Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 02:52 PM

28,016 posts, read 29,166,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Many of you who are enrolled in private insurance plans are funding birth control and, in some cases, abortion for other subscribers. I suggest you opt out immediately.
Not op out. Vote out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 02:58 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,110,503 times
You are welcome to pay for your own health care out of pocket.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:05 PM

28,016 posts, read 29,166,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
You are welcome to pay for your own health care out of pocket.
Please educate how by being enrolled in a private insurance plan for myself, I pay for someone else's birth control or abortion. Which companies do this? Links will be helpful.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:14 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Sounds like someone never gets laid. lol.

Sex is not only a fundamental right, it is humanities most basic instinct.

I think its stupid that conservatives yell at pregnant teenagers, saying that if they have an abortion they are akin to a murderer. Yet when they give birth to the child and are thrust into poverty conservatives then want to ridicule them for being on the rolls.

The best way to prevent abortion and wellfare is to make sure these young women and men have birth control and know how to use them. Yet conservatives don't want these provided to them either.

You want them to just stop having sex?! Haha! Thats a joke. Good luck with that. I'd rather approach this issue in a way that it can actually be solved.
Yup! The poor repugs and their low-to-non-existent sex drive....and their total lack of knowledge about sex and human nature and history.

They seem to think if you scream, "IF they just stopped having sex", " "They SHOULD just keep their legs closed" , IF only....",

then humans will change their nature and just quit having sex.

10,000 years of humans having sex is just totally ignored by these poor unsexed little people.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Please educate how by being enrolled in a private insurance plan for myself, I pay for someone else's birth control or abortion. Which companies do this? Links will be helpful.
At the time of my abortion in 1997, United Healthcare of Ohio paid all of my medical bills for a hospital-based induction with an overnight stay following prenatal diagnosis of anencephaly at 20 weeks. If my memory serves, my care totaled approximately $5000.

As a young woman who was still a dependent, my parent's insurer, which I believe was Blue Cross, covered a significant portion of my birth control pills, and my current insurer, Cigna, also covers a variety of prescription birth control medications and devices. Aetna fully-covered my spouse's vasectomy, a surgical birth control method, in 2001.

Doesn't seem as if you've thought this issue through very thoroughly. I suggest you check your specific policy for details about your insurer's coverage. You should have received a summary when you enrolled.

Last edited by formercalifornian; 07-12-2011 at 03:50 PM..

Old 07-12-2011, 03:30 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,999,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yup! The poor repugs and their low-to-non-existent sex drive....and their total lack of knowledge about sex and human nature and history.
C'mon now, with the never-ending "The Bathroom Encounters" series, you can't really say that.

What you could, is that they probably want to take a page out of Sharia's Haram Laws.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:51 PM

5,508 posts, read 5,273,709 times
I, too, hate paying for the irresponsibility of others, and after the coming total collapse, it won't be a problem anymore. But for now, we have a liberal Big Government that has decided that WE (the taxpayers) WILL pay for the children of those who breed them, but can't afford them. This cost is beyond astronomical, considering how many subsidies for children are already built into every system we have, like taxes, public education and insurance.

Children are no longer an "asset" or an "investment," now that we have a nation whose job base has been destroyed. Spending enormous amounts of taxpayer money to educate them simply creates an even larger future army of unemployed, over-educated people to support.

The only thing we can do at this point is to shift the cost of children onto those who choose to produce them, as much as possible. At the same time, we must STOP the continued breeding of those who can't pay for their offspring. The best way to do this is to have mandatory, unavoidable birth control an absolute requirement of anyone getting a single dollar of any public benefit. Research must be done to create better, longer-term, reversible birth control, but this would not be difficult.

Arguing about the cost of birth control, which should be no more than a few hundreds of dollars a year, is ridiculous when a single child costs society MILLIONS.

We need to stop thinking, as a society, that children are the path to happiness, and the ONLY path to happiness. They are not. Likewise, the "right" to breed is NOT the most important right humans have, and in fact when overbreeding causes everyone in society to be reduced to slavery to produce more humans. All more humans on the planet do is make the quality of life for everyone, less. We have more than enough humans on the planet to utilize all the natural resources, and labor is now so in such oversupply that it is worthless. We must reverse this situation if ANYONE on the planet is to have quality of life.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:54 PM

12,436 posts, read 12,021,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
I, too, hate paying for the irresponsibility of others, and after the coming total collapse, it won't be a problem anymore. But for now, we have a liberal Big Government that has decided that WE (the taxpayers) WILL pay for the children of those who breed them, but can't afford them. This cost is beyond astronomical, considering how many subsidies for children are already built into every system we have, like taxes, public education and insurance.

Children are no longer an "asset" or an "investment," now that we have a nation whose job base has been destroyed. Spending enormous amounts of taxpayer money to educate them simply creates an even larger future army of unemployed, over-educated people to support.

The only thing we can do at this point is to shift the cost of children onto those who choose to produce them, as much as possible. At the same time, we must STOP the continued breeding of those who can't pay for their offspring. The best way to do this is to have mandatory, unavoidable birth control an absolute requirement of anyone getting a single dollar of any public benefit. Research must be done to create better, longer-term, reversible birth control, but this would not be difficult.

Arguing about the cost of birth control, which should be no more than a few hundreds of dollars a year, is ridiculous when a single child costs society MILLIONS.

We need to stop thinking, as a society, that children are the path to happiness, and the ONLY path to happiness. They are not. Likewise, the "right" to breed is NOT the most important right humans have, and in fact when overbreeding causes everyone in society to be reduced to slavery to produce more humans. All more humans on the planet do is make the quality of life for everyone, less. We have more than enough humans on the planet to utilize all the natural resources, and labor is now so in such oversupply that it is worthless. We must reverse this situation if ANYONE on the planet is to have quality of life.
So I assume you are in favor of govt. paid birth control? I agree for the reasons you stated.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:56 PM

I read an interesting statistic today (believe it was in the NYTimes) that the percentage of children in the U.S. population has dropped to an all-time low of 23%. At the turn of the 20th century, children made up 40% of the U.S. population.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:07 PM

37,629 posts, read 19,596,901 times
[quote=BirchBarlow;19977835]
Liberals act as if it's their God-given right to have an orgasm, [quote]
Why not?

The conservatives don't seem to want them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies