Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 06:24 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,713,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I see you live in Boston, far, far, far away from any first-hand knowledge of what actually goes on in a border city, whereas I live 40 miles from Juarez.
I know of what I speak.
I used to live in Sierra Vista Arizona... 15 miles from Mexico.

And you think Massachusetts is not overrun with illegals from South of the Border? You think the rest of the country is not being affected by illegals and violence that come from the other side of the border?

You must live under a rock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 06:48 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,919,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
What are you saying here? Did you mean to write Iran rather than "us".?

The US is NOT into invasions?.........LOL

We a currently conducting military strikes in 7 Muslim countries against the popular will of their citizens.
america is very into invading other countries. mexico is not.
our problems with mexico cost much less than our war fever.
does that help?

Old 10-18-2011, 06:50 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,349,655 times
I would hazard a guess. More US citizens have been killed in the last 5 years by Mexican nationals than by Iran in 30 years.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:51 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,659,915 times
Yes, let's wage war on our 3rd largest oil supplier. I couldn't possibly come up with a more brilliant idea. Ya know, this is probably why our Federal government has been relatively lax with enforcement of border security. After all, we can't really afford a breakdown in international relations and tick off a country which contributes so much to feed the voracious appetite of our oil-centric economy. Sure, we could wage war and steal Mexico's oil anyway, but we don't need to finance another war when we're already $14 trillion in the hole.

As a patriot it pains me to say this, but this country is so f***ed.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:15 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,044,585 times
How do we keep the Military Industrial Complex going with out fabricating enemies and keeping the American public scared. Iraq was the last boogie man and now it's Iran.

Ron Paul 2012, he could care less about Iran, he is more concerned about the American people and there way of life.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:32 PM

25,903 posts, read 20,885,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I used to live in Sierra Vista Arizona... 15 miles from Mexico.

And you think Massachusetts is not overrun with illegals from South of the Border? You think the rest of the country is not being affected by illegals and violence that come from the other side of the border?

You must live under a rock.
Such bitterness.
So, so sad.

It just fascinates me how much people want to believe their fellow Americans are living in war zones and refuse to believe them when they say that is about as far from the truth as the moon is from Uranus.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:05 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,845,141 times
What most people in the US don't seem to realize is that illegal immigration from Mexico is now down 80% from it's peak. The combination of sharply falling birth rates in Mexico, increased opportunity for the poor there, and our crappy economy here are making the illegal immigration debate moot.

This shouldn't be surprising. If you look at the history of immigration in the US generally immigrants come in waves, then, for one reason or another, the wave ends. This seems to be happening now with Mexican immigration. Although Mexico is still much poorer than the US it is apparently nice enough that Mexicans would rather stay there. It makes sense, for someone to leave their friends and family behind and become an illegal alien in a country where they don't speak the language they would have to make a lot more to make it worth while. It looks like dishwashing wages are no longer enough to tempt them.

A recent article on the subject:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...gration&st=cse

Old 10-19-2011, 05:46 AM

327 posts, read 322,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
america is very into invading other countries. mexico is not.
our problems with mexico cost much less than our war fever.
does that help?
Are you serious. We have been invaded for a long time.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:04 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,675,114 times
This is the first time I agree with something with All American NYC. If the NAU (North American Union) and NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) agreements happen to come to fruition and are true, then Mexico will be more of a threat than ever before and the extremely organized, extremely barbaric and horrific drug cartels will be able to move around at will and I am sure will capitalize and expand their presence all through the U.S. and Canada. I know this might seemed far fetched but it's bad enough that the drug cartels are making strides in the U.S. as it is. The border cities and states have felt the wrath of the Mexican drug cartels (most noticeably the Zetas) and they have expanded deeper into the U.S. to cities like Atlanta, Chicago, Miami.

Some people may write off the cartels but a lot of the public (here in the U.S. of all places, since we're so close to them) really don't understand the power these cartels possess and how extreme they are. I think they possess a lot of issues as it is and with the way things are going, and the way Mexico is pretty much falling to its knees to these cartels-it's only going to get worst.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:07 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,675,114 times
www.borderlandbeat.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies