Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 09:45 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,273,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Fly southwest.
Yup, plus exactly 24 hours ahead of time spend 2 minutes mashing the F-5 refresh key on your browser repeatedly until can check in, almost always end up with good boarding row.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 09:47 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,273,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Do you know you're paying a lower fare today? Like I said, most people do find comfort in Ostrich Syndrome.
The ostrich is the person believing if we took almost a billion in luggage fees away from an airline their ticket prices won't change.

Quote:
Trust me, I couldn't care less about the bill itself, but I'm opposed to the stupidity that many of the airlines are engaging in.
I've never had a problem discerning luggage fees.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:49 AM

23,797 posts, read 24,309,995 times
Quote:
I think my point is about as straightforward as it can get. But you sure are hell bent on running in circles... nothing new there.
You're confused. Go back and re-read our banter.

Quote:
Your argument that it is a service is crap. Or, perhaps that you find comfort in crap service. It speaks highly of you and the value of your money.
What?! The only thing I've mentioned as being "crap" in this thread is YOUR POSITION.

I don't know what the heck you think you're talking about here. I think you're confusing me with someone else, because your replies to me aren't making any sense whatsoever. Again, go back and re-read my posts and your responses to them. Once you've done that, answer this one, simple question:

Why shouldn't the airlines charge for their service based on the cost of providing that service, on a case by case basis?

Old 11-23-2011, 09:49 AM

6,810 posts, read 5,723,515 times
Its a political TOY... and anyone who can't see it for what it is.. well. your a political TOY as well.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:24 AM

14,490 posts, read 26,720,684 times
Quote:
People have better visibility to fares than hidden charges, or be controlled to plan their trips by the airlines. So, they can shop for best fare. It is why I chose to book tickets on British Airways to London last month, even though the flight was by American Airlines. If I were to book on American Airlines, we would have gotten the same flight, but paid $120 more on bags, but about $100 less on tickets. So, even though the tickets were cheaper under American Airlines, the expense was lower on British Airways. But even if that weren't the case, I would still choose an airline that respects its customers more and affords greater freedom.

BTW, American Airlines is the only one of five airlines I've considered/flown this year that has the stupid baggage fee on second bag on international flights. The others being Lufthansa (Germany), British Airways, Jet Airways (India) and Air India.

Not really. Ignorance rules these forums, your post illustrates just that.
Continental is horrible...dont fly them if u can avoid- plus to buy a drink they refuse cash now- U must use a credit card

Domestic flights in US are now usually over 500.00, but you get to ride in a cattle car.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:27 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,186,046 times
Quote:
I would rather pay higher fair than be chump changed into baggage fees and snacks.
Agreed

Old 11-23-2011, 10:32 AM

31,767 posts, read 29,019,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Continental is horrible...dont fly them if u can avoid- plus to buy a drink they refuse cash now- U must use a credit card

Domestic flights in US are now usually over 500.00, but you get to ride in a cattle car.
Pretty much the same applied to international flights on American Airlines. It was a 8-9 hour torture both ways. At least the flight attendants (on the return flight) were better than I've seen at American. Now every time my fiance and I look at pictures from this trip and come across this,
She says... next time this!

Promise me not this...

To which I say... it is your fault for not being able to get out of office an hour early on a Friday.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:34 AM

31,767 posts, read 29,019,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
The ostrich is the person believing if we took almost a billion in luggage fees away from an airline their ticket prices won't change.

I've never had a problem discerning luggage fees.
Neither do I. It is why I laugh at the ridiculous practice that you all have chosen to succumb to.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:36 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,448,124 times
Quote:
Do you know you're paying a lower fare today?
I'm certainly paying less than someone with baggage, the final costs and profits for the airline for both will be dictated by the market.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:38 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,448,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Its a political TOY... and anyone who can't see it for what it is.. well. your a political TOY as well.
Yes, the legislator and those supporting it will use it for political advantage. "look what I did for you the little guy" when they really did nothing. They'll point to those opposing the bill and say "See, they are for big business and do not support the little guy".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies