Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2012, 07:52 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
We think alike. I was about to point out that when straight couples do the same for their trans child, it rarely makes the news.

Somehow it's always the same-sex parents that make the news.

Yep, just folks trying to find "bait" so they have something to hook onto to justify their homophobia.

Nothing new.

I didn't watch the video, yet. But I only remember seeing news about straight couples doing this when they are born with a body that is incompatable with their born gender. When a baby has the sexual organs of a girl but there is a penis instead of a vagina. I remember a long time ago there was a documentary about this with straight couples. The children grew up and were angry that their parents made the decision for them. They all said they would have preferred they be allowed to grow up to decide for themselves. Some of the parents didn't even wait to see what their child felt inside and had surgery done to young and some waited but not long enough to see if their child would out grow wanting to be another sex or just change their minds because they matured. There have been a lot of reports of this same disasterous thing happening to chidren. Just because we see gay reports of it now that doesn't mean there just ot bait them. Seriously man you should know it's news regardless of who does it playing victim assuming oh it's because they are gay is BS. It's not new with straight couples it's just new now with gay couples and will wear off in time like everything else but noo do go and play on about how they are baited and victimeized when they aren't. This is why people don't take it seriously when they really are baited and victimized because it's the excuse for everything, every opinion that isn't strictly in approval of everything gay people do. Keep crying wolf. It's one thing to prepare for future surgery by saving up money to have it done but it's quite another to change a childs sex before they get to be old enough to know what they want for themselves reagardless of who does it ...it's a horrible injustice to a child who isn't capable of deciding for themselves after maturing.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:53 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
The old insanity is the new sanity.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:57 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
I didn't watch the video, yet. But I only remember seeing news about straight couples doing this when they are born with a body that is incompatable with their born gender. When a baby has the sexual organs of a girl but there is a penis instead of a vagina. I remember a long time ago there was a documentary about this with straight couples. The children grew up and were angry that their parents made the decision for them. They all said they would have preferred they be allowed to grow up to decide for themselves. Some of the parents didn't even wait to see what their child felt inside and had surgery done to young and some waited but not long enough to see if their child would out grow wanting to be another sex or just change their minds because they matured. There have been a lot of reports of this same disasterous thing happening to chidren. Just because we see gay reports of it now that doesn't mean there just ot bait them. Seriously man you should know it's news regardless of who does it playing victim assuming oh it's because they are gay is BS. It's not new with straight couples it's just new now with gay couples and will wear off in time like everything else but noo do go and play on about how they are baited and victimeized when they aren't. This is why people don't take it seriously when they really are baited and victimized because it's the excuse for everything, every opinion that isn't strictly in approval of everything gay people do. Keep crying wolf. It's one thing to prepare for future surgery by saving up money to have it done but it's quite another to change a childs sex before they get to be old enough to know what they want for themselves reagardless of who does it ...it's a horrible injustice to a child who isn't capable of deciding for themselves after maturing.
The difference is that when straight parents do it, it doesn't become some dialogue about how straight parents are "influencing their children" or "spreading their heterosexuality". But it always turns into that when the parents in question happen to be gay.

I agree that a child should choose for themselves. But people need to stop making the child's transsexuality about the parents' sexual orientation. The two are not related.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:49 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
The difference is that when straight parents do it, it doesn't become some dialogue about how straight parents are "influencing their children" or "spreading their heterosexuality". But it always turns into that when the parents in question happen to be gay.

I agree that a child should choose for themselves. But people need to stop making the child's transsexuality about the parents' sexual orientation. The two are not related.
I do agree with you a lot of people do but lets face it to assume that is the only reason the media/news reports it is IMO just as wrong because to the media everyone is fair game. It's just a little more newer to most people when it comes to gay couples having to deal with situations like this with their children. It wasn't heard of much in most peoples lives in the past but today gays are more out there in the public and this shows some are no different than some straight couples. In your post I was referring to you made refference to this being making news because they are gay and that is not the only reason it's reported and claiming it is crying wolf, that was my main point.

Maybe it appears that way in this thread but that doesn't mean that's why it's reported. IMO all parents try to make their children like them to some degree it's just human nature. People say straight parents are monsters too when it comes to doing this to their children when they are so young. It turns into something similar with straight parents too. Take a Father who wanted a boy and got a girl so make him a boy or if the child is born with a unfunctioning penis but has the sex organs or a girl well make her a boy and Dad is very happy to get the son he always wanted. People can spin anything regardless of what orientation the parents are. It has been done with straight couples and it looks like it's gay couples are fair game too not just victims of their orientation. There needs to be child protection laws throughout the Country to prevent any sex change on babies and children including taking medications to prepare them in the future so they can decide for themselves when old enough to truly know what they want for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky
We think alike. I was about to point out that when straight couples do the same for their trans child, it rarely makes the news.

Somehow it's always the same-sex parents that make the news.

Yep, just folks trying to find "bait" so they have something to hook onto to justify their homophobia.

Nothing new.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:02 PM

107 posts, read 161,480 times
Default Lesbian Parents Put Their Eight-Year-Old Boy Through a Sex Change

Slap your daughter, go to jail for child abuse

Cut off your son's penis and testicles and get a standing ovation?

http://victorygirlsblog.com/?p=11089

The California boy, 11, who is undergoing hormone blocking treatment | Mail Online

Old 05-11-2013, 10:03 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
2011 would like its news story back.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:10 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,412 times
Just 2 years late. I guess anything to start the frenzy of outrage no matter how old it is.

Some people need to stoke the fires of outrage daily or else they have some introspection on how pathetic their lives are.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:28 PM

107 posts, read 161,480 times
So what does that mean... it went into the "dust bins of history?"

Can't help but wonder how things are going with them nowadays.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:29 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Just 2 years late. I guess anything to start the frenzy of outrage no matter how old it is.

Some people need to stoke the fires of outrage daily or else they have some introspection on how pathetic their lives are.
Uh; that ranks up there with those perverts who kidnapped and raped several young ladies like Jaycee Dugard. Let that kid make HIS own decision when he's 18; those freaks need to lose custody and they're an insult to decent Gay or Lesbian people.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:31 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; that ranks up there with those perverts who kidnapped and raped several young ladies like Jaycee Dugard. Let that kid make HIS own decision when he's 18; those freaks need to lose custody and they're an insult to decent Gay or Lesbian people.

No it doesn't. They aren't doing this in a bubble, there are plenty of people involved who have all come to the same conclusion. And nobody cut anything off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.