Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 07:00 PM

773 posts, read 2,638,166 times

Advertisements

No-way. He scammed me once; he won't do it again. I'm sitting on my hands the next election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 07:02 PM

780 posts, read 1,347,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Okay, I think it's time to level the place with the clearest of perspectives...the harshest and uglieset of truths:

George Carlin ~ The American Dream - YouTube

I actually have this video in my favorites on YT :-)
Yep, just imagine what Carlin would be saying now with Obama and the tea party, etc??

Banana republic, we're coming---can you hear us?!?!?

Old 09-10-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Maybe we should do like those on the right did and throw Zombie FDR's hat into the ring.
Trust me, if we move *EVEN FURTHER* to the right, there will be such an outrage in 2016, that the left won't have any choice BUT to do that!

Old 09-10-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I think you misunderstood me. I don't mean legally qualified. I mean qualified in the sense that he can adequately perform the job as President of the United States. Currently, many people are doubting he can.
Yes, I agree with you. Herein lies another problem though:

While Obama hasn't done squat with his "hope and change", he knows he can continue running on the right side of the political spectrum because he knows just what extreme there is even further to the right within the republican party, so unless a serious challenger can nail Obama in the primaries, it'll be like voting for a republican vs a crazier republican in 2012.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:58 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,533,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Wow, you get it.
How could you believe Social Security is not bankrupt then?
Assuming you're referring to the other thread, read my response. It's not bankrupt.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:05 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,789,638 times
Ha ha.

One.
Liberals are the world’s biggest dupes.

Two.
The "democrats" i.e. liberals in US politics need to have their politicians vetted a little more carefully before promoting them as saints and gods...

Three.
Liberals and their "issues" are way to ephemeral for any rational person to follow let alone ghetto intellectuals like B.H. Obama. They make inconsistent and knee-jerk reactionary instantaneous demands that simply cannot be complied with. (Perhaps that's half the point)

Liberals:
They truly deserve what they get.

Old 09-11-2011, 07:37 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,771,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Ha ha.

One.
Liberals are the world’s biggest dupes.

Two.
The "democrats" i.e. liberals in US politics need to have their politicians vetted a little more carefully before promoting them as saints and gods...

Three.
Liberals and their "issues" are way to ephemeral for any rational person to follow let alone ghetto intellectuals like B.H. Obama. They make inconsistent and knee-jerk reactionary instantaneous demands that simply cannot be complied with. (Perhaps that's half the point)

Liberals:
They truly deserve what they get.
Name one liberal bill Obama has passed during his presidency...

The Wealthcare Bill doesn't count (centrist) and the Financial Reform Bill doesn't count (centrist).

DADT, MAYBE, but another than that, name one more...

Old 09-11-2011, 08:44 AM

37,325 posts, read 19,317,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylar0201 View Post
Note: this is just to the liberals out there--not trying to single-handedly ignore any conservatives out there, but I'd just like to get a wide range of opinions on who has given up on the president after his latest moves which tick off more and more of his base.

Assuming Obama still runs next year ( makes you wonder if he's really even trying sometimes ) regardless of who he's up against, would you still re-vote for him again, and if so, can you elaborate why?

Thanks!
Yes, I voted Obama 2008.
No, I am not very happy with the way he wasted his mandate to govern, and I am particularly upset about UHC and the stimulus being watered down to meaningles status.
Yes I will vote Obama 2012.
Reasons: Palin, Bachmann, Paul, Perry, Cain, etc.

Field a real candidate to oppose him and I will vote for him or her.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:58 AM

16,777 posts, read 8,259,365 times
The Repub. party is way to far to the right. It is starting to embrace almost facist policies. See Wis. and Ohio. They can't be trusted because when they take power the nonsence begins.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:59 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,041,097 times
Quote:
Liberals totally gave up on Obama??
They are all in with obama. They might grouse and complain, but they will support him to the bitter end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Assuming you're referring to the other thread, read my response. It's not bankrupt.
You mean all those IOUs count? Do you know how many TRILLIONS in unfunded liabilities there are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Name one liberal bill Obama has passed during his presidency...

The Wealthcare Bill doesn't count (centrist) and the Financial Reform Bill doesn't count (centrist).

DADT, MAYBE, but another than that, name one more...
Oh yes, they all count. Obamacare, rammed through. Stimulus, rammed through. Financial reform, rammed through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies