Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 11:15 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,589,182 times

Advertisements

[quote=BirchBarlow;19977835]I always hear liberals screaming that society has an obligation to pay for liberals' abortions, and if we don't want to pay for their abortions, then we should be required to pay for welfare for all the children that they claim will inevitably be born if women aren't given taxpayer-funded abortions on demand. If we object to further subsidizing their welfare checks, liberals demand that we pay for their birth control pill or their condoms. Well you know what, I for one say NO.

NO, I WILL NOT PAY FOR YOU TO KILL YOUR BABY.
NO, I WILL NOT PAY FOR ALL YOUR LITTLE BASTARD CHILDREN.
NO, I WILL NOT PAY FOR YOUR BIRTH CONTROL PILLS.

Liberals act as if it's their God-given right to have an orgasm, and if you refuse to subsidize their pursuit of an orgasm, you're some kind of cold, heartless monster. That couldn't be farther from the truth. Liberals are like children that never grew up, in that they want to enjoy all of the privileges of adulthood while at the same time bear none of the responsibilities that come with the privileges. Sex is not a fundamental right, it's a privilege for responsible adults, specifically two adults who are bound within the sanctity of marriage. If you aren't bound within the sanctity of marriage, then you simply have no right to sexual gratification, and it's quite selfish of you to demand that others sacrifice simply so you can experience sexual pleasure.

Shame on liberal men for not supporting the innocent children that result from their trysts.

Shame on liberal women for being so indiscriminate in the selection of their sexual partners.

Shame on liberal men and women for engaging in sexual relations outside of the sanctity of marriage.

You want birth control pills, YOU PAY FOR IT.
You want to have children out of wedlock, YOU PAY FOR IT.
You want to kill your baby, YOU PAY FOR IT.

Can't afford any of the options, sorry not my effing problem.
You always chant "KEEP THE GOVERNMENT OUT OF MY BEDROOM", well keep your bedroom out of my government and out of my wallet and we'll be okay.[/QUOTE

I'm gay and I hope you know that MOST people are sexual and gay people are NO MORE sexual than straight people. I'm 34 and have been with only ONE Person. I have a degree in religion and live a pretty conservative lifestyle. Homosexuality is an UNCHOSEN sexual orientation and has NOTHING TO DO with morals are being overly sexual. Morals have to do with CHOICES and BEHAVIORS not traits.

Also, if i were to get married my marriage would be just as 'sanctified' as yours considering my relationship is just as valid. Why do conservatives have to lie about reality in order to believe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 11:20 PM

10,180 posts, read 10,349,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
IT - you suggestion is obviously far too rational for these control freaks to accept.
If control freaks use birth control, more people should be control freaks.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:26 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,424,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birchbarlow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanedc View Post
on whose authority?
god
I WILL NOT FALL PREY TO THE SAME FEAR AND DELUSION THAT SEEM TO GRIP YOUR LIFE.

ok?

Old 07-12-2011, 11:56 PM

10,180 posts, read 10,349,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Sounds like someone never gets laid. lol.

Sex is not only a fundamental right, it is humanities most basic instinct.
What you're missing is that "humanities" have evolved. To live in 2011 and claim "unprotected sex" is some instinct, is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Some folks want kindergartener's taught sex ed, so they can protect themselves, but it's some basic instinct of which the result can't be prevented because "humanities" have basic instincts.

Make up your mind.

Quote:
I think its stupid that conservatives yell at pregnant teenagers, saying that if they have an abortion they are akin to a murderer. Yet when they give birth to the child and are thrust into poverty conservatives then want to ridicule them for being on the rolls.
That's where being responsible comes in to play. Maybe not saying having sex (without making sure you are protected from getting pregnant or impregnating someone) is a "basic instinct", in the way you seem to be, is the right way to go about it.

Quote:
The best way to prevent abortion and wellfare is to make sure these young women and men have birth control and know how to use them. Yet conservatives don't want these provided to them either.
That's not true.

It's a merry-go-round. Parents need to know who their kids are, where their kids are, what they're doing and who they are doing it with.

Quote:
You want them to just stop having sex?! Haha! Thats a joke. Good luck with that. I'd rather approach this issue in a way that it can actually be solved.
Who said anything about not having sex?

What's your solution? Do you have one?

Last edited by Informed Info; 07-13-2011 at 12:33 AM..

Old 07-13-2011, 01:09 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,366,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Why do liberals think sex is a fundamental right?
To reiterate what other posters have stated, because it is.

Not everyone loves a conservative nanny state who decides who has sex.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:35 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,392,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
What you're missing is that "humanities" have evolved. To live in 2011 and claim "unprotected sex" is some instinct, is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Some folks want kindergartener's taught sex ed, so they can protect themselves, but it's some basic instinct of which the result can't be prevented because "humanities" have basic instincts.

Make up your mind.

That's where being responsible comes in to play. Maybe not saying having sex (without making sure you are protected from getting pregnant or impregnating someone) is a "basic instinct", in the way you seem to be, is the right way to go about it.

That's not true.

It's a merry-go-round. Parents need to know who their kids are, where their kids are, what they're doing and who they are doing it with.

Who said anything about not having sex?

What's your solution? Do you have one?
I can't take it. The stupidity. Its too much!

No! You think that humans in 2011 are any more different than humans in any other time period???? Think again!!! We aren't! Most (possibly excluding you) humans love to have sex. We did not -evolve to wear condoms-(jesus, help you), which have only been in wide spread usage for two generations. Yes, we do exist to have unprotected sex. Unprotected sex is a human instinct. Holy crap you need to go see a doctor if you think otherwise. And yes, kindergartners should be taught sexual education. The sooner the better. Why? Because people exist to reproduce! If you don't teach them how to not do so, THEY WILL!

Oh, I should just not say that sex is a human instinct and then it will go away. Blah! BS! Why is it BS? Because sex is an instinct, and it will NEVER go away. Pretending like it doesn't exist is the absolute WORST way to go about it.

As for parents knowing what their kids are up to, thank god (if this fairy creature exists) that most parents realize sex is a natural occurrence and they talk and educate their kids on the subject. I'll have you know that my parents (mother and step-father) knew NOTHING of my sex life as a teenager. They knew very much about my sex life when I went off to college, but that's because I pretty much threw it in their face and they couldn't do anything about it, not like they cared. I wish I would have been your child. You would have learned quickly how futile it is to control a young man's sex life. My biological father came from a family of people who wanted to control his sex life (they are disgustingly conservative people. I might even label them as Nazis). You know what he did when he got my mother pregnant with me as a teenager? He abandoned us. "Its not mine!" "You have to have an abortion. My parents will kill me if they find out about this" "Just keep him a secret for now and i'll give you money to feed him every month(that didn't happen)". I only met him after I became an adult (I am 23 now). That is the result of people thinking like you.

Get real. I don't expect you to though because you clearly exist outside of reality.

And the best solution we have is to make sure teenagers are educated about birth control and that it is subsidized by taxes. That is the best way to save your tax dollars. Any other solution will either cost you more taxes or (like telling teenagers not to have sex) won't work.

Last edited by CravingMountains; 07-13-2011 at 02:03 AM..

Old 07-13-2011, 01:56 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,895,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I'm gay and I hope you know that MOST people are sexual and gay people are NO MORE sexual than straight people. I'm 34 and have been with only ONE Person. I have a degree in religion and live a pretty conservative lifestyle. Homosexuality is an UNCHOSEN sexual orientation and has NOTHING TO DO with morals are being overly sexual. Morals have to do with CHOICES and BEHAVIORS not traits.

Also, if i were to get married my marriage would be just as 'sanctified' as yours considering my relationship is just as valid. Why do conservatives have to lie about reality in order to believe?
I don't think he's referring to your situation, he's talking about having kids. It's very obvious to me that this thread is poorly titled.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:04 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,816,445 times
So just curious, after you deny everyone sex, will you be burning all the libraries?

Old 07-13-2011, 05:21 AM

20,947 posts, read 19,188,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post

This country has and have thousands of Orphanages they didn't magically appear for no reason.

Before the advent of contraceptives, pregnancy prevention, and other forms of sex ed, homes like these were a common fixture in America.

Please wake up from that conservative coma your'e in.
So you seem to think that there are no unwanted or orphaned children in America today?

The great debate during Roe vs. Wade was that there would be no more poor, hungry, unwanted children once you murder them in the womb.

Yea....that worked.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:48 AM

274 posts, read 373,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
So you seem to think that there are no unwanted or orphaned children in America today?

The great debate during Roe vs. Wade was that there would be no more poor, hungry, unwanted children once you murder them in the womb.

Yea....that worked.
Hey, I'm just curious about all you guys that keep talking about murdering babies. Are you this passionate about all those frozen embryos, or "babies" as you might call them, that get discarded after IVF procedures? Where's the march on Washington about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies