Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2013, 09:04 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Peeps be cray-cray...gay people and straight people.

This couple is not representing anyone except other crazies.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:08 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Yeah,it's an old story. Doesn't take away the fact that this is the true face of homosexuals,not the sanitized Will and Grace image.
What does homosexuality have to do with gender dysphoria?

Old 05-12-2013, 09:49 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
Actually its between the child, the parents and a doctor.
Hormones blockers just postpone testosterone from altering the child which buys time for the person to be sure.

Its not a big deal. And just because you don't like it...you don't get to make that decision. Its none of your business.
Uh; IF there's probable child abuse happening, I WILL make it my business and talk to the cops. I ain't talking about a parent smacking a kid on the butt to stop him from running in the street, that's NOT abuse.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:53 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
It's highly likely she would if she had a tiny minded ignorant bigot for a parent.

Luckily she has intelligent loving parents who care enough to educate themselves about transgenderism and gender dysphoria and how they can best help their child.
HE, is a confused CHILD. "Intelligent and loving parents"? More like a pair that wants a daughter, but has a son. Capitalizing on new theories about "gender identity" labeled with words like "dysphoria" to make it seem more, clinically scientific. Latching on to a childs desire, to please his parents, and subjecting him to a horrible ordeal of "medical" intervention, passing the buck onto the child, in the decision, to mask their own desires.

You may well, call me a "tiny minded bigot". Matters a fart in a high wind to me. From where I'm sitting, I don't see caring and loving parents, with the boys best interests, at heart, here. I see two people, with a desire to take a child, back for an exchange.

They have the answer to their desires in "medical science", and intend to alter the nature of things, to suit their lifestyle. That is , hardly, "caring and intelligent". It is selfish and cruel. A child is not a mechanical thing, tbat can be modified and customized, to taste. I am apalled at the implications of this. Physical and chemical alteration of a human being, under the guise of a "medical diagnosis". And it's "no big deal". Just another day at the office.

I bet Joseph Mengele would be licking his chops over this one. Yep, lets just see how far "science" can alter nature.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:02 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
HE, is a confused CHILD. "Intelligent and loving parents"? More like a pair that wants a daughter, but has a son. Capitalizing on new theories about "gender identity" labeled with words like "dysphoria" to make it seem more, clinically scientific. Latching on to a childs desire, to please his parents, and subjecting him to a horrible ordeal of "medical" intervention, passing the buck onto the child, in the decision, to mask their own desires.

You may well, call me a "tiny minded bigot". Matters a fart in a high wind to me. From where I'm sitting, I don't see caring and loving parents, with the boys best interests, at heart, here. I see two people, with a desire to take a child, back for an exchange.
OK. It's not my fault you don't understand transgenderism, dysmorphic issues or psychology.
Be as outraged as you like. As long as it's not people like you making the rules, it's all good.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:25 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
OK. It's not my fault you don't understand transgenderism, dysmorphic issues or psychology.
Be as outraged as you like. As long as it's not people like you making the rules, it's all good.
You're right: I DON'T understand transgender people either, I see them as being pretty messed up. Hell: word is many "regular" Gay or Lesbians don't care or understand them either.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:28 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Whatever you say man. Enjoy your Kool Aid. Taste kinda bitter?

Old 05-12-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Whatever you say man. Enjoy your Kool Aid. Taste kinda bitter?
Well, aren't you adorable? Equating being informed with drinking Kool Aid.
Is it just you, or is it typical for all Republicans?

Old 05-12-2013, 12:04 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Regardless of how many time the issue of gender dysphoria in children is discussed here, not one of the nay-sayers ever bother to do any type of reading or research on the topic, they just regurgitate hate-filled ignorance.

If anyone can be bothered, here is some info:

I would highly recommend reading the blog of Wayne Maines, the conservative father of a trangender child:

Wayne Maines

The Center for Transyouth Health and Development | Transgender Services | Gender Identity | Health Education | HIV Prevention - Childrens Hospital Los Angeles

Gender Management Service Clinic at Children's Hospital Boston

Old 05-12-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Regardless of how many time the issue of gender dysphoria in children is discussed here, not one of the nay-sayers ever bother to do any type of reading or research on the topic, they just regurgitate hate-filled ignorance.
You noticed that, too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies