Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 07:03 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
how can u be born a male and at age 10 say im meant to be a woman? i also really think the lesbian parents had a huge influence. i can understand gays and lesbians but this transgender crap is getting ridiculous.
This epidemic of extreme ignorant and prejudiced crap is getting ridiculous.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:03 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Hope you never have a transgender child. Something tells me they'd be in the 50% who attempt suicide when going through puberty.

Luckily, this child had loving intelligent parents who cared enough to educate themselves about gender dysphoria and seek help for their child.
Again?! Lol, you keep going back to the same, lame, premise, about me. Three times, alteady, four now, I have told you I'm not even close, to being Scientoligist.

Look, you are saying tbis child has a PHYSICAL disorder. Same witb all who claim this "disphoria". For the sake of this discussion, we will concentrate on this child. Male on the outside, female on tbe inside? Hmm. So there is an aberation in his physical structure? Female organs inside, producing hormones that bring on female drives? But on tbe outside, male sex organs, and physical build? Like incomplete Hermaphrodism? Or, does the aberation lie in the brain, alone?

If the latter is the case, the "cure" is to surgically alter a fully MALE body, to the outward appearance of being female? Female hormones cannot be naturally produced, in sufficient balance, to support true function as a female, nor is the result of this procedure, truly female. The internal organs are not there. There will be no menstrual cycles, the ability to acieve sexual arousal and ultimately female orgasm? Wbat kind of sex life awaits this poor kid? No matter what, he can NEVER be, truly, a woman. Only in appearance. All for the sake of quack "science"being able to play with nature.

If female organs are actually there, I could see making the attempt to correct, surgically. If, on reaching puberty, this child would be flooded with female hormones, bringing on entirely female drives and desires, tben I see a problem, and a purpose for trying to correct it by radical means. This is not the case. The problem lies, not in the anatomy, but in the BRAIN! The one organ of the human body, still having a daunting amount of uncharted territory. No amount of reading or citing of theoretical pondering, by scientists and medical research, generates knowledge that does not exist. You cannot claim to be "educated" on something to which there is anything but theory to support it.

This boy is not mutated, or malformed, and physical medicine has no answers. Pumping in hormones by artificial means, and external physical alteration will just cause him more misery. Oh, he could live as a woman, act like one, look like one, but he NEVER, truly, will be.

You scream about my hatred and bigotry, which is not the true case, because that is your premise for all differing opinion. Nothing in this article, or anywhere else, changes the fact that they cannot "build" a woman from a man. There is no physical condition, here, that medical procedures can correct.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Good to know I'm not the only one who sees it that way. There's hope for this country yet!
That's just sad Vic 2.0. I had some hope for you.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:17 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times
Quote:
"an insanely small sample size"?

You didn't bother to click on that link either? Like you haven't read the article or watched the video in the OP?

How else do you explain completely overlooking more than 40 years worth of studies on gay and lesbian parents and their children?
I don't care if you had 140 years of research....the fact is this.

The sample size you would have to reference against 140 years of heterosexual couples with children would be.....

Spoiler
insanely small

That being said..it's only 40 and very, very small.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:19 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times
Quote:
I think you are confusing 'science' with the Holy Roman Church who persecuted people who didn't tow the line with their ignorant doctrines.

10, 20, 30 years ago we knew a lot about intersexed and transgender people. Now we know a lot more. Well, at least people who bother to actually educate themselves about it do.

In a 1000 years or so, people studying history will be able to read threads like and be astounded and sickened by the ignorance, prejudice and hatred.

In fact, in 20 or 30 years time, your grandchildren may still be able to read this thread and will probably be disgusted by your views.
They may also be disgusted by the couple that put their child through sex reassignment surgery starting @ 8.....

Ever thought of that?

Old 05-14-2013, 07:20 AM

945 posts, read 968,069 times
Quote:
This epidemic of extreme ignorant and prejudiced crap is getting ridiculous.

It is hard to fathom that a woman of your advanced wisdom and with the hindsight of being the past the reproductive years of your life would espouse ignorance and prejudice as a defense of child abuse.

Truly heinous.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
The kid is 11 yrs. old and his homosexual parents are allowing him or her to change his or her gender? That's what I understand this to be about, after just briefly glancing through this thread.

All about attention.
Let's bring more attention to the community, and let's make our kid the focus of it! We can get attention drawn to us, and our kid's future will be in the news! We can save the newspaper articles and scan them into the computer for future entertainment!

YAY!!

What losers. Totally immoral losers. They really need to get lives of their own and leave their kid alone.

What they're doing is called child abuse.

best,
toodie
So you don't read the article, you don't know the story, you don't know anything about the family, you don't know anything about transgenderism, gender dysphoria, or the treatment described in the article which has been successfully used for 20 years in the US and even longer in Europe to help transgender children, you post ugly, prejudiced, ignorant comments, then have the hide to call the parents "totally immoral losers"?

Last edited by Ceist; 05-14-2013 at 08:06 AM..

Old 05-14-2013, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
There is extreme ignorance and prejudice being displayed by those who are on BOTH sides of this fence. Human sexuality is not that cut and dried. For progressives it is not something that should be pigeon holed and titled. Nor is it being fully logical for traditionalists to assume they have all the right answers....myself...I just don't go for the whole categorizing of human sexuality and sexual identity. People come up with theories and institutionalize them as fact...no one really understands what is going on....In the mean time I will stick to my mantra...People leave the kids alone and let nature take it's course.
Nope, the ignorance is pretty much on the "side" of posters in this thread who chose not to even bother reading the article and chose not to spend even 5 minutes doing any research about the topic before posting ugly comments.

"Leaving" transgender children "alone" and "letting nature take it's course" has resulted in the past in about 50% of them attempting to commit suicide when they go through puberty. On the other "side", puberty delaying treatment has been successfully used in the US for about 20 years and for longer in Europe. The outcomes for the physical and psychological wellbeing of transgender children have been significantly improved. Which you would know if you took a little time to get off your "mantra" and educate yourself.

Last edited by Ceist; 05-14-2013 at 07:35 AM..

Old 05-14-2013, 07:27 AM

945 posts, read 968,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Again?! Lol, you keep going back to the same, lame, premise, about me. Three times, alteady, four now, I have told you I'm not even close, to being Scientoligist.

Look, you are saying tbis child has a PHYSICAL disorder. Same witb all who claim this "disphoria". For the sake of this discussion, we will concentrate on this child. Male on the outside, female on tbe inside? Hmm. So there is an aberation in his physical structure? Female organs inside, producing hormones that bring on female drives? But on tbe outside, male sex organs, and physical build? Like incomplete Hermaphrodism? Or, does the aberation lie in the brain, alone?

If the latter is the case, the "cure" is to surgically alter a fully MALE body, to the outward appearance of being female? Female hormones cannot be naturally produced, in sufficient balance, to support true function as a female, nor is the result of this procedure, truly female. The internal organs are not there. There will be no menstrual cycles, the ability to acieve sexual arousal and ultimately female orgasm? Wbat kind of sex life awaits this poor kid? No matter what, he can NEVER be, truly, a woman. Only in appearance. All for the sake of quack "science"being able to play with nature.

If female organs are actually there, I could see making the attempt to correct, surgically. If, on reaching puberty, this child would be flooded with female hormones, bringing on entirely female drives and desires, tben I see a problem, and a purpose for trying to correct it by radical means. This is not the case. The problem lies, not in the anatomy, but in the BRAIN! The one organ of the human body, still having a daunting amount of uncharted territory. No amount of reading or citing of theoretical pondering, by scientists and medical research, generates knowledge that does not exist. You cannot claim to be "educated" on something to which there is anything but theory to support it.

This boy is not mutated, or malformed, and physical medicine has no answers. Pumping in hormones by artificial means, and external physical alteration will just cause him more misery. Oh, he could live as a woman, act like one, look like one, but he NEVER, truly, will be.

You scream about my hatred and bigotry, which is not the true case, because that is your premise for all differing opinion. Nothing in this article, or anywhere else, changes the fact that they cannot "build" a woman from a man. There is no physical condition, here, that medical procedures can correct.

You are arguing with someone devoid of logic, morals, science and ethics. I suggest turning to your Cocker Spanial and preparing for a more salient discussion than the disgraceful people who applaud this.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:29 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
They may also be disgusted by the couple that put their child through sex reassignment surgery starting @ 8.....

Ever thought of that?

The child is not being put through sex reassignment surgery!

In fact, this is probably the easiest way to "wait and see" if it truly IS something permanent, or if it's something that will disappear.

Sex reassignment surgery isn't something you order on a Monday and go do on a Wednesday. It involves multiple years of therapy, having to live as the opposite, sex, etc. It is a recognized and valid treatment for those with gender dysphoria.

From the article that you likely did not read:

His parents say the hormone treatment will give him time to figure out if he wants to fully transition to being female or go through puberty as a boy.

If he chooses to stop taking the drugs, he will undergo natural male puberty at a later stage and his future fertility would not be impacted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies