thinks that blacks are slaves to the Democrats, he doesn't seem to notice that some are just anti-GOP because of people who hold views such as this.
I find it odd that someone who has such a negative view of a group of people would relish the idea of that group coming to their political party. Strange indeed, but I'd lie if I said this is not the first awkward and contrdictory idea I've read .

Old 01-13-2012, 10:52 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I agree, but the democratic party media plantation masters (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, LA Times and National Progressive Radio) would have you believe that only a couple of nutcase African-Americans would think for themselves and switch to the party of Independence (GOP).
...who BTW could give a rats butt about them either, except to parade them around while talking bad about the rest of the black population

Old 01-13-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
Then you would agree affirmitive action should not apply to California,Texas, and New Mexico because those states are a minority majority states now.Whites are the minority in those states and Mississippi,Arizona,Georgia South Carolina are on the brink.Good for you
So if this being the case does'nt that make affirmative Action work in the whites favor since now (as you claim) are the minority

Old 01-13-2012, 10:57 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
So this is how you view Black culture?
You mean as a group of people who are not 100% Jesus-like in their behavior?

Yes.

Despite what you wish to believe, blacks are not infallible and superior to whites as whites are not superior to blacks.

We are all equal even if you don't think so.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:04 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
One day you will have the courage to stand up on your own two feet and not depend on the government to tilt things unfairly in your direction...at least I hope you learn to take some responsibility.
Are you accusing me of being on some type of government handout?

Old 01-13-2012, 11:33 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
No, when whites do not make up 70% of the country and are no longer the majority overall, we can discuss getting rid of affirmative action. I'm not going to go state by state.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:35 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times
Quote:
You mean as a group of people who are not 100% Jesus-like in their behavior?

Yes.

Despite what you wish to believe, blacks are not infallible and superior to whites as whites are not superior to blacks.

We are all equal even if you don't think so.
I can guarantee there is not one black person in this country who would ever think they are superior to whites. You can keep saying we are equal 1000 times and it still wont make it true.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
If AA is for white women then why are African-Americans so deathly afraid that the gravy train will go away?

White women overwhelmingly are the beneficaries of AA but there are some cases where blacks as well as other groups have been able to get help from it

And why do you think its fair for a white person in 2012 to pay for the sins of a white person in 1942?

It is not but but some of the decendants of 1942 are alive and are responsible for keeping or even initiating racist rhetoric

What about whites who are recent immigrants or don't have ancestry that lived in the South or whites who marched with Dr. King.

This means what to whom? Sadly, America has embraced immigrants (as long as they don't look/sound like immigrants) while blacks have been in this country pretty much since it's creation but yet still are not looked upon as equal. This can be proven through the codespeak of Santorum and Newt.

One day you will learn that the problems of black people in 2012 aren't the result of what some dead white man did 100 years ago.

One day (hopefully) you will learn that in this country of wealthy white priviledge, being poor and a minority means very little to them except for their votes and limited resources. "the sins of thy father will be inherited through their children". As far as the sins of "some dead white man" goes, their sins have been taught and refined generation to generation

My views of black people, by the way, is that they are smart enough and determined enough to compete on a level playing field with whites. You obviously disagree. Since most civil rights laws of the last 50 years tilted the playing field they should be adjusted to 2012 not 1960. All Americans are equal even if you think some or more equal than others.
I agree there have been some progress but judging from the attacks on the first non-white president and his family there is still a way to go

Old 01-13-2012, 12:24 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,733,294 times
Quote:
There are incompassionate, selfish, black people just like there are of every other color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies