Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 06:22 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,589,478 times

Advertisements

I can't believe some of you still fall for his political jargon. This was nothing more than a weak attempt to boost his numbers which will occur albeit temporarily. This man is no longer re-electable. He's dropped this country's credit rating from #1 to #5 in only 3 years. I'd be surprised if he even gets the democratic nomination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 06:23 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,145,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Great speech! A real plan from a real POTUS.

LMAO SPEECH SPEECH SPEECH SPEECH

Thats all weve ever gotten from this clown. Speeches and failures.

And of course YOU would be so proud.

This dope gave a lot of great speeches that helped him get elected. Hell....people were even fainting.
But look at the country. We are in worse shape.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:23 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,524,527 times
Default Did Obamas Speech mean the real deal?

Or is it another all talk and no action speech? Your thoughts? I would back his proposal if it actually works however obama better be careful on what income level he classifies super rich. 250k is to low 1M dollars a year is more accurate.
Also he better be right on this will be paid for if not lol political suicide coming.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:25 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,087,915 times
it's about time he had a plan and not the same BS.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:26 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,329,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I agree. Great speech.

From the beginning of his presidency, he's included good ideas and good people from both parties. The solutions he's proposed are agains from both sides of the isle.

The truth is that the Republicans don't care about the people in America that are living day to day... desparate for help.

And, if you've lost everything over the next 14 months... oh well.
Quote:
I agree with both of you. The only question/comment I have is who picked out Biden, Boehner and Obama's ties? The Easter bunny? Did they plan on being color coordinated like that?

Old 09-08-2011, 06:28 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,057,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I agree with both of you. The only question/comment I have is who picked out Biden, Boehner and Obama's ties? The Easter bunny? Did they plan on being color coordinated like that?
I missed their ties. What color were they?

btw, I've edited my original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post

I agree. Great speech.

From the beginning of his presidency, President Obama has included good ideas and good people from both parties. The ideas he's proposed in tonight's speech are again taken from both sides of the isle.

The truth is that the Republicans that are in Washington don't care about the people in America that are living day to day... desparate for relief.

And, if you lose everything over the next 14 months... oh well.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:30 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,819,095 times
Quote:
His whispering was very compelling.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:32 PM

7,973 posts, read 9,187,775 times
"Pass the jobs bill" will now be added to his economic Toutette's along with green shoots, green jobs, shovel ready, and pay their fair share.

His plan sounded like son of stimulus, with the same fix windows, hire more teachers, rebuild the infrastructure ideas that accomplished next to nothing from the stimulus bill.

Of course he didn't have the specifics on exactly HOW this is going to be paid for or what specific cuts to Social Security,Medicare and Medicaid he was willing to go along with to keep these programs solvent.

More of the usual Obama technique: we must pass this immediately, we don't have a moment to spare!!!

What a waste of time this speech was. He should have waited until he had the specific cuts/tax increases set before giving this speech so people could weigh the pros/cons of his idea.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:34 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,567,330 times
At least he finished before the start of the NFL game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
"Pass the jobs bill" will now be added to his economic Toutette's along with green shoots, green jobs, shovel ready, and pay their fair share.

His plan sounded like son of stimulus, with the same fix windows, hire more teachers, rebuild the infrastructure ideas that accomplished next to nothing from the stimulus bill.

Of course he didn't have the specifics on exactly HOW this is going to be paid for or what specific cuts to Social Security,Medicare and Medicaid he was willing to go along with to keep these programs solvent.

More of the usual Obama technique: we must pass this immediately, we don't have a moment to spare!!!

What a waste of time this speech was. He should have waited until he had the specific cuts/tax increases set before giving this speech so people could weigh the pros/cons of his idea.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:37 PM

15 posts, read 11,677 times
Default Obama's Speech-no reason for hope

A few thoughts:

the infrastructure bank is a pretty good idea, however (1) without a guarantee that the projects will go to American firms employing American workers, it's useless, and (2) why wasn't infrastructure covered in the near trillion dollar stimulus package? What was all that? Just a waste apparently, according to Obama.

Regardless of the infrastructure bank, any "jobs" speech that says next to nothing about reforming out trade system, says nothing about tory reform, nothing about domestic energy exploration, and nothing about the several tens of millions of illegal aliens and guest workers is nothing more than a JOKE

Nothing is more nauseating than hearing Obama whine about corporate loopholes. His "jobs czar" crony Jeffrey Immelt is the CEO of a corporation that just turned what, a 9 billion dollar profit and didn't pay income taxes? All while outsourcing jobs to China while Obama remains totally silent.

The tax credit to hire workers will do absolutely nothing.

I simply don't believe him when he says he'll cut red tape. He has consistently added it at an unprecedented rate. Not even his own chief of staff would defend him in front of the country's manufacturers. He also gives no one any reason to believe him when he says he'll work to cut spending.

"put teachers back to work." Great, so just like his last stimulus package, this one is another gift to his supporters in the NEA. I guess we should just accept that every time the economy is bad, he'll just empty the treasury even more to make sure teachers are the one profession that feel no hurt whatsoever while everyone else gets screwed.

Overall, I can't trust the sincerity of a man whose administration told Gibson Guitars to move offshore. I can't trust someone who is being accused by small feedlot owners of intentionally trying to put them out of business (EPA Declares Hay a Pollutant in Effort to Antagonize Small and Mid-Sized U.S. Cattle Feeders) This man just can't be trusted.

I'm out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies