Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 12:06 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Frankly I think the child is extremely lucky to have been adopted by these women. Imagine if Tammy had been adopted by some of the willfully ignorant bigots on this thread.
For that reason, I'm starting to wish we could start banning conservatives and the very poorly educated from having children. Conservatives are far more destructive to children through brainwashing, Jesus camp, and anti-gay teaching.

Fred Phelps is a perfect example of why it should be illegal for them to raise children.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:11 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,017 times
Quote:
You think sexual orientation and gender identity don't exist?

LOL! Are you an alien?
No, people like that just have to make themselves believe gays and transgendered are evil so they can continue to lie for Jesus and pretend like they are going to Heaven. In order to maintain those beliefs, they must reject all evidence contrary to their preconceived ideas. Cognitive dissonance at its finest. Same reasoning behind why people reject evolution and believe the earth is 6000 years old and there was a global flood 4000 years ago that wiped out the entire planet.

I very very seriously doubt any good God approves of their vile, hateful beliefs.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:12 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,054,719 times
Quote:
Why on earth would you think these women would be telling their child that men are bad? They also have two older sons they clearly love.

Oh! You must think that all lesbians hate men just because they are not sexually and emotionally attracted to men?

Haven't you realised that it's straight women who do all the complaining about men and saying they hate men?
Approximately 99.9% of lesbians hate men. And the straight women who claim to hate men, they've been influenced by lesbians and feminists.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:14 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,810,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I personally have always liked women and preferred them. Many people do change their minds though.
Then you never had a "choice". But you know that other people do. Typical.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:20 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,054,719 times
Whenever I voice my opinion, I always become the main target for personal attacks primarily by feminists, feminized men, women, and homosexuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
For that, you'll get insulted with personal attacks....unless you agree with their opinion.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:21 PM

15,056 posts, read 8,625,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
In your opinion. To other rational thinkers, some mental help may be in order. As I see it, to do this and block the bodies natural growth pattern is simply a form of abuse.

It really is anti-parenting.
Very true .. but don't expect rationality.

No one supporting this craziness will address the medical and moral malfeasance of their position.

Apart from the unknown and suspected dangers, such as interrupting the child's development before puberty and growth spurt which UK doctors believe:

Excerpt from: North teenager takes banned hormone-blocking drugs ready for sex-change operation - Sunday Sun

"The British Society for Paediatrics, Endocrinology and Diabetes recommend use only after puberty. At the NHS Portman Clinic in London Dr Dominico Di Ceglie said the hormone blockers: “Cannot be used before the growth spurt around puberty because of risk to bone development and osteoporosis.”

And it is not at all a stretch of the imagination to suspect that such "fiddling" with normal physiological processes might also have additional unintended consequences later in life? These primary sex hormones do a lot of stuff in the body, and manipulating this hormonal process and balance should be a decision reserved only for an adult and their doctor relative to their own body .. and not decided by a child who is already demonstrating a psychological disorder by the condition itself.

There is a well established rule of thought that children (especially those so young as 8) are simply not mature enough to make life altering decisions, which is why we have age of consent laws ... prohibitions on children engaging in legal contracts .. etc. Yet in this instance, that all becomes irrelevant? I don't think so. This is well beyond reasonable and rational.

There are other issues involved too ... like the backward nature of this approach of forcing the body to fit the mind rather than trying to determine why the mind doesn't fit the body, and treating that condition.

A rather silly but defining analogy would be ... if some strange chemical imbalance crossed enough wires in a person's brain to have them feel they were Chickens stuck in a human body ... should medical science work to develop a pharmaceutical treatment to grow feathers, and perform beak implants? Or would the better course of action be to concentrate efforts in identifying and treating the malfunction that cause them to believe they are freaking chickens?

Although silly ... this does define the backward nature of attempting to alter the physical makeup of a person to match a mental image.

No doubt this is likely to ruffle a few feathers, but hopefully, not all of them will flap their wings at the same time.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 09-30-2011 at 12:44 PM..

Old 09-30-2011, 12:55 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Approximately 99.9% of lesbians hate men. And the straight women who claim to hate men, they've been influenced by lesbians and feminists.
They simply believe that women make better men than men do.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:59 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,458,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
It doesnt matter when they are aware of this, they are still too young and un developed. Changing your gender is so life altering and serious I don't even think a 16 year old can be ready to make that decision.

I was also 8 years old when I realized I wanted a tattoo. Thank god my mom wasn't "open minded" (libs love that term) enough to let me get it. Otherwise I would be in my late 20s still walking around with a bart simpson tattoo on my forehead and regretting it every day.

Oh well, if this issue is okay, then I think tattoos on children should also be legal. Time to invest in childrens flash art.
Please show me anywhere in the article where it says the parents are having their child decide their sex right now at age eight or eleven. Until you can do that, your analogies to tattoos and so on have no relevance to Tammy's case.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Honestly?
Being deaf and or blind can be hereditary so the odds of such are not that astronomical.

I think the issue is what an 8 year old wants today is not ALWAYS what an 8 year old wants when they are 15 or 25..
seems like common sense to me but I guess not.

Just the other day my 8 year asked for a REAL Tatoo of his favorite NFL Teams LOGO on his shoulder... ? Do you think I should let him get one?
Again, please tell me where in the article it says that Tammy is making a decision about her biological sexual development at age 8.

But in neither of the stories I posted was it hereditary. YEs, the blindness was in the first family, but having a deaf son was totally a matter of odds.

Having deaf-blind triples in the second case was also a matter of odds. Yes, the babies were all premature, but the odds that they would all come out deaf and blind was incredibly small. Strange things happen. Statistically unlikely things happen cause there are 7 billion people on the planet.

The reason we hear about these families is because they are so rare. If it was common, we wouldn't be reading about it in the news. But even though rare, it does happen, and it makes the news, which is why we have an article to discuss and a thread about it to begin with.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
'Tammy' is a child.

My grandson doesn't want to do homework, because he wants to play.

Should we force him to do homework, or just let him play? He says he doesn't want to go to college, why should we bother to make him go to the 5th grade. If that is what he wants, no more school for him.

What if this kid gets to puberty and then decides, I want to be a boy now?

What if he wants to commit suicide? It's what he wants to do. Let him blow his brains out?

Parents need to be adults. They need to think what is best for the child.
That's where the whole part of letting her decide when she's older comes in. Did you miss that all the other times I mentioned that? The hormone-blocking therapy is the only option that allows Tammy to decide when she is, indeed, OLDER. As in she is not deciding her sex definitively at age 8. Your analogies are a moot point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies