Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2011, 02:35 PM

38,785 posts, read 26,598,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
If money bought votes he would be in great shape. Carter was ineffectual but at least he had the country's interest at heart. That "massive political machine" had boatloads of money in 2010 too. And remember - "The difference between 1994 and 2010 is - in 2010 you've got me!" - how well did that work out?

The "lie repeated" strategy doesn't work as well when voters are confronted by conflicting stories from their own lives. The Internet tends to let the air out of political propaganda campaigns as well.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 02:43 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,370,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Because he knows the differences between structural debt and fiscal stimulus, unlike you.
Yikes -what was that? Where are the REAL obama apologists when you need them?

Old 08-14-2011, 02:46 PM

898 posts, read 831,579 times
What's funny with these obamabots talking about republican candidates being flawed (in their narrow political view) is that the most FLAWED candidate with a track record to accompany his flaws is little barry sotero, their jug-eared hero!

Old 08-14-2011, 02:47 PM

13,874 posts, read 9,833,264 times
Quote:
Yikes -what was that? Where are the REAL obama apologists when you need them?
Explain to me how reducing demand increases economic activity. That's what you are advocating.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
What's funny with these obamabots talking about republican candidates being flawed (in their narrow political view) is that the most FLAWED candidate with a track record to accompany his flaws is little barry sotero, their jug-eared hero!
Flirting with secession and calling SS and Medicare unconstitutional puts Perry in an extremely weak position for the general election. As an Obama supporter, I find Perry's popularity a good sign.

C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,370,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
It's hard to imagine a weaker candidate. Donald Duck would beat obama if he put on a pair of pants...

7,545 posts, read 8,363,546 times
Quote:
Explain to me how reducing demand increases economic activity. That's what you are advocating.
Really, tell us how successful his fiscal stimulus was then.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Really, tell us how successful his fiscal stimulus was then.
The stimulus package was way too small. China passed a similar stimulus package that would have been 2 trillion if compared to our situation.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how decreasing demand will lead to more economic activity.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:53 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,137,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually its YOU trying to spin your error by comparing Sanrenes comment about an ELECTION poll, to an APPROVAL poll, and quoting one to back up the other.

The fact that this isnt an election poll, has me curious why you think you made a point quoting a comment about an election poll.

They take approval polls all the time and they have NOTHING to do with elections. Policies are put forth daily by administrations and the public polls are used to show support for those plans. Clearly the public opposes these plans, but that doesnt mean that Obama cant put forth good plans before the election to turn them around.

We are dealign with NOW, not next year.. keep spinning your error though in not comprehending the difference.
You have it exactly right, of course. The response from obama's supporters IS predictable...but I'm waiting for them to start calling Gallup a right-wing tool, since Gallup has obama tanking the most out of all the pollsters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
It equates to Senate and House votes. A weak president that the public disapproves of will find it much harder to collect enough votes to pass his agenda. If/when the results get bad enough that even his party doesn't believe he'll be re-elected and they won't have to deal with him for 4 more years he'll have even more trouble getting votes to pass what he wants.
His agenda is DOA. There will be no more failed stimuli.

Quote:
He could get back a few points if he canceled his vacation and pretended to be concerned about the economy. I realize he's not smart enough to see that, but I assume at least one of his advisers must be...
Ohhhhhhhh........He should seriously reconsider his luxury vaca - he's liable to get down around 30 with the images coming out of Ma's Vine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
It's beyond me how nearly 40% of the population can give this guy a thumbs up. Look around, folks.
Amazing, isn't it? Most of his supporters are absolutely clueless about what he's doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
So approval ratings doesn't equate with votes at all?
Only to say his approval, right now in the Gallup, would lose him the election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Then why bother even reporting on approval ratings for presidents during their second term if the ONLY reason for reporting on approval ratings is to predict re-electability? Gosh, I didn't realize that this would be such a difficult concept for lefties to grasp.
They grasp the severity of his situation....they won't admit it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Im glad to see his numbers go down, but we have to be careful. There is still over a year to go. ANYTHING can happen.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Obama give a concession speech. If he ends up losing, I wonder if he and his wife will manage to be as gracious as Bush has been.....I wonder if Michelle O will suddenly not be proud to be American again. I could easily see her getting angry and vocal if should happen to lose.
Yes, his only hope is the economy picking up...and all the forecasts say that won't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
His post downgrade speech was probably the worst I've seen him. For the sake of the country I hope he recovers. I disagree with his politics but I want him to do well.
If you disagree with his ruinous politics, why?

The speech was horrendous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
I think Gallup is being extremely generous in their assessment of the buffoon in the White House (Obama).
Remember, finger on the scale. They probably have the tracker so skewed towards democrats right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
LOL, Gallup shows Obama even worse than Rasmussen does. Where are all the tinfoilhatters with the Rasmussen = GOP shill conspiracies?
They would lose all credibility - isn't Gallup the gold standard for them?

Quote:
I'm a Democrat and Obama supporter. Right now I feel pretty good about Obama's chances. The three main contenders for the GOP nomination are all deeply flawed candidates. After the dust settles and the markets calm down we will see the unemployment rate gradually falling, not as fast as I would like, but moving in the right direction.

The debt committee will be creating a package that is more to Obama's idea that will include more cuts, entitlement reforms, and revenue increases. That will be a big win for Obama and will be a good sell to independents worried about government debt.
Not a chance of that happening.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:54 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,137,260 times
Quote:
He threw $1+ trillion at the economy, through liberal wish list projects...how'd that turn out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies