Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 06:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,790,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I see you live in Boston, far, far, far away from any first-hand knowledge of what actually goes on in a border city, whereas I live 40 miles from Juarez.
I know of what I speak.
Then you should know that it's obvious killers and rapists that live 40 miles from the border can simply go to Juarez and do their killing and raping and then return as they please. There are El Paso and New Mexicans that have been murdered in Juarez because they were fully involved in what's going on over there.

The real reason to commit crimes in Juarez is there are not cameras everywhere and the police cannot solve most of the murders. The chances of getting caught over there are much lower. That doesn't mean the killers don't live in the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 06:30 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,687,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Such bitterness.
So, so sad.

It just fascinates me how much people want to believe their fellow Americans are living in war zones and refuse to believe them when they say that is about as far from the truth as the moon is from Uranus.
Like I have said...the violence is SPILLING over the US and spreading across the country. ACROSS THE COUNTRY.

How do you explain all the crimes committed by illegally aliens who crossed the border ILLEGALLY happening all the way up here? Yeah, sure the border is soooooooo secure!

You realize that once someone cross that unsecured border, they can travel anywhere in this country right? Or maybe you don't know that?
Did you even bother reading the articles? I doubt it.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:32 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,646,198 times
[quote=KickAssArmyChick;21345701]Like I have said...the violence is SPILLING over the US and spreading across the country. ACROSS THE COUNTRY.

Did you even bother reading the articles? I doubt it.[/quote]

No. They don't. Trust me. Many people in the U.S. don't want to believe that a country, a neighboring country has a war so close to home. I constantly put videos and websites for people to see but they simply pass it off as "It's not that bad". When the bloodshed (and hopefully it does not) does or if spills on to here, then everyone will have a totally different view.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:33 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,983,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
bring our troops home
This it totally false ... Iran is responsible for thousands to American deaths in the middle east and Africa. They were behind most of the Iraq insurgence.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:41 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,790,233 times
[quote=Lital_The_Best;21345720]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Like I have said...the violence is SPILLING over the US and spreading across the country. ACROSS THE COUNTRY.

Did you even bother reading the articles? I doubt it.[/quote]

No. They don't. Trust me. Many people in the U.S. don't want to believe that a country, a neighboring country has a war so close to home. I constantly put videos and websites for people to see but they simply pass it off as "It's not that bad". When the bloodshed (and hopefully it does not) does or if spills on to here, then everyone will have a totally different view.
No one living in New Mexico or any border state should be ignorant about the spill over but many like to pretend it simply cannot happen so they ignore the news showing it is.

They took a man right out of his home in broad daylight in a suburb of El Paso, and a couple days later his body was found mutilated, arms cut off and placed on his body, laying in a Juarez street. That one was reported only because there were witnesses, often there are not witnesses to kidnappings. Attempted kidnappings also have been reported, and just the other day, they arrested some extortionists in a New Mexico border town.

Drug lords have been executed in broad daylight on the USA side, anyone who denies this is simply ignoring the news stories on these. A decapitation was performed by drug dealers in Phoenix.

We are just seeing the beginning. The cartels are now recruiting kids going to high school in the USA.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:20 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,742,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Then you should know that it's obvious killers and rapists that live 40 miles from the border can simply go to Juarez and do their killing and raping and then return as they please. There are El Paso and New Mexicans that have been murdered in Juarez because they were fully involved in what's going on over there.

The real reason to commit crimes in Juarez is there are not cameras everywhere and the police cannot solve most of the murders. The chances of getting caught over there are much lower. That doesn't mean the killers don't live in the USA.

And?
Are you suggesting that killers have never lived in the USA?

Seriously, I am really beginning to believe that people have absolutely no clue as to the history of this country, particularly the 20th century.

If, as you say, they were fully involved in what's going on over there, then, they pretty much got what they deserved.
No different than what happened to Al Capone's cronies or John Gotti's.

I grew up in NYC. I remember gangland killings in Little Italy. They were a pretty regular occurence. I also remember junkies nodding off in the streets, the riots after the blackout in the 70s, the crack epidemic of the 80s, carjackings, Son of Sam, the Central Park Jogger and that's just what transpired in NYC.

Shall I add the Watts riots? Ted Bundy? Kent State? How about Bull Connor?

Bottom line, I remember when this country was gripped by violence. Despite what many want to believe and assert as truth, we're living in Candy Land now compared to the 1960s, 1970s/early 1980s.

Historical perspective - people should get some.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:50 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,742,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

How do you explain all the crimes committed by illegally aliens who crossed the border ILLEGALLY happening all the way up here? Yeah, sure the border is soooooooo secure!

You realize that once someone cross that unsecured border, they can travel anywhere in this country right? Or maybe you don't know that?
Did you even bother reading the articles? I doubt it.

Yes, because capitalization will make it really true.

I read the papers. I also read the follow-ups, something that I believe a lot of people neglect to do.
An example: Headless bodies in the AZ desert? Not true.

Yes, we do have a huge problem with illegal immigration in this country. However, aside from the initial illegal act of crossing over, the majority of illegals stay under the radar. The MSM loves to sensationalize the few accounts of illegals actually committing crimes, but, if, as people say, there are millions of them here, where are the corresponding crime rates?

Crime is lower than it has been in decades and as someone who has lived 50+ years on this earth, I know this to be true.
There is nothing going on in this country right now that compares in any way to the mayhem that accompanied the crack epidemic.
Absolutely nothing.

I know what it is like to walk down dangerous streets. I am not living with blinders on.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:23 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,646,198 times
[quote=malamute;21345804]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post

No one living in New Mexico or any border state should be ignorant about the spill over but many like to pretend it simply cannot happen so they ignore the news showing it is.

They took a man right out of his home in broad daylight in a suburb of El Paso, and a couple days later his body was found mutilated, arms cut off and placed on his body, laying in a Juarez street. That one was reported only because there were witnesses, often there are not witnesses to kidnappings. Attempted kidnappings also have been reported, and just the other day, they arrested some extortionists in a New Mexico border town.

Drug lords have been executed in broad daylight on the USA side, anyone who denies this is simply ignoring the news stories on these. A decapitation was performed by drug dealers in Phoenix.

We are just seeing the beginning. The cartels are now recruiting kids going to high school in the USA.

Yep. All of what you said is true. I remember the decapitation took place at a little residential area in Phoenix, Arizona not long ago. That's NOT a surprise though, for those of us that know what's happening in Mexico and the border wars.

Also, has no even heard of the FALCON LAKE INCIDENT!?

Falcon Lake 'pirate' murder: Is beheading 'message to the Americans'? - CSMonitor.com

Old 10-19-2011, 12:15 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,525,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I agree, we seem to have no problems defending this Country and that Country, but when it comes to defending our own Country and our open vicious borders, we can't, and why is that, just why is that!
Well first of all it's because of your duplicity in needing, wanting a cheap labour pool for some reason.

Secondly I take acception to your plural useage when describing "open viscious borders". You've only got one viscious border you refuse to defend, the other is as secure as any border can be with drones flying overhead as well.

Protecting yourself from Canadian Senior Snowbirds who come to enhance your economy has assumed priority over the illegals pouring into your country from below.

You created Homeland security that has done nothing to change anything on your southern border but required high level talks with Canada to agree to more stringent rules for the northern entries.

You put Napolitanonuts in charge even though her record at enforcing existing laws in Arizona was as lax as lax coud be. Even worse when her successor attempts to enact new laws, you people sue her!

You consider as a condidate for your next POTUS a candidate from Texas whose record of border enforcement is even worse than Napolitano's was. But hey; he's got nice hair and talks to God!

I use the "you" to describe exactly whose responsible. YOU are!

Old 10-19-2011, 12:20 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,681,034 times
[quote=Lital_The_Best;21348049]
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

Yep. All of what you said is true. I remember the decapitation took place at a little residential area in Phoenix, Arizona not long ago. That's NOT a surprise though, for those of us that know what's happening in Mexico and the border wars.

Also, has no even heard of the FALCON LAKE INCIDENT!?

Falcon Lake 'pirate' murder: Is beheading 'message to the Americans'? - CSMonitor.com
Don't forget about this

Quote:
Tijuana: Mutilated Body Found Hanging From Bridge, Believed To Be Rogelio Sanchez

Quote:
4 Headless Bodies Hung From Bridge in Mexico
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies