Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 08:48 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,378,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
See above.
You should run for office. Never a direct answer to anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 08:48 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,549,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
That's my idea of a free market. One where beer isn't a right and if you don't want beer at $9.00, you don't have to buy it.
Or, if enough people don't like it, no one can buy beer at the stadium and the price will magically fall.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I believe his point is that its ok to charge, but that the charge should be up front at the time you buy the ticket..
So they charge me for one bag up front and I show up with two, what then?

Old 11-23-2011, 08:50 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,884,797 times
Quote:
Yep. And if you want to have a beer, you're basically forced into that. Or, is that the idea of "free market"?
So should bars be allowed to charge more than the corner store for a beer?

Old 11-23-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
I think my point is about as straightforward as it can get. But you sure are hell bent on running in circles... nothing new there.

Your argument that it is a service is crap. Or, perhaps that you find comfort in crap service. It speaks highly of you and the value of your money. I like upfront "business". It is why I respect South West Airlines, and try to stay away from American Airlines at EVERY opportunity.
So use Southwest airlines and don't concern yourself with us lowly serfs who prefer to bend over for our corporate masters

Problem solved.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:52 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,973,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
So should bars be allowed to charge more than the corner store for a beer?
Well, that is what is happening at the stadiums the such free marketeers as VTHokie (and I assume you) support. No?

Quote:
So use Southwest airlines and don't concern yourself with us lowly serfs who prefer to bend over for our corporate masters

Problem solved.
I don't have a problem with any of this. People crying, do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
So they charge me for one bag up front and I show up with two, what then?
Airlines are expected to have set allowances which vary depending on ticket/class of travel and destinations. Some have free allowance by weight, some by piece and some (like American Airlines) have no allowance other than a carry on (and one on international flights... depending on destination). If you showed up with one bag to check-in on AA, you will be charged for it.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Well, that is what is happening at the stadiums the such free marketeers as VTHokie (and I assume you) support. No?
See no answer on his position, does it all the time.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
I asked you a question.

Quote:
I don't have a problem with any of this. People crying, do.
You don't have a problem with it because you happen to agree. And if you agree, everyone should. And then the federal government should force compliance.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:58 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,973,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
You should run for office. Never a direct answer to anything.
I would, if I were really good at those "conservative" attributes.

Quote:
I asked you a question.
And you should be asking that question to VTHokie, not me. I don't agree with it (see the argument on beer sales in stadiums, he believes it should be that way). Why did you ask me that question?

Quote:
You don't have a problem with it because you happen to agree. And if you agree, everyone should. And then the federal government should force compliance.
Well, I prefer to speak for self. Which is what I did in my very first response. Now, it is people who got their panties twisted in a wad at that notion that we've continued since. They want to abide by the rules that I call stupid, and want everybody to get along with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies