Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 05:52 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,288,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The only thing that your negativity proves is that you love nasty rhetoric more than you love America.
I guess that depends if you believe in a dependent forced to share your bank accounts communist America or a self reliant successful Capitalist Democratic Republic America.

Which is it you love?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

15,446 posts, read 21,372,711 times
Obama has not given five minutes of thought to this proposal except to think about his reelection. More taxes, no tax reform, extend unemployment benefits, no regulation reform, bigger government, more golf time.

The next step is the elections.

760 posts, read 686,159 times
Great if this "act" works.

7,993 posts, read 12,870,957 times
Very funny too, the jobs he wants so badly to create....all union jobs. Notice how much he talked about teachers? What aboout free market jobs? Not much in his speech about those.

Just a little wanabee dictator with big ears....he would be better as leader of a third world country, not the U.S.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:53 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,288,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
All that was missing from this speech was him saying at the end "I'm Barack Obama and I'm running for President". More of the same. <sigh>
Could be the speech that has Hillary challenging Obama in a primary.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:53 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,879,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Seriously how many times tonight will Obama complain about how the richest American's don't pay enough taxes? How many times will he blame everything that's wrong with the world on the fact that he doesn't think rich people pay enough in taxes and that they're greedy and selfish for not wanting to part with more of their property? Any takers?
I wouldn't mind taxes on the top 5%ers but it always seems new taxes bite the middle class one way or another.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:55 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,550,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Then you missed an EXCEPTIONAL speech!
That's a matter of opinion. No matter how good or bad the speech is, I just cannot stomach political party cheerleaders giving a standing ovation for every point , good or bad.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:55 PM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,268,341 times
It was nothing but a campaign speech. The problem is everything he has tried has failed so it was hard to get behind his confidence that his plan will work.

From his speech

Quote:
Regardless of the arguments we've had in the past, regardless of the arguments we'll have in the future, this plan is the right thing to do right now. You should pass it. And I intend to take that message to every corner of this country. I also ask every American who agrees to lift your voice and tell the people who are gathered here tonight that you want action now. Tell Washington that doing nothing is not an option. Remind us that if we act as one nation, and one people, we have it within our power to meet this challenge.
He is saying, if you agree with him, call your congressman. If you don't agree with him, keep quiet. A balanced president would have said "call your congressman and tell him how you feel".

Old 09-08-2011, 05:56 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,372,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Could be the speech that has Hillary challenging Obama in a primary.
I hope not. This whole election is about Obama and he certainly offers no surprises.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:58 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,365,759 times
This is what happened with school grants in our area about 15 years ago.

With grants for the goverment a beautiful new high school was built and two middle schools.

Fast forward to today....

Our school are mainly funded by millage.

Times are hard and twice now the millage to run the schools has been defeated.

The schools are in disrepair.

The pools sit idle but, still eat up a huge amount of funding for maintenance.

We sit here looking a gift horse in the mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies