Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 11:04 AM

25,231 posts, read 17,062,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
I always hear liberals screaming that society has an obligation to pay for liberals' abortions, and if we don't want to pay for their abortions, then we should be required to pay for welfare for all the children that they claim will inevitably be born if women aren't given taxpayer-funded abortions on demand. If we object to further subsidizing their welfare checks, liberals demand that we pay for their birth control pill or their condoms. Well you know what, I for one say NO.

NO, I WILL NOT PAY FOR YOU TO KILL YOUR BABY.
NO, I WILL NOT PAY FOR ALL YOUR LITTLE BASTARD CHILDREN.
NO, I WILL NOT PAY FOR YOUR BIRTH CONTROL PILLS.

Liberals act as if it's their God-given right to have an orgasm, and if you refuse to subsidize their pursuit of an orgasm, you're some kind of cold, heartless monster. That couldn't be farther from the truth. Liberals are like children that never grew up, in that they want to enjoy all of the privileges of adulthood while at the same time bear none of the responsibilities that come with the privileges. Sex is not a fundamental right, it's a privilege for responsible adults, specifically two adults who are bound within the sanctity of marriage. If you aren't bound within the sanctity of marriage, then you simply have no right to sexual gratification, and it's quite selfish of you to demand that others sacrifice simply so you can experience sexual pleasure.

Shame on liberal men for not supporting the innocent children that result from their trysts.

Shame on liberal women for being so indiscriminate in the selection of their sexual partners.

Shame on liberal men and women for engaging in sexual relations outside of the sanctity of marriage.

You want birth control pills, YOU PAY FOR IT.
You want to have children out of wedlock, YOU PAY FOR IT.
You want to kill your baby, YOU PAY FOR IT.

Can't afford any of the options, sorry not my effing problem.
You always chant "KEEP THE GOVERNMENT OUT OF MY BEDROOM", well keep your bedroom out of my government and out of my wallet and we'll be okay.
Who is asking YOU to pay for anything?
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 11:07 AM

Excellent replies folks, loved giving out all the reps. Birch was not one of them. Good to see rational minds stand up to closed minds.
Casper

Old 07-12-2011, 11:25 AM

9,408 posts, read 12,007,932 times
I find it hilariously ironic that people scream sex is for married people only to enjoy, yet most married people I know complain how little sex they get after marrying....

Old 07-12-2011, 11:31 AM

7,083 posts, read 12,117,476 times
I think it's kind of moronic that some one who exposes a love of freedom wishes to limit sexual relations between adults.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
I think it's kind of moronic that some one who exposes a love of freedom wishes to limit sexual relations between adults.
They Love THEIR Freedoms, Yours they want to control, it is selective Freedom, based on the voices in their head.
Casper

Old 07-12-2011, 11:45 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,999,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I find it hilariously ironic that people scream sex is for married people only to enjoy, yet most married people I know complain how little sex they get after marrying....
Makes me wonder what kind of people wrote the Haram laws in Sharia. Perhaps the same kind who believe that sex is merely a privilege, not a right.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:52 AM

20,947 posts, read 19,171,067 times
Sexual freedom is a basic right, but with rights come responsibility.

We've had this argument before.

Nobody is out to stop people from having sex.

We are right to expect those people to take responsibility for the consequences of sex.

The left seem to place the responsibility for it on others, as if it is society's responsibility to pay the consequences.

That argument cannot be broken.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:06 PM

274 posts, read 373,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Sexual freedom is a basic right, but with rights come responsibility.

We've had this argument before.

Nobody is out to stop people from having sex.

We are right to expect those people to take responsibility for the consequences of sex.

The left seem to place the responsibility for it on others, as if it is society's responsibility to pay the consequences.

That argument cannot be broken.
Do you realize how what you're saying is not based in reality? It would be nice if everything worked the way you think it should, but that's not always going to be the case.

The difference between liberals and conservatives is, liberals deal with 'what is' and conservatives are obsessed with 'what should be'. You conservatives never think beyond that.

It's like if I ran out of gas in my car and I had a conservative and a liberal in the back seat. The liberal would have a gas can, just in case something like that happens. Not that the liberal supports the idea of people not gassing up their car and then running out of gas - but you know, just in case. The conservative would just keep rocking back and forth, shaking his head, saying "You should always make sure you have enough gas in the car."

That's a nice thought, but we're still out of gas!!

Old 07-12-2011, 12:21 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,092,439 times
"I have 3 kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and 3 money?"
-Homer Simpson-

Old 07-12-2011, 12:22 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,583,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
I always hear liberals screaming that society has an obligation to pay for liberals' abortions, and if we don't want to pay for their abortions, then we should be required to pay for welfare for all the children that they claim will inevitably be born if women aren't given taxpayer-funded abortions on demand. If we object to further subsidizing their welfare checks, liberals demand that we pay for their birth control pill or their condoms. Well you know what, I for one say NO.

NO, I WILL NOT PAY FOR YOU TO KILL YOUR BABY.
NO, I WILL NOT PAY FOR ALL YOUR LITTLE BASTARD CHILDREN.
NO, I WILL NOT PAY FOR YOUR BIRTH CONTROL PILLS.

Liberals act as if it's their God-given right to have an orgasm, and if you refuse to subsidize their pursuit of an orgasm, you're some kind of cold, heartless monster. That couldn't be farther from the truth. Liberals are like children that never grew up, in that they want to enjoy all of the privileges of adulthood while at the same time bear none of the responsibilities that come with the privileges. Sex is not a fundamental right, it's a privilege for responsible adults, specifically two adults who are bound within the sanctity of marriage. If you aren't bound within the sanctity of marriage, then you simply have no right to sexual gratification, and it's quite selfish of you to demand that others sacrifice simply so you can experience sexual pleasure.

Shame on liberal men for not supporting the innocent children that result from their trysts.

Shame on liberal women for being so indiscriminate in the selection of their sexual partners.

Shame on liberal men and women for engaging in sexual relations outside of the sanctity of marriage.

You want birth control pills, YOU PAY FOR IT.
You want to have children out of wedlock, YOU PAY FOR IT.
You want to kill your baby, YOU PAY FOR IT.

Can't afford any of the options, sorry not my effing problem.
You always chant "KEEP THE GOVERNMENT OUT OF MY BEDROOM", well keep your bedroom out of my government and out of my wallet and we'll be okay.
Is eating a fundamental right?

Could make the same argument for people on welfare buying lobster to eat...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies