Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:53 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,475,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Who is saying this is an election poll? All I'm saying is a poll, ANY POLL this far out is
meaningless, I quoted sanrene's post to back me up!

Keep trying to spin it though....
Actually its YOU trying to spin your error by comparing Sanrenes comment about an ELECTION poll, to an APPROVAL poll, and quoting one to back up the other.

The fact that this isnt an election poll, has me curious why you think you made a point quoting a comment about an election poll.

They take approval polls all the time and they have NOTHING to do with elections. Policies are put forth daily by administrations and the public polls are used to show support for those plans. Clearly the public opposes these plans, but that doesnt mean that Obama cant put forth good plans before the election to turn them around.

We are dealign with NOW, not next year.. keep spinning your error though in not comprehending the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 12:54 PM

4,006 posts, read 10,895,514 times
Simply put, we employ leaders to lead, not blame or hide behind others. This is relative for both public and private sectors. Obama will not change his mindset as he is not a natural leader. He would be better off in Congress so he can hide behind 434 other people directly. The polls are reflecting this.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:02 PM

5,508 posts, read 5,271,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
39% Approve - 54% Disapprove.

I'm thinking his message of blame and unwillingness to admit his own failures is the reason.

I guess it probably didn't help that once again, obamacare, HIS signature legislative, got smacked down in the courts.
I think the biggest reason is absolute failure of his policies to deal with the crippled economy, as proven by 3 years of nothing-but-bad-news under his leadership. Of course, his economic policies are simply continuation of Bush's failed policy of giving trillions to the already-rich Big Business, and waging multiple senseless foreign wars. Add on Obamacare, where a bad situation was made infinitely worse, and Big Business was guaranteed huge profits while the taxpayer was guaranteed massive tax increases, in return for LESS access to increasingly-expensive health care.

We thought he'd have at least one new idea as the representative of "Hope and Change" but most didn't realize the one new idea was to massively increase taxes on the working class. Thank heaven the Republican politicians realized that an even bigger tax burden would send us from constant economic decline to total collapse, and stopped his frantic efforts to make my family, and other working families, even poorer than we are now.

And yes, the childish inability to accept blame isn't something found in a real leader, or a real man. We didn't think we were electing to the head of the "family" the spoiled little 5-year, who is caught standing over the broken family-heirloom vase and immediately cries: "My sister did it then ran into the other room!"

Old 08-14-2011, 01:10 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,423,967 times
Quote:
So approval ratings doesn't equate with votes at all?
It equates to Senate and House votes. A weak president that the public disapproves of will find it much harder to collect enough votes to pass his agenda. If/when the results get bad enough that even his party doesn't believe he'll be re-elected and they won't have to deal with him for 4 more years he'll have even more trouble getting votes to pass what he wants.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:10 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,950,573 times
pghquest, do you personally think this poll means anything 15 months out?

Old 08-14-2011, 01:13 PM

898 posts, read 832,043 times
The craziness of the lefties here trying to defend the lying, dishonest pile of crap they put into office along with indies who'd hoped barry would be who he *claimed* to be is hilarious. While these people are on my ignore list, I'm still subjected to their lunacy by other posters quoting them.

Thanks for the laugh, lefties, but we all know that little barry has NO CHANCE of winning a second term. NONE. He will get 40-45% of the vote even with all the cheating the dems will be doing. And I'm being generous.

Feel free to bookmark and necro this post after the 2012 elections when you also lose the senate.

And meanwhile, little barry was off again to play yet more golf on Saturday while the nation descends into chaos.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,475,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
pghquest, do you personally think this poll means anything 15 months out?
All polls are meaninful, but they arent meaningfull in relation to if Obama will be re-elected. These polls dictate how much the public supports Obama and his plans, and how much political capital Obama can count on to support any future plans. 39% is pretty low, so if Obama wants to create some big new spending bill, he can count on very little support from the public getting it passed through Congress.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:14 PM

38,797 posts, read 26,623,889 times
Quote:

Timing is everything.

In any case, the bloom is off now.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:17 PM

30,524 posts, read 19,019,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
thats what you call a thread killer.

you owned sanrene.

she cant come back at you and spin it, just like she couldnt come back at me when i brought up her hero rick perry: the in state tuiton for illegals, trans texas corridor, forced vaccinations, open borders, freedom loving rick perry.

Liberal diversionism, as they cannot face the facts. Obama is a failure as a president, his popularity is falling, and he will lose the election.

Perry will be the next president, whether the liberals like it or not, as the nation is ready for a change after four years of Obama and they will vote against the author of thier misery. The independents, who put Obama in office, will not vote for him.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:20 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,950,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Liberal diversionism, as they cannot face the facts. Obama is a failure as a president, his popularity is falling, and he will lose the election.

Perry will be the next president, whether the liberals like it or not, as the nation is ready for a change after four years of Obama and they will vote against the author of thier misery. The independents, who put Obama in office, will not vote for him.
im not making calls on anybody, as i plan on voting for ron paul or writing him in regardless.

if perry wins i'll at least know im not responsible for a nationwide amnesty program and illegal alien tuition expansion to the rest of the country within 2 years of the start of his term.

he got tuition for illegals in texas, he'll do it for the rest of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies