Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 11:48 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,408,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
The kid is a boy. He's not a girl. He isn't a 3rd gender that is a mix of the 2. He's a boy.

You don't find it the slightest bit interesting that the kid is being raised by 2 women that are apparently a bit confused of their own sexuality too? You don't think that had ANYTHING to do with it?

Who's brain has had the rational thought button switched off? It's not our's.
The women are not confused about their sexuality. They are lesbian.
It's only interesting because the odds of a lesbian couple adopting a child with GID would have to be very high.

I've actually read the story and watched the video (unlike you), and have done some research on GID as well as read other stories from heterosexual parents (unlike you), and I know a lot more about sexual orientation and lesbians than you. So no, I know the 2 women being lesbian had nothing at all to do with the child having gender identity disorder.

19,226 posts, read 15,347,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
A: Sexuality has nothing to do with GID.

B: Parentage and environment has nothing to do with GID.

Idiots who honestly believe GID doesn't exist and that Tammy's parents have anything to do with Tammy's choice.
So what if it DOES exist?

Are you against allowing people to be different?

Frankly, I want my tonsils back.

6,484 posts, read 6,626,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post

Interesting. I never experienced sexuality as a "choice". So that makes me curious. At what age did you? What were your options before you made the choice? Did you stick with the original choice, or make changes along the way?
I personally have always liked women and preferred them. Many people do change their minds though.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:49 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,056,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
So what if it DOES exist?

Are you against allowing people to be different?

....No?

And for the record, I still have my tonsils.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:51 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,797,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I wouldn't if she said it for a year and then kept changing her story. Except she has been saying the same thing ever since.

And then tried to cut off her own penis at age 7.

The article says she threatened genital mutilation and then began the process of transitioning at age 8. These parents did not just acquiesce to her every whim. Tammy said the same thing for 4 years and then threatened to harm herself, and only then did the parents take action. Hardly what I would call "taking what a 3 year old says as gospel".

How many times does a child have to say something before their parents take them seriously? How far does a child have to go before their parents will listen to them?
I knew my orientation was different at 3. That soldier who posted on youtube calling his parents and telling them he's gay, knew as early as 5 years old, and it never changed. And he was raised in a Conservative, Bible thumping household in the South and joined the military.

Most people know their orientation/gender identity are different at a very young age, even if they can't exactly arcticulate it in adult language.

But the conservative bigots here will NEVER EVER accept reality. They need justification to mistreat gays, because it's an easy scapegoat while they ignore their own multitude of sins. So they would rather tell people they choose to want to be the opposite gender, or they choose to be attracted to the same gender as some deviant rebellion against God.

Last edited by Fiyero; 09-30-2011 at 12:25 PM..

Old 09-30-2011, 11:56 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,408,000 times
Quote:
We're not going to make it any better by giving the kid 2 mommies and telling him men are bad.
Why on earth would you think these women would be telling their child that men are bad? They also have two older sons they clearly love.

Oh! You must think that all lesbians hate men just because they are not sexually and emotionally attracted to men?

Haven't you realised that it's straight women who do all the complaining about men and saying they hate men?

Old 09-30-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This has to be a hoax, talk about child endangerment and an obvious case of psychological manipulation.

The process started at the age of eight years old, kids are still babies at that age, when it comes to comprehending the world around them; mom and dad are their entire universe. And yet we are to believe this boy, who was raised by lesbians, has always know that being a boy conflicted with the world because he had a ding-dong?

I wonder where the boy got the notion that being a boy was somehow abnormal and out of place in this world?

Who taught the kid, or where did he get the idea, that the hateful genitalia he possessed at birth was.... just wrong, and being a boy was somehow an aberration, and he should become a girl just like mom and dad?
You really know nothing about Gender Identity Disorder do you? Let me guess, you ignore Jaymax's scientific articles on the effects of hormones in brain development, and how the brain and body can develop as the opposite genders right?

You'd rather just keep making outlandish lies and blaming the parents because they are lesbians than opening your mind.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
I find it sad that people screw up kids so badly with made-up disorders. What 7 year old hasn't at some point questioned their gender? That's part of growing up. That's part of why a kid has a mommy and a daddy. At least in a normal home, they do.

But heck...at least Amy and Amy can have a happy "marriage" and equal rights!!!!!
And probably 99.9% of all children that end up gay or transgendered grow up in normal, heterosexual households.

More ignorance from the conservatives.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:04 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,626,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
And probably 99.9% of all children that end up gay or transgendered grow up in normal, heterosexual households.

More ignorance from the conservatives.
Do you have actual evidence to back that up?

Old 09-30-2011, 12:06 PM

913 posts, read 873,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
???

You haven't read the article either.

How about these 'normal hetero parents"?

Parents Consider Treatment to Delay Son's Puberty : NPR
ok, i'll concede. after reading this article and as a parent understanding the desire to see your children happy, i will admit i was wrong on this one. the first article was heavily focused on 'sex change' whereas delaying puberty is the real procedure and totally beside the point. (bear in mind that the video isn't loading for some reason)

the second article to a degree proves the point from where i was coming from. in the west, but especially the states, serious psychological conditions are dished out like candy. a kid washes his hands twice in a day, must be ocd. finds math boring, add. loads of energy, adhd. the 2nd article proves my point that most of the time psychological diagnoses is way off the mark. in my personal experience with these bogus tags they like placing around kids necks i drew the conclusion that this might be another reckless diagnosis.

i guess that the lesbian parents didn't have far to look to find the correct help and it almost seems as though they guided the decision. when the case arises with people who have zero experience with gender issues, their rollercoaster ride and their salvation in finding someone who 'fixed' the unhappiness and outbursts kinda proves that the two women went to the right place in the beginning.

i'm still not sure about the treatment though, especially from the age of 8. i'm also not sure that i would've agreed to publicise the issue as the anti gay adoption crowd are going to dig their heels in now. just when we got rid of dadt, we need to focus the economy and wars w2ithout adding another politically polarizing issue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies