Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 01:43 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,220,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I agree.

People like Bill Clinton who said that in a perfect world Obama would be getting coffee at the White House.
I wasn't thinking of Clinton, I had someone else in mind.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:45 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,076,890 times
Quote:
So you are saying that since history is permanent then unfair, race-based hiring and college entrance handouts for only certain Americans should continue forever?

Why do you feel that all Americans aren't equal in the eyes of the law?

That is very un-American.
It doesn't have to last forever. It just needs to stay until whites aren't the majority anymore. The less power you have, easier it will be to change that law or get rid of it completely.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Its just like how some blacks will make the most racist statements against whites but swear up and down they aren't racist. I got no problem with them being racist, but please just admit it.
You can't expect certain behavior from people if you are not willing to do it yourself. It's a disservice to yourself to hold other people to a higher standard, especially a group of people you deem inferior.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:50 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,076,890 times
I'm still waiting for my answer. If obama is a 1 and done president, shouldn't the new republican president put us in our place? Why do republicans care what we think about them, the republican president will end entitlements and other social progams anyway. Why don't ya'll just sit tight for 1 more year.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:57 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,333,319 times
Quote:
The part I bolded is a direct contradiction with the rest of your post.

This ain't 1923.

Its 2012.

You and others say that if anti-fairness laws like Affirmative Action are taken away on Monday then by Tuesday night whites are out in pickup trucks running down blacks and lynching up every African-American they see.

You are so blinded by hatred of whites that you can't understand how that is a racist belief. I'd bet 95% of whites aren't racist. Americans just want a good job, a safe neighborhood and clean food for their kids. Heck, there isn't even TIME for hating others for white folks. Why isn't it the same for these thread participants. Times have changed...for the better.

Maybe YOU do not have time, but they have time in other parts of the country where grown men are being beaten and run over by trucks by YOUNGSTERS. Maybe you don't have a opening for a job and the best candidate is a college educated black person but you hire a clueless white kid straight out of high school. Waybe you don't own a house and don't want "those type" of people living in your building so you tell them that it was already taken. I guess if you are non-black, times have changed for the better

Why wasn't Herman Cain lynched by evil whites at all of the Tea Party rallies he spoke at long before he became a candidate? Aren't GOP folks all racist?

Herman "Uncle Ruckus" Cain was embarrassment to everyone including black people! He was "lynched" by the very same people that put him the race in the first place. Everyone with a clue knew damn well (including him) that he was not going to win the nomination. The teabaggers supported him only because Cain could say things about the current president that the other candidates were only thinking. When his usefullness was over, he was gone. For the record I cannot give an exact % on how many GOP are racist but there are quite a few just judging from the conversations of the GOP candidates and the response from the people listening to them. For the most part I believe many of them are clueless as to what it is to be treated as a minority.

Get with the times!
My sentiments exactly

Old 01-13-2012, 02:01 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,550,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Not in the eyes of the law, but unequality gave reason to create the law in the first place and then you have the bias nature of the administrators of the laws that put a disportionate number of people of color in prison and on death row
Your last point is interesting in that the only presidential candidate who has spoken out against that injustice is Dr. Ron Paul...y'know the republican "racist" who hates blacks so much that he charges $0 to black men married to white women who can't get medical assistance for their wives due to overt racism...

The Compassion of Dr. Ron Paul - YouTube

Old 01-13-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
You can't expect certain behavior from people if you are not willing to do it yourself. It's a disservice to yourself to hold other people to a higher standard, especially a group of people you deem inferior.
If only racists who happen to be black would adhere to your words...

Even though I know you meant white racists since, as you believe, black racism doesn't exist.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Your last point is interesting in that the only presidential candidate who has spoken out against that injustice is Dr. Ron Paul...
Didn't Ron Paul say he would have opposed the Civil Rights Act, not surprised you support him. I saw another Paul supporter who was bashing MLK day. Not the best supporters in the world.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Maybe YOU do not have time, but they have time in other parts of the country where grown men are being beaten and run over by trucks by YOUNGSTERS. Maybe you don't have a opening for a job and the best candidate is a college educated black person but you hire a clueless white kid straight out of high school. Waybe you don't own a house and don't want "those type" of people living in your building so you tell them that it was already taken. I guess if you are non-black, times have changed for the better

You are obsessing over imaginary white racists with this post.

Sad that you need imaginary enemies to justify your own shortcomings.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
[/b]You are obsessing over imaginary white racists with this post.
I think a certain someone has proved that they are NOT imaginary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies