Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 10:30 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,048,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
"gay bash".. hardly. for the record, not everyone who disagrees w you on this subject is anti-gay or homophobic. And yes, the parents perspectives ARE influencing how they react to this situation, the fact that there are is also a hetero couple allowing this does not contradict that, as their deision making is just as flawed.

And btw, delaying puberty is itself manipulating the situation because the onset of transformations associated with puberty exert an influence on the child with regards to gender and sexuality considerably.

Also, MANY adult males who are post-puberty undergo successful gender reeasignment surgery so the suggestion that if he waits until he is adult male he will have missed the boat is bogus
However, by blocking puberty, you can make the transisition that much smoother.

Waiting until one's an adult to transition (Especially "waiting till 25", as it's been said in this thread previously), and allowing testosterone to take ahold of the body during puberty, makes the transition that much harder.

Basically, the less testosterone, the better.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:30 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,175,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
We are talking about a child, that has been raised to think it was a freak for being a boy by age 8, not some guy named Todd
Actually, we are talking about a child whose brain and body do not have the same gender identity.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Any case histories there?
Did you read the article?

Quote:
Don't you think these kids are taking themselves way too seriously?
Not particularly, as it's been shown how kids react with GID.

Quote:
And finally, does the kid want to be a lesbian?
Wasn't said, and quite frankly, is irrelevant.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:31 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Just the other day my 8 year asked for a REAL Tatoo of his favorite NFL Teams LOGO on his shoulder... ? Do you think I should let him get one?
Honestly? Do you really think that is comparable to Gender Identity Disorder?

Old 09-30-2011, 10:32 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,308,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
But ignoring her threats of cutting off her own penis wouldn't be child abuse. Got it.

Glad to know that ignoring your child's threats of self-mutilation count as "not abusive" in your book.
Nice how you propose a hypothetical in your first paragraph and then answer it for me in your next paragraph. If a person cuts off part of their body its self-abuse. Child abuse is when someone else is abusing the child.
Quote:

If I find my child on the bathroom floor bleeding from having cut off her penis, I'll just leave her there to die.
Do you realize how warped and logically inconsistant that sentence sounds.
Quote:

Doing anything about it, like seeking medical attention and professional help, would be "abusive". I'll be sure to use your standards of abuse when raising my own children in the future.
In your hypothetical sexual muilation fantasy scenario wouldn't it be child abuse to interfere since you are all about respecting the wishes of this 11 year old child?

Quote:
It's not a debate tactic. It's what Tammy wishes to be called. She asked that she be called Tammy. She has stated more than one that she is a girl. I am respecting her wishes, just as I respect someone's wishes to be called Thomas and not Tom or Tommy, or Mr. Johnson and not Thomas, or Uncle Thomas and not just plain Thomas, etc. It's called having basic respect for other people's choice to decide what they want to be called.
While that may be your reason for using the female pronoun for this boy, don't be blinded to the reason liberal commentators use it.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:32 AM

15,097 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
And here we go yet again from the anti-gay peanut gallery.

Please read the article and watch the video.

And here's another story with heterosexual parents in the same situation:

Parents Consider Treatment to Delay Son's Puberty : NPR
Please read my lips .... medical intervention to block the hormonal development of a child should be illegal. This is medical science run amock, and given the newness of this "treatment", the long term effects of such monkeying around with the hormonal processes is totally unknown to these mongrel maniacs in white coats.

We now know of the dangers posed by HRT, that was considered perfectly safe, and is still in use:

• A 41% INCREASE in strokes
• A 29% INCREASE in heart attacks
• A 100% INCREASE in the rate of blood clots
• A 22% INCREASE in total cardio vascular disease
• A 24% INCREASE in breast cancer
• A 100% INCREASE in the rate of Alzheimer's Disease (in women over 65)

But the choice to take Hormone Replacement Therapy is a decision between the doctor and the adult patient.

Of course, to list all of the dangers that exist in common medical treatments would take pages .... but this type of "therapy" is purely
"experimental" with long term consequences unknown. Never should such things be decided for children by others ... it is total insanity no matter how twisted minds try to rationalize it.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:34 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Honestly? Do you really think that is comparable to Gender Identity Disorder?
At that age, yes.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I find it sad that people screw up kids so badly with made-up disorders.
I find it sad that people consider serious disorders "made up" because it doesn't agree with their cavemen upbringing.

Quote:
What 7 year old hasn't at some point questioned their gender?
I didn't.

Quote:
That's part of growing up.
Not normally.

Quote:
That's part of why a kid has a mommy and a daddy. At least in a normal home, they do.
Didn't read this story, did you?

Quote:
But heck...at least Amy and Amy can have a happy "marriage" and equal rights!!!!!
Upbringing has nothing to do with GID.

That's hardwired into the brain.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:35 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,175,551 times
Quote:
Any case histories there?
Yeah. Quite a few, actually.

Quote:
Don't you think these kids are taking themselves way too seriously?
Quite honestly, I couldn't imagine the feeling of having a mind and body with opposing genders. Thus, I very well couldn't imagine the feeling of society constantly reinforcing a gender that I wasn't.

Quote:
And finally, does the kid want to be a lesbian?
What does being a lesbian have to do with GID?

Old 09-30-2011, 10:37 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
you can repost this till pink cows grow wings and fly, it ain't going to change the minds of the willfully bigoted.
I know. But it's interesting that so many on this thread show they don't bother to read anything before proving just how willfully stupid they are as well as willfully bigoted. *grin*.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies