Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2013, 01:23 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,394,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
The "lie" is they live the gender they were born although it doesn't match how they feel or perceive themselves. If you aren't trangender you haven't felt that way.
But I am a male. So I should at least know what it means to "feel" like a male, yes? I have no idea what it means to "feel" male or female. Should I go off and get a surgery to make it so I'm neither?

And again, I don't see how a man can say "I don't feel like a man; I feel like a woman" unless they have an understanding of what it means to feel both. Maybe it's all the same feeling, none of us can say for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I don't really get why it's anyone else's business to determine the validity of their feelings.
Well, we have to live in the same world they do; I don't see how it could not be our business, especially when total acceptance of the idea begins to affect children.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:29 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,574,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
But I am a male. So I should at least know what it means to "feel" like a male, yes? I have no idea what it means to "feel" male or female. Should I go off and get a surgery to make it so I'm neither?

And again, I don't see how a man can say "I don't feel like a man; I feel like a woman" unless they have an understanding of what it means to feel both. Maybe it's all the same feeling, none of us can say for sure.

You are being silly. If you don't know how it feels for your external self to not match your internal self, it's because you don't feel that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Well, we have to live in the same world they do; I don't see how it could not be our business, especially when total acceptance of the idea begins to affect children.
What is your response to the links I posted upthread on the subject?

Old 05-13-2013, 01:32 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,335,471 times
Quote:
But I am a male.
And you feel like a male and self-identify as a male. Transgendered kids say "I'm a girl, so why do I have a penis? Something's wrong."
You never had to go through that, I'll bet.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:03 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,464,442 times
it will always be a boy. no matter how much you try to change it. it will always be a boy, even if it pees sitting down.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
it will always be a boy. no matter how much you try to change it. it will always be a boy, even if it pees sitting down.
And it won't affect you either way.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:13 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,205,954 times
And what would they have done if at age eight the kid has said he was an orangutan?

A child of this age is far to young to be calling these kinds of shots, and delaying the normal onset of puberty seems like it probably has lots of unknowns.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
And what would they have done if at age eight the kid has said he was an orangutan?

A child of this age is far to young to be calling these kinds of shots, and delaying the normal onset of puberty seems like it probably has lots of unknowns.
Well, by all means, please show us a link with a legion of kids claiming they're orangutans.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:34 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,916,023 times
I feel I was born to be the Silver Surfer....so what I am going to do is abandon my family...all my money needs to go towards research that will alleviate my disorder.

If I wasn't forced into living a lie...I wouldn't have ever brought kids into the world and spent all my resources and time into my destint...I would have become the galaxy surfing, laser shooting badass I was born to be.

This is not at all weird or depraved...it's how I FEEL...I have the silver surfer gene.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
I feel I was born to be the Silver Surfer....so what I am going to do is abandon my family...all my money needs to go towards research that will alleviate my disorder.
Knock yourself out. Nobody is stopping you.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:57 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,143,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
pretty much...I hate to say it, but the rest is just the kid fooling himself with the help of his parents & doctors. Unless he is truly unisex, he will always have an x and a y chromosome, unless they can figure out a way to remove those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post

If I wasn't forced into living a lie...I wouldn't have ever brought kids into the world and spent all my resources and time into my destint...I would have become the galaxy surfing, laser shooting badass I was born to be.

This is not at all weird or depraved...it's how I FEEL...I have the silver surfer gene.
Are you sure you dont feel like the president of the united states today?..lol..that feeling would be a lot better to get help with becoming...you could say you need reassignment so that you're not forced to live a lie...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies