Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2012, 05:34 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
It took you 35 pages to figure that out?
No. I realized that ethnic groups who ignore the rot within and, in fact, embrace it are doomed long before I started this thread.

Imagine if every time someone black or brown said that rural whites in Arkansas who cook meth are stupid white people attacked the person who made the statement.

You never hear anyone say, "those meth heads are my people and you are attacking them for living their lives the way they wish. Leave them alone and mind your own business!"

It doesn't make any sense.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:39 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
As long as you demand my tax money to pay for social "programs" to "assist" "your" downtrodden you will be hearing from me and others who think.

If you want me and others who think to shut up then demand an end to Affirmative Action and special set-asides for "low-income historically marginalized citizens who seek special government loans to purchase a home".
Just so you know, when you come back, it will be the same arguements. You will accuse us of being brainwashed, allowing the democrats to be slave owners, the democrats have done nothing for us, we are lazy, black people are a drain on american society. We will than respond by calling you racist, that you can't stereotype all blacks, and that the republicans haven't given us a reason to join their side. As long as you don't have a problem with going down the same road, we will see you later.

P.S. Affirmative Action will go away when there is no more racism, or when whites become the minority. Whichever comes first. If you don't like Affirmative Action, I suggest you blame your great grandpa or grandma for that.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Just so you know, when you come back, it will be the same arguements. You will accuse us of being brainwashed, allowing the democrats to be slave owners, the democrats have done nothing for us, we are lazy, black people are a drain on american society. We will than respond by calling you racist, that you can't stereotype all blacks, and that the republicans haven't given us a reason to join their side. As long as you don't have a problem with going down the same road, we will see you later.

P.S. Affirmative Action will go away when there is no more racism, or when whites become the minority. Whichever comes first. If you don't like Affirmative Action, I suggest you blame your great grandpa or grandma for that.

1. Please point to the specific post where I said black people are lazy.

2. Which party did President Lincoln belong too?

3. Please provide proof that my "great grandpa or grandma" participated in any way with the institution of slavery of African-Americans. (Since they lived in the early 20th century they would have been hard pressed to be involved even if they wanted to. You should pick up a history book sometime.)

4. Assuming you aren't a small child with access to this forum how can any adult actually believe that in a human population of 7,000,000,000 racism can be totally, 100% eradicated via "government programs"?

No, I think you know as well as anyone that Affirmative Action is the training wheels for real life that SOME of "your people" are afraid to take off.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
1. Please point to the specific post where I said black people are lazy.

2. Which party did President Lincoln belong too?

3. Please provide proof that my "great grandpa or grandma" participated in any way with the institution of slavery of African-Americans. (Since they lived in the early 20th century they would have been hard pressed to be involved even if they wanted to. You should pick up a history book sometime.)

4. Assuming you aren't a small child with access to this forum how can any adult actually believe that in a human population of 7,000,000,000 racism can be totally, 100% eradicated via "government programs"?

No, I think you know as well as anyone that Affirmative Action is the training wheels for real life that SOME of "your people" are afraid to take off.
1. I didn't say that you said we were lazy, but other people have mentioned it. When you come back on this forum, all you or somebody who is republican, is going to do is rehash the same arguements about the democratic party as ya'll have done sofar in this thread. I'm simply stating that our responses will be the same.

2. I'm well aware he was a republican

3. My point about your great grandma and grandpa was, if ya'll didn't discriminate for so long, we wouldn't need Affirmative Action, but because we didn't get a fair shake for so long, we need it and still need it. If you hate affirmative action, blame your white ancestors for being racist against blacks.

4. I don't expect racism to go away, so Affirmative Action will stay in law. Don't like it, move to Canada.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
1. I didn't say that you said we were lazy, but other people have mentioned it. When you come back on this forum, all you or somebody who is republican, is going to do is rehash the same arguements about the democratic party as ya'll have done sofar in this thread. I'm simply stating that our responses will be the same.

2. I'm well aware he was a republican

3. My point about your great grandma and grandpa was, if ya'll didn't discriminate for so long, we wouldn't need Affirmative Action, but because we didn't get a fair shake for so long, we need it and still need it. If you hate affirmative action, blame your white ancestors for being racist against blacks.

4. I don't expect racism to go away, so Affirmative Action will stay in law. Don't like it, move to Canada.
Why is it wrong for a white person to say, "blacks are criminals" but o.k. for a black person to say, "your white ancestor was a slave owner/ discriminated against blacks"?

Aren't both statements racist?

So if I wish to eliminate an unfair law that legalizes racial discrimination I should instead give up and leave the country of my birth?

Isn't that racism too?

Oh, I forgot...only white people can be racist.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Why is it wrong for a white person to say, "blacks are criminals" but o.k. for a black person to say, "your white ancestor was a slave owner/ discriminated against blacks"?

Aren't both statements racist?

So if I wish to eliminate an unfair law that legalizes racial discrimination I should instead give up and leave the country of my birth?

Isn't that racism too?

Oh, I forgot...only white people can be racist.
Because calling blacks criminals is racist. White people were slave owners, blacks were the slaves. One is opinion, the other is fact. You do know that blacks were discriminated against for long time, right?

You can complain about Affirmative Action all you want, but if it bothers you so much, move somewhere else. We need it, because the minute we eliminate it, we're going back to the 50's and 60's again. You may want that, but I'm trying to stay away from that.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:27 PM

200 posts, read 278,906 times
Quote:
It would be much harder to think negatively of black people if a large percentage of black people did not present themselves in a way that supports negative perceptions.

The same could be said of any race or ethnic group but, as far as I can tell, it is only the law-abiding, mature and educated citizens of the African-American culture who embrace those within who "act a fool".

All other cultures shun said people and aren't afraid to criticize those within their culture who "show their a$$".
How should we be presenting ourselves? What is it that we do exactly, that make you have qualms with us? I reaaaalllly want to know. please.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stationplay View Post
How should we be presenting ourselves? What is it that we do exactly, that make you have qualms with us? I reaaaalllly want to know. please.
It amazes me, republicans will make the most racist statements, but swear up and down, they aren't racist. I got no problem with them being racist, but please just admit it.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:40 PM

200 posts, read 278,906 times
Quote:
It amazes me, republicans will make the most racist statements, but swear up and down, they aren't racist. I got no problem with them being racist, but please just admit it.

Omg tell me about it. so sad.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:45 PM

812 posts, read 595,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stationplay View Post
Omg tell me about it. so sad.
OJ, Obama, black on white crime almost no white on black crime, ah yea too bad...so sad! Mean ole whitey just never gives up enough of his pay check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies